NicknameHosting the talk show "We The People" on NDTV for 16 years
Full NameBarkha Dutt
Age (as of 2019)47 years old
Date of Birth18 December, 1971
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height5’ ft 4 inches (1.63 m)
Weight65 kg (143 lbs)
Body Measurements34-26-36 inches
Dress Size4 inches
Barkha Dutt is an uprising Indian journalist as well as an author predominantly associated with Tiranga TV. She was also the part of NDTV’s group for more than 21 years, till she abandoned the channel in 2017. Barkha Dutt appeared as a projecting figure right after her forefront conflict reporting on Kargil War between Pakistan and India in 1999. She has received a number of international and national awards, comprising off Padma Shri, India’s 4th top civilian honor. At NDTV, Barkha Dutt was the anchor of weekly, topnotch talk-shows such as “We The People” and “The Buck Stops Here”.
Barkha Dutt was born in New Delhi, India on December 18, 1971. She was born to Prabha Dutt, a renowned journalist with Hindustan Times and S. P. Dutt, an Air India official. She credits her editorial skills to her mom, an inventor amongst female journalists within India. Her youngest sister named Bahar Dutt is also a renowned TV journalist associated with CNN IBN.
Barkha Dutt earned her graduation degree from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi with a specialization in English literature. She earned her Master’s in Mass Communications degree from Jamia Millia Islamia Research Center, New Delhi. She initiated her career in journalism with NDTV and afterwards rose to lead English news section of the company. Barkha Dutt also earned a master’s degree with a major in journalism from Columbia University’s Graduation School of Journalism, New York backed by Inlaks Shivdasani Establishment scholarship. Her reporting on Kargil conflict, covering an interview by Captain Vikram Batra, brought her to utmost fame within India. Barkha Dutt has since enclosed conflicts in Pakistan, Kashmir, Iraq and Afghanistan.
For Mumbai attacks 2008, Barkha Dutt was accused for sensationalizing the whole events, setting lives at threat and triggering deaths thru identifying on live TV where the guests of hotel possibly located.
Barkha Dutt who was team editor of NDTV enthused towards the role of referring editor in 2015 and after 21 years’ time span, she finally left in 2017. She used to create columns for a number of international and national newspapers. At present, Barkha Dutt is a newscaster on Tiranga TV since the year 2019.
Facts You Never Knew About Barkha Dutt!
- Barkha Dutt is a famous Indian Journalist. She rose to utmost fame once she reported regarding Kargil War 1999. Right after Kargil War, she emerged as a household name all across India and her admiration started to grow.
- Barkha’s father named S. P. Dutt was an official in Air India and her mom named Prabha Dutt, was a recognized journalist with Hindustan Times.
- Her youngest sister named Bahar Dutt is also a renowned journalist at CNN IBN.
- In the year 1994, Barkha Dutt joined NDTV after finishing her college at her 21 years of age.
- She became renowned after reporting Kargil War 1999 comprising off an interview with Captain Vikram Batra.
- In the year 2015, Barkha was appointed as a Consulting Editor of NDTV.
- In the year 2017, she proclaimed on Twitter that she was quitting NDTV after 21 years of time span.
Barkha Dutt Education
Qualification: Graduate in English Literature from St. Stephens College, New Delhi, Masters in Mass Communication from Jamia Millia Islamia Research Center, New Delhi, Masters Degree in Journalism from Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism, New York
School: Modern School, New Delhi
College: • St. Stephen's College, New Delhi
• Jamia Millia Islamia Mass Communication Research Center, New Delhi
• Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism, New York
Barkha Dutt Gallery
Barkha Dutt Career
Family & Relatives
Father: S.P. Dutt (Air India Official)
Mother: Prabha Dutt (Journalist)
Sister(s): Bahar Dutt (Younger; Journalist)
Marital Status: Divorced