Known ForAppointed as the member of Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, New Delhi
Full Name:Arnab Ranjan Goswami
Profession:Journalist, News Anchor
Age (as of 2019):46 years old
Date of Birth:9 October 1973
Birthplace:Guwahati, Assam, India
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 ft 11 inches (1.80 m)
Weight:75 kg (165 lbs)
Arnab Goswami is a renowned Indian television news anchor as well as a journalist. He is the majority owner and managing director of famous news channel Republic TV which he originated together with Rajeev Chandrasekhar, an active member of Rajya Sabha on behalf of BJP.
From 2006 to 2016, Arnab Goswami was chief editor as well as a news anchor of Indian news channel ET Now and Times Now, On Times Now; he anchored a live debate show titled The Newshour that broadcasted on Monday To Friday at 9 pm. He also co-hosted an exclusive TV program titled Frankly Speaking with Arnab. On 1st November 2016, Arnab Goswami resigned as Chief Editor of Times Now. His own news channel named Republic TV was launched on 6th May 2017.
In accordance with Financial Times, Arnab Goswami’s show “The Newshour” was India’s most-viewed political show in English-language, his depth of coverage, independence and “kangaroo court” news anchoring style had made him “one of India’s highly debated community figures”. His own media venture Republic television has been the most viewed news channel in India for 100 weeks since its inauguration. In the year 2019, Arnab Goswami’s channel was provisionally number two, whereas the public news channel DD India emerged as the most watched news channel in English language.
Arnab Goswami was born in Guwahati, Assam, India on 9th October 1973. He belongs to an Assamese Brahmin family. His parental grandfather named Rajani Kanta Goswami was a proficient lawyer, an independence activist and Bharatiya Jana Sangh leader. His maternal grandfather named Gaurisankar Bhattacharyya, was a Collectivist and leader of opposition in Assam for several years. He is the recipient of Asam Sahitya Sabha Award.
As son of an army officer, Arnab Goswami completed his schooling in numerous cities. He passed his 10th Standard examinations from St Mary’s School and his 12th Standard exams from Kendriya Vidyalaya Jabalpur. Arnab earned his bachelor’s degree with a major in Sociology from Hindu College Delhi University. In the year 1994, he completed his Master’s degree with a major in Social Anthropology from St. Antony’s College, where he was a Felix Researcher. In the year 2000, Arnab Goswami was a visitant D C Pavate Fellow at International Studies Department of Sidney Sussex College.
Facts You Never Knew About Arnab Goswami!
- Is Arnab Goswami addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is Arnab Goswami alcoholic?: Not Known
- Arnab’s grandfather named Rajani Kanta Goswami was a freedom fighter and judge who served Indian National Congress as a leader.
- Arnab’s uncle named Dinesh Goswami was a union law minister in Vishwanath Pratap Singh’s short-lived government.
- When Arnab was in 6th classes, he got immense fascination towards debate contests.
- Arnab belongs to a Bengali Brahmin family.
- In early 1990s, he initiated his career as a journalist with The Telegraph newspaper of Kolkata.
- In the year 1995, Arnab Goswami joined NDTV as a news anchor and he emerged as a news editor right rafter 3 years.
- Arnab Goswami also worked in Star News channel and DD Metro together with Rajdeep Sardesai.
Arnab Goswami Education
Qualification: Graduation in Sociology, Masters in Social Anthropology
School: • Mount St. Mary's School, Delhi Cantonment
• Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jabalpur Cantonment
College: • Hindu College, Delhi University, New Delhi
• Oxford University, England
Arnab Goswami Gallery
Arnab Goswami Career
Profession: Journalist, News Anchor
Known For: Appointed as the member of Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, New Delhi
Salary: 1 crore/month (INR)
Family & Relatives
Father: Manoranjan Goswami
Mother: Suprabha Goswami
Sister(s): 1 (Indian Defence Service)
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Pipi Goswami