Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m)|
|Weight||77 kg (170 lbs)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Nickname||Boom Boom Afridi and Shah|
|Full Name||Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi|
|Age||42 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||1 March 1980|
|Birthplace||Khyber Agency, FATA, Pakistan|
Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi also known as Boom Boom, a YouTuber, and the former captain of Pakistan national cricket team, it is Shahid Afridi. He is popular for this outstanding boundaries. He is one of the successful all-rounders. He famous for his compatible bowling are depended on the change of pace rather than a change of pin as well as for his aggressive batting style with the right arm. But Afridi thinks himself that he is a better bowler than a batsman.
Forty years old, heart touching cricketer Shahid Khan Afridi was born on 1st March 1980, in Khyber Agency, Pakistan. He belongs to the Afridi tribe of Pashtuns. The cricketer got married to his maternal first cousin, named Nadia Afridi. The couple has five daughters. His nephew Irfan Afridi is also a cricketer.
He is one of the most liked cricketers in Pakistan. He played his first international match against the team Kenya on the 2nd of October 1996. He is an all-rounder player, bowls with his right arm and also bats on the right side.
He is the first player to score half of a century in a successful run-chase in T20 world cup finals.
In the first international innings which Afridi played from Pakistan cricket team, He broke the record for the fastest century in ODI cricket, hitting a century on 37 balls. He got retirement from Test cricket in July 2010. After the ICC World Cup, he got retired from ODI cricket as well as from T20Is and International cricket in February 2017.
Shahid Afridi got married to his maternal cousin Nadia Afridi and has 4 beautiful daughters.
Afridi was initially played for the under-19 team. While playing for this drafted, he gave his good performances at the championship circuit that was started in 1994. He next then promoted to the senior draft of the Pakistan national team. He progressed very well for the Karachi Whites that helped his team to won the match. He took 42 wickets in only five matches with an excellent average of 9.59. Later on, Afridi had also played from the national side against England A squad and West Indies Youth teams on his homeland. In the Senior National Championship, Afridi represented Karachi Whites by playing first-class cricket for them.
Additionally, when we concerned about the international career of Afridi. During his international career, he made the record of the world’s fastest One Day International century by 37 deliveries. He is also the record holder to hit the most sixes overall in the history of One Day International cricket.
He has also represented the national team in the 2007 World Twenty20 and ICC Twenty20 World Cup in 2009. However, he was successful in a bowl only in the 2007 World Twenty20. But he maintains his position in the ICC Twenty20 World Cup in 2009 with his excellent score of 50 runs in the semi-final and 54 runs in the final matches of the series that led Pakistan to the victory. As a result of which he became the first player in the history of the T20 World Cup who receive the Player of the Tournament award. Not only this, but he also became the first player who ever score a 50 with the successful run chase in the history of World T20 final; the first player who scored a 50 with taking at least one wicket in the World T20 final match; and the only cricketer who win both the awards at a time, i.e. the Player of the Final (2009) as well as the Player of the tournament awards in the ICC World T20.
As concerned as the bowling skills of the cricketer, he has taken 48 wickets in the Test matches till now along with more than 350 wickets in the One Day International. Recently, in January 2020, Afridi holds the 2nd position on the chart of the T20I most wicket-taker with taking 98 wickets from the 99 ODI matches.
Afridi broke the heart of many of his fans when he announced the retirement from the international cricket on 19th February 2017. However, Afridi came back to the international cricket and represented the World XI as the captain against West Indies in a charity match at the 2018 Hurricane Relief T20. Challenge.
Shahid Afridi Education
|College||Government Islamia Science College, Karachi|
Shahid Afridi Career
Profession: Cricketer (All-rounder)
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Sahabzada Fazal-ur-Rehman Afridi
Mother: Not Known (Died)
Brother(s): Tariq Afridi, Iqbal Afridi, Mushtaq Afridi, Ashfaq Afridi, Shoaib Afridi and Javed Afridi (Cousin)
Sister(s): 4 (Name Not Known)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Nadia Afridi
Daughter(s): Aqsa, Asmara, Ajwa and Ansha
Shahid Afridi Favorites
Hobbies: Driving and listening music
Favorite Food: Kebabs, chicken biryani, kheer and ice-cream
Favorite Color: Light Brown
Facts You Never Knew About Shahid Afridi!
- In the first international innings which Afridi played from Pakistan cricket team, he broke the record for fastest century in ODI cricket, hitting a century on 37 balls.
- He was just 16 years of age when he hit that century. It was his second international match and technically he scored the fastest hundred in his first ODI innings.That took him 11 sixes and 6 fours to achieve that incredible feat.
- Shahid Afridi has nine 5 Wickets haul in ODIs. He has over 8000 runs and 395 wickets in 398 ODIs. He is the fifth highest wicket taker in ODIs.
- Shahid Afridi was also the leading wicket taker in T20Is. He got 91 scalps in 90 matches. The next best is Gul with 85 wickets.
- With 32 Man of the Match Awards, he sits fifth on the list of the most number of ” Man of the Match” awards .Boom boom Afridi has three ”Man of the Series” awardsand is regarded as a fine T20 specialist player.
- Afridi has a film made on his name “Main hoon Shahid Afridi”. He is known for his charity back in Pakistan and runs hospitals and educational institutes for the needy.
- He is cherished as the best Pakistani cricketer in his country.With 398 ODIs he is the fifth most capped player only behind SRT, Mahela, Jayasuriya and Sanga to name a few.
- He played the World T20 2016 which is held in India and this was his last World Cup appearance.