Full NameVir Das
ProfessionActor and Comedian
Age (as of 2019)40 years old
Date of Birth31 May, 1979
BirthplaceDehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height5’ 6” (1.68 m)
Weight65 kg (143 Pounds)
Eye ColorDark Brown
HobbiesPerforming stand-up acts
Favorite ActorAamir Khan
Favorite ActressSri Lanka
Favorite FoodKFC’s veg meal
Vir Das is a famous Indian movie actor, television actor and Comedian who typically recognized for his remarkable acting in Bollywood movies. He was born in Dehradun, India on 31st May, 1979.
Vir Das trekked the route of economics and persuaded towards theater. Whilst he was studying at Knox College, Illinois, he apprehended his fascination towards stand-up comedy. Without additional ado, he moved ahead and starred in Brown Men Can’t Hump at Knox’s Harbach Theatre. Vir Das was bestowed with Colton Performance award for his breathtaking work in the field of arts. He learned routine acting from Harvard as well as attended Moscow Arts Theatre.
Within India, he performed at numerous places and composed six of his specials. His debut within India was in Habitat Center, New Delhi. The tickets for his plays sell like hot cakes in any number of viewers. Vir Das is the most watched YouTuber and is proficient enough in tempting the audience with his brilliant performances and fresh content.
Television channels like Star world, Zoom, SAB TV, STAR One, CNBC-TV18, CNN-IBN, employed him for their channels. He conquered the viewers over the agitated performances he did. Vir Das starred on Bollywood silver screen with a supporting character in the film Namaste London. He was noticed in portraying supporting roles in more than 15 movies in Bollywood.
Aside from amusing in electronic media, Vir Das is provided a column to write for magazines like Maxim, Femina, DNA, Exotica and Tehelka. Vir is critically commended by top newspapers such as Delhi Times, Hindustan Times, The Indian Express. Hence nowadays, he stands as a stand-up comedian, Writer, host, director, actor and proficient at improv.
The Indian Express has dubbed him ‘a comedian to watch out for’. Hindustan Times names him ‘simply hysterical’. Delhi Times has dubbed him as one of Delhi’s Top Dream Personalities. The Pioneer has named him ‘The Funniest Kid within India’. Verve has named him ‘India’s only true comic’. Indian Express has titled him ‘India’s Answer to Jay Leno’. Vir Das has credit for 35 plays, 100 stand-up comedy sitcoms, 2 movies, 8 TV shows, 6 comedy plays behind him. Vir Das also wrote a number of comic columns for Maxim, Femina, DNA, Exotica and Tehelka.
Facts You Never Knew About Vir Das!
- Is Vir Das addicted to smoking?: No
- Is Vir Das alcoholic?: No
- He did his first stand-up performance for around 2 hours at Knox College US.
- Vir owns a bulldog, called Doctor Watson.
- His family settled from Nigeria to India right after an emergency on account of their fifth leader Murtala Mohammed’s murder.
- Since his infantile, Vir Das watched Bill Cosby’s album, which created his interest towards stand-ups.
- Right after his graduation in United States, he did a number of jobs like of a building painter, security guard; banquet bartender and dish washer in Chicago.
- Vir Das is a musician too, and is linked with a music band titled, Alien Chutney.
- He is married to Shivani Mathur.
- Vir Das is an Indian actor, comedian, and YouTube personality. Born in India, he spent his early years in Nigeria before moving to the US for his higher education.
- Vir Das began his career as a standup comedian in the comedy show ‘Brown Men Can’t Hump’ which debuted at the Knock Harbach Theatre. After his return to India, he started hosting and appearing in comedy shows such as the popular ‘The Great Indian Comedy Show’.
- Vir Das was born on 31st May 1979 in Dehradun, UP (Now in Uttarakhand). He was raised mostly in Africa and he studied at several places such as Lagos, Nigeria, Delhi and Shimla
- Vir Das moved to the US for his higher education and graduated from Knox College, Illinois with a degree in economics and theatre.
- Vir Das started doing standup comedy while he was still studying at Knox. His one-hour special, ‘Brown Men Can’t Hump’ which debuted at the Knox’s Harbach Theatre, earned a lot of appreciation.
- In 2009, he played a supporting role in the romantic film ‘Love Aaj Kal’. Directed by Imtiaz Ali, the film starred Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles.
Vir Das Education
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Economics and Theatre
School: Indian Language School, Lagos
Sanawar Boarding School, Solan
Delhi Public School, Delhi
College: Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi
Knox College, Galesburg, Illinois
Vir Das Gallery
Vir Das Career
Profession: Actor and Comedian
Debut TV Series/Movie: Film Debut: Namastey London (2007)
TV Debut : Ripping the Decade (2010)
Salary: Under review
Net Worth: USD $10.75 million approx.
Family & Relatives
Father: Not Known (Manager)
Mother: Madhur Das
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Shivani Mathur (Event Manager)
Children: Not known
Shivani Mathur (Event Manager)