Full Name:Yuzvendra Singh Chahal
Profession:Cricketer (Spin Bowler)
Age (as of 2019):29 years old
Date of Birth:23 July 1990
Birthplace:Jind, Haryana, India
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)
Weight:62 kg (137 Pounds)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Yuzvendra Chahal is a renowned Indian cricketer as well as a chess player. He was born in Jind, Haryana, India on July 23, 1990. Yuzvendra is a leg-spinner who came into limelight once he taken 34 wickets in Under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy 2009. He was the prominent wicket taker of the whole tournament.
Yuzvendra’s first love was Chess and he has also symbolized India at junior level though because he couldn’t get himself a sponsor, he ultimately quit playing chess and started first-class cricket debut through playing in IPL squad 2011. Yuzvendra Chahal was credited by IPL Mumbai Indians though he couldn’t get a single match.
Though, he ultimately got his chance at T20 Champions League in the same year. He performed very proficiently in all matches though he was contributory in Mumbai conquering the final as he finished his spell with 3-0-9-2 figures. Yuzvendra Chahal was reserved by franchise though he could only get a chance to play in a single match for the next couple of years.
In the year 2015, Yuzvendra Chahal was bought by RCB IPL auctions and this was the time where he found attention and success. He was not only the highest wicket-taker for the next couple of years though also amongst their top match winners. With a few fine domestic and IPL performance, Yuzvendra strengthened his path into national set-up and got the chance to appear in ODIs and T20Is on Zimbabwe tour in 2016. After that, Yuzvendra was not elected for any further series until or unless the T20I series alongside England in the year 2017. In the final match of this series, he provided the outstanding spell of his career through taking 6 wickets against 25 runs. After missing out his selection in the champion’s trophy, Yuzvendra Chahal has made his quay fixed in national squad in restricted overs format. He also performed proficiently in 2017 home season against New Zealand and Australia. Yuzvendra made every single opportunity count and in case he keeps his bowling in a way he is bowling at the moment, next year he will be Virat’s go to man World Cup 2019.
Yuzvendra Chahal was born to Advocate K. K. Chahal and Sunita Devi. He has two elder sisters who are currently settled in Australia. He is in a romantic relationship with model cum actress Tanishka Kapoor.
Facts You Never Knew About Yuzvendra Singh Chahal!
- Is Yuzvendra Chahal addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is Yuzvendra Chahal alcoholic?: Yes
- He developed his greater fascination towards both cricket and chess when he was only 7 years old.
- Owing to his slender physique, his friends always used to call him single haddi.
- Although he desired to chase his career in chess, he abandoned playing it at a professional level for it being a costly game. Because of this, he got more fascinated towards cricket.
- Yuzvendra Chahal is the first player to symbolize India in both cricket and chess games.
- He initiated playing cricket as a medium-fast bowler though afterwards, he converted into a leg spinner.
- In accordance with him, playing chess assists him to become more persistent, controls his bad humor and makes him capable of reading batsman’s mind.
- Yuzvendra Chahal stunned England during the third T20 in Bengaluru, with figures of 6 for 25.
- Yuzvendra Chahal, who represents Haryana in Ranji Trophy, is the only player to represent India in chess and cricket. In fact, his name is listed in World Chess Federation’s official site.
- He first played in the IPL for Mumbai Indians in 2011. Harbhajan Singh was the team’s main spinner then, but Chahal claimed 2 for 9 in Mumbai’s Champions League T20 victory the same year.
- Chahal was the second-highest wicket-taker in the 2016 IPL season, representing Royal Challengers Bangalore. He finished with a handsome haul of 21 wickets as RCB reached the final of the competition.
- In the third T20 against England on February 1, 2017, he became the first Indian bowler to claim a five-wicket haul in T20 internationals.
Yuzvendra Singh Chahal Education
Qualification: Not Available
School: DAV Public School, Jind
College: Not Available
Yuzvendra Singh Chahal Gallery
Yuzvendra Singh Chahal Career
Profession: Cricketer (Spin Bowler)
Debut TV Series/Movie: Test- N/A
ODI- 11 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare
T20- 18 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare
Salary: Retainer: INR 50 lakh, Test: INR 15 lakh ODI: INR 6 lakh T20: INR 3 lakh
Net Worth: Not Available
Family & Relatives
Father: K K Chahal (Advocate)
Mother: Sunita Devi
Sister(s): 2 (Both elders)
Marital Status: Single
Tanishka Kapoor (Actress, Rumour)
Yuzvendra Singh Chahal is pretty active in Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram