Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 7 inches (1.70 m)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lbs)|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Full Name||Saravanan Sivakumar|
|Age||46 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||23 July 1975|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Suriya is a renowned Indian film actor, filmmaker, playback singer, television presenter, distributor and voice artist who mainly recognized for his incredible work in Hindi and Tamil cinemas. Suriya was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu; India on 23rd July, 1975.
Suriya’s real name is Saravanan Sivakumar. He successfully completed his schooling from St. Bede’s School and PSBB School, Chennai. He earned his bachelors of commerce degree from Loyola College, Chennai. Before entering into film industry, he was working at a local garment exports firm for about 8 months.
In the year 1997, Suriya made his acting debut with the movie titled Nerrukku Ner, produced by Mani Ratnam. It was Mani Ratnam who provided him on-screen name Suriya with the intention of avoiding confusion with an already existing actor in the film industry named Saravanan. Right after his debut movie, a few of his next movies were flopped. In the year 2001, he lastly delivered a megahit in Siddique’s movie Friends. In the same year, he delivered one of his remarkable performances in the movie titled Nandha. Suriya received Tamil Nadu State Filmfare Award under the nomination of Best Actor. He afterwards delivered back to back megahit movies like Mounam Pesiyadhe and Unnai Ninaithu.
In 2004, Suriya won his first Filmfare Award under the category of Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his breathtaking acting in the movie titled Pithamagan. He trailed it with Filmfare Award for the Best Actor for his movie Perazhagan wherein he portrayed a double role. Suriya afterwards appeared in one of the most archetypal movies of Tamil cinema, Ghajini. The movie was very well acclaimed by the audience and was also produced in Hindi version with the same title. Since now, Suriya has delivered a number of megahits. His movie Singham was also reproduced in Hindi. He presently starred in the 3rd part of franchise movie Singham and it grossed around 100 crores at Indian box office making him one of the most recognizable superstars in film industry.
Suriya was born to actor Sivakumar and Lakshmi. He has two siblings, a younger brother named Karthi who is also a renowned actor as well as a younger sister named Brindha Sivakumar. In 2006, Suriya married to famous actress Jyothika and the couple has a daughter named Divya and a son named Dev.
|Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|School||The PSBB Millennium School, Coimbatore
St. Bede's Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai
|College||Loyola College, Chennai
Suriya 's Photos Gallery
Film: Nerrukku Ner (1997)
Salary: 25-50 crores/film(INR)
Net Worth: $25 million
Family & Relatives
Mother: Lakshmi Sivakumar
Brother(s): Karthik Sivakumar a.k.a Karthi
Sister(s): Brindha Sivakumar
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Jyothika (Actress, m.2006-present)
Hobbies: Long driving and camping
Favorite Actor: Kamal Hassan and Rajinikanth
Favorite Actress: Trisha
Favorite Food: Curd rice & pickle, Dosa, Thai cuisine
Favorite Color: Black, White
Favorite Movies: Iranian films
Facts You Never Knew About Suriya !
- Surya was born in a family with a filmy background, his brother; wife and father are all renowned actors.
- Famous director Mani Ratnam passed him the name Suriya, in order to avoid any mix-up of name with actor, Saravanan.
- Suriya initiated his career as a marketing manager in a garment store and worked there for almost three years.
- Suriya’s first salary was 1000 Rupees, from which he gifted a Saree to his mom.
- His character of Nandha in the movie Nandha was considered as a breakthrough role of his career which afterwards earned him a Filmfare Award.
- Suriya together with his wife Jyothika is the originator of Agaram Foundation which supports school dropout kids to assimilate.