Vijay Patkar – Biography, Facts & Life Story
His Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)|
|Weight||65 kg (145 lbs)|
|Age||61 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||May 29, 1961|
|Full Name||Vijay Patkar|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Producer|
Vijay Patkar is a renowned Indian Television, theater, Hindi and Marathi movie actor. He is typically recognized for his comic roles in megahit Hindi movies such as Apna Sapna Money Money, Tezaab, Teesmar Khan, Golmal-3, All the Best, Daddy Cool and Singham. Vijay Patkar was born in Mumbai, India on 29th May 1963.
He moved ahead to join Siddharth College Union High School. He joined Bank of India after successfully completing his studies. He has been appointed as the Vice President of ‘Akhil Bharatiya Chitrapat Marathi Mahamandal’. Vijay’s first performance was in his college drama called ‘Majhi Paheli Chori’. He got his first success once director N Chandra provided him the role of Anil Kapoor’s pal in the movie titled Tezaab. The movie was a big hit at Indian box office. Vijay Patkar has done loads of his works in Marathi movies, commercial ads and theater plays. He is highly prejudiced by Charlie Chaplin, which clearly replicates on his TV commercials and other shows.
Vijay Patkar was bestowed with IIFA award for the best model in a television commercial for his act in Cello Tape commercial ad. He has also received Marathi Natya Parishad Award for his remarkable starring role in ‘Halka Fulka Natak’. At present, Vijay has directed seven movies. His movies comprise off Ek Unad Diwas, Riwayat and Laavu Ka Laath.
Vijay Patkar Education
School: Union High School, Mumbai
College: Siddharth College, Mumbai
Vijay Patkar Career
Profession: Actor, Director, Producer
Net Worth: $1.9 Million
Family & Relatives
Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
Brother: Dayal Patkar
Marital Status: Married
Son: Shardul Patkar
Vijay Patkar Favorites
Hobbies: Dancing, Singing
Favorite TV shows: Saraswati (Marathi)
Facts You Never Knew About Vijay Patkar
- Is Vijay Patkar addicted to smoking?: Not known
- Is Vijay Patkar alcoholic?: Not known
- He always used to appear in college shows and his first college play was Majhi Pehli Chori.
- Once completed his education, he appointed in Bank of India through Artiste’s quota.
- In the year 1988, he got his breakthrough role, the role of Anil Kapoor’s pal in the movie titled Tezaab.
- Vijay Patkar continued to work in Marathi movies, theatre and TV commercials.
- He is primarily recognized for his act in Marathi movies. He has starred in more than 30 Marathi movies.
- Vijay Patkar has also directed a number of Marathi films also. The first movie directed by him was Chashme Bhaddar.
- He has been highly inspired by English comic actor named Charlie Chaplin.
- Vijay was bestowed with IIFA award for the best model for his Cello Tape television commercial.
- He has also received Marathi Natya Parishad Award for his theater play titled Halka Fulka Natak.
- In the year 2012, he directed a film titled Riwayat specifically based upon female foeticide across India.
- He is typically recognized for his comedy roles in movies such as Apna Sapna Money Money, Tezaab, Tees Maar Khan, Golmaal 3, All the Best: Fun Begins, Daddy Cool and Singham.