Diljit Dosanjh – Biography, Facts & Life Story
His Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||39-31-14 Inches|
|Height||5 ft 9 inches (1.75 m)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lbs)|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
|Age||39 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||6 January 1984|
|Full Name||Daljit Singh Dosanjh|
|Birthplace||Dosanjh Kalan, Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
Diljit Dosanjh is a famous Indian singer, actor and writer in Punjabi movies. He has also starred in Bollywood films. Diljit’s most prominent works in Punjabi comprising off movies like Jihne Mera Dil Lutiya, The lion of Punjab, Saadi Love story and Jatt and Juliet. His most renowned songs comprises off Dharti, Ishq Da Udta Adaa, The Next Level and Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya. Diljit Dosanjh is currently associated with Bollywood movies initiating his career with the movie Udta Punjab. His Hindi movie Phillauri is almost ready for release.
Diljit Dosanjh was born in Jalandhar, India on 6th January 1984. He belongs to a Sikh family with his father employed in Punjab Railways. Diljit has two siblings. He was always fascinated towards theatres and Punjabi folk music. His talent for acting and music developed in a very young age. Diljit Dosanjh completed his formal education in Ludhiana. As music was his utmost passion, Diljit brought out musical videos and albums portraying his talent. Numerous of his works were megahits and got immense fame with ordinary Punjabi listerners. Diljit’s music perfectly suited to Punjabi folk whereas it also had a touch of western lyrics.
After his succession of duets and singles with talented Punjabi singers, Diljit received numerous offers from Punjabi movies that afterwards put him on a stepladder of fame. In the year 2011, Diljit Dosanjh initiated his acting career with the movie The Lion of Punjab. After that, he appeared in a number of renowned movies like Disco Singh, Jatt & Juliet, Punjab 1984 and Sardaarji. In his eight years of career span, Diljit Dosanjh has received a number of awards comprising off PTC Punjabi Film Awards as well as Punjabi International Filmfare Academy Awards.
Diljit’s appearance into Bollywood films has fetched him immense fame. He portrayed a leading role in the movie Udta Punjab for which he received Best debut Filmfare award. In the year 2017, Diljit Dosanjh will be starred in the movies Phillauri and Kaneda.
Diljit Dosanjh has worked in Good Newwz, and Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari.
Diljit Dosanjh Education
Qualification: 10th standard
School: Shri Guru Harkrishan Public School, Ludhiana
College: Al Manar Public School, Ludhiana
Diljit Dosanjh Career
Punjabi Film: The Lion of Punjab (2011)
Bollywood Film: Udta Punjab (2016)
Album: Ishq Da Uda Ada (2000)
Singles: “Nachdi De” ft. Miss Pooja (2009)
TV: Awaaz Punjab Di (2010, as a co-host)
Salary: ₹4 crore/film
Net Worth: ₹170 crore
Family & Relatives
Father: Balbir Singh Dosanjh
Mother: Sukhwinder Kaur
Brother: Manjeet Singh
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Sandeep Kaur
No. of Children: 1
Diljit Dosanjh Favorites
Favorite Food: Sarson Ka Saag Makki Ki Roti, Pinni
Facts You Never Knew About Diljit Dosanjh
- Diljit belongs to a modest family with an average income; as his father’s salary was about ₹5,000.
- In a very young age, he was fascinated towards music and initiated to perform at local Gurdwaras.
- Diljit Dosanjh delivered his first on-stage performance in a village, for the sake of attracting the audience.
- In the year 2000, Diljit made his first singing debut with the musical album titled Ishq Da Uda Ada.
- He was formerly named Daljit that he afterwards amended to Diljit upon the suggestion of his recording producer, Rajinder Singh.
- His song titled “Lak 28 Kudi Da” was a superhit wherein famous singer Yo Yo Honey Singh was also casted.
- Diljit’s acting in the movie Jatt and Juliet became a turning point of his career and the movie’s sequel was also a megahit.
- In the year 2013, his singing revolution came with the single Baadshah. Furthermore, it became the first ever Punjabi song to be casted on Vevo.
- Besides acting and singing, he is also a humanitarian; as he instigated an establishment named Saanjh Foundation in the year 2013, which supports senior citizens and underprivileged children.