Saurabh Shukla – Biography, Facts & Life Story
His Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)|
|Weight||82 kg (181 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Age||60 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||5 March 1963|
|Full Name||Saurabh Shukla|
|Profession||Actor, Director and Screenwriter|
|Birthplace||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
An Indian actor, screenwriter, and film director, Saurabh Shukla works in Hindi films. He is mainly known for his roles in Satya (1998), Yuva (2004), Barfi! (2012), and many more that are worth watching.
We can see his abilities in innumerable Bollywood movies. Mostly, he plays negative and villainous roles for which the audience showers praise on him. He has also worked in a short documentary wherein he worked with Ruth Agnihotri and Rachael Agnihotri in Goa.
Shukla started serious theatre in 1986 with roles in plays such as A View From The Bridge (Arthur Miller), Look Back in Anger (John Osborne), Ghashiram Kotwal (Vijay Tendulkar), and Hayden.
In 1991, Shukla joined the NSD Repertoire Company- the professional wing of the NSD as an actor. Following year, he got his first role in the film named ‘Bandit Queen’.
The actor then gave many brilliant performances in Bollywood films and received overwhelming feedback from the viewers.
There are many acting credits associated with his career for which he got much praise. Also, he has directed many films as well.
Among various notable achievements and honors, Saurabh Shukla won the National Film Award for the category of Best Supporting Actor for his role in the film titled ‘Jolly LLB’ in 2014.
Check out exclusive ➡facts about Saurabh Shukla.
Saurabh Shukla has worked in The Big Bull, Darbar, Housefull 4, Tadap, and Chhalang.
Saurabh Shukla Education
College: Khalsa College, Delhi, India
Saurabh Shukla Career
Profession: Actor, Director and Screenwriter
Known For: Jolly LLB Movie
- Actor: Played the role of Kailash in the Hindi film- Bandit Queen (1994)
- Screenwriter: Hindi Film- Satya (1998)
- Director: Hindi Film, Mudda – The Issue (2003)
Family & Relatives
Father: Not Known (vocalist)
Mother: Dr. Jogmaya Shukla (Tabla Player)
Brother: One (elder)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Shukla Barnali Ray
Saurabh Shukla Favorites
Hobbies: Reading , Writing, Watching Films
Favorite Food: Shekhar Kapoor
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Saurabh Shukla
- Saurabh Shukla was born to a family of musicians in the Gorakhpur district of Uttar Pradesh in India.
- Saurabh Shukla family moved to Delhi from Gorakhpur, when he was two years old.
- His father is a vocalist while his mother is the first woman Tabla player of India.
- In his childhood, his parents allowed him and his elder brother to watch at least four films a week.
- Saurabh Shukla wanted to become a film-maker when he was in class six.