Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5′ 11″ (1.79 m)|
|Weight||71 Kgs (156 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
Shikhar Dhawan an uprising Indian cricketer. An opening left-handed batsman and an infrequent off break right-arm bowler, he plays for Delhi Capitals in Indian Premier League (IPL). He also played for Under-17 and Under-19 Indian teams prior making his debut for Delhi in 2004. At World Cup 2015, Shikhar Dhawan was the top scorer for Indian team and in the next year, emerged as the fastest cricketer to touch 3,000 ODI runs. In the year 2017, Shikhar Dhawan became the second Indian to touch 4000 runs in ODI. He also holds record for maximum runs in an almanac year in T20 International cricket.
In October 2010, Shikhar Dhawan made his first ODI debut opposite Australia at Visakhapatnam. His debut for test cricket came beside the similar opposition in 2013 at Mohali wherein he scored fastest hundred on Test debut and finished his innings with 187 runs out of 174 balls. A fruitful scorer in ICC tournaments, Shikhar top-scored in Under-19 World Cup 2004 as well as in Champions Trophy tournaments 2013 and 2017 and maintains the record for fastest to touch 1000 runs in ICC One Day International tournaments.
In the year 2013, he recorded as second-top scorer in List A match after he scored 248 runs out of 150 balls against South Africa at Pretoria. All through 4th One day International opposite South Africa in Johannesburg, he emerged as the first Indian and overall 9th to score a century in his 100th One Day International game. In the year 2018, alongside Afghanistan, he emerged as the 6th batsman to score a century prior lunch time on day 1 of a Test match.
Shikhar Dhawan was born in Delhi, India on 5th December 1985. He was born to Mahendra Pal Dhawan and Sunaina. He joined St. Mark’s Senior Secondary Public School in Delhi. Since his 12 years of age, he got training at Sonnet Club under the supervision of Coach Tarak Sinha, who has already trained twelve cricketers on international level. Shikhar was a wicket-keeper once he joined Club for the first time.
Shikhar Dhawan Education
Qualification: 12th standard
School: St. Marks Senior Secondary Public School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
Shikhar Dhawan Career
Salary: Rs 25 Lakh per annum (Retainership Fees)Rs 7 lakh (per test match)Rs 4 lakh (per one day match)Rs 2 lakh (per T20 match)
Net Worth: $1 Million
Family & Relatives
Father: Mahendra Pal Dhawan
Mother: Sunaina Dhawan
Sister: Shreshta Dhawan (sister)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Ayesha Mukherji
Son: 1 (Zoravar)
Daughter: 2 (Rhea and Aliyah; Shikhar Dhawan is step-father)
Past Relationships: Ayesha Mukherji
Shikhar Dhawan Favorites
Hobbies: Playing cricket
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Shikhar Dhawan
- Is Shikhar Dhawan addicted to smoking?: No
- Is Shikhar Dhawan alcoholic?: Yes
- He belongs to a Punjabi middle-class family with its ancestries in Ludhiana.
- Shikhar’s cousin used to play for Delhi Sonnet Club. Seeing him play, he created his curiosity in cricket, after which his father enrolled him at Delhi Sonnet Club under the supervision of Tarak Sinha.
- In the same year, Shikhar Dhawan scored his first century in an Under-15 school tournament.
- Whilst he was playing national cricket, there was a time when he was repeatedly ignored by selectors, which discouraged him so much that he planned to quit playing cricket.
- On his One Day International debut, he got out on a Zero and scored a hundred on his first Test debut.
- Shikhar Dhawan was elected before Virender Sehwag on his Test cricket debut, and he completely justified his selection by way of hitting fastest century in a Test debut on only 85 balls.
- His curved moustache and Ghajini haircut is a trendsetter amongst young generation.