Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 8 inches (1.72 m)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
|Eye Color||dark brown|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Nickname||Bob Marley, Donald Marley|
|Full Name||Robert Nesta Marley|
|Date of Birth||February 6, 1945|
|Date of Death||May 11, 1981|
|Place of Death||Miami, Florida|
|Birthplace||Nine Mile, Saint Ann Parish, British Jamaica|
Bob Marley was a famous Jamaican singer as well as a songwriter who considered one of the inventers of reggae. He was born in Nine Mile, Jamaica on 6th February 6, 1945. Bob was born to Cedella Booker and Norval Marley. His father was a English descent Jamaican. His Mom was a black youngster. The couple intended to get married though Norval left Kingston prior this could happen and died in the year 1955, seeing his son only one time.
Bob Marley initiated his career with Wailers, a group he formed with Bunny Livingston and Peter Tosh. In February 1966, Bob Marley married to Rita Marley, and it was Rita who introduced him in front of Rastafarianism. By the year 1969 Tosh, Bob and Livingston had utterly embraced Rastafarianism, which critically influence Marley’s music in specific and on reggae music on the whole. The Wailers work together with Lee Scratch Perry, causing in a few of the Wailers’ best tracks like “Duppy Conquerer”, “Soul Rebel”, “Small Axe” and “400 Years”.
Blackwell instantly signed the Wailers and composed their first muscial album, “Catch a Fire”. This was pursued by “Burnin'”, covering tracks “I Shot the Sheriff” and as “Get Up Stand Up”. Eric Clapton’s cover of this song reached on top all across US. In the year 1974, Livingston and Tosh left the Wailers with the aim of starting solo careers. Bob Marley afterwards constituted the band titled “Bob Marley and Wailers”, with his beloved wife Rita as one of 3 backup musicians known as the I-Trees. This retro saw the release of a few groundbreaking music albums, like “Rastaman Vibration” and “Natty Dread”.
In the year 1977, Bob Marley consulted with a physician when a wound in his toe would not patch up. A number of tests spotted malignant melanoma. He declined to have his toe removed as his physician suggested, claiming it opposed his Rastafarian beliefs. In the year1980, Bob Marley was the only foreign artist to take part in Zimbabwe’s independence ceremony. It was the time of massive success for Bob Marley, and he initiated an American tour in order to reach blacks within US. The cancer spotted earlier had spread to his stomach, lungs and brain. On 11th May, 1981, Bob Marley died in Miami hospital. He was only 36 years old.
Bob Marley Education
|School||Stepney Primary and Junior High School|
Bob Marley's Photos Gallery
Bob Marley Career
Net Worth: $130 Million
Family & Relatives
Father: Norval Sinclair Marley
Mother: Cedella Booker
Sister(s): Constance Marley
: Rita Anderson Marley
Son(s): David Marley, Stephen Marley, Robert Marley, Rohan Anthony Marley, Julian Marley, Ky-Mani Marley, Damian Marley
Daughter(s): Imani Carole, Cedella Marley, Karen Marley, Madeka Marley
Facts You Never Knew About Bob Marley!
- Bob Marley’s music albums are in the course of digital premastering and are being released once again with added material like unused demos and alternate versions.
- His retrospectively released omnibus collection “Legend” is one of the top selling “greatest megahits” recorded by solo artist.
- Marley’s grandson named Zion David was born on 3rd August 1997.
- Marley’s granddaughter Selah Louise was born on 18th November 1998.
- Bob Marley was buried under a crypt at Nine Miles, adjacent to his birthplace, with Les Paul Guitar, a cannabis bud, a soccer ball and a Bible.
- In 1994, he inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.
- His song “One Love” has been utilized expansively for Jamaican tourism commercial ads.
- Bob was voted as eleventh Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Artist of all the time by Entertainment Weekly magazine.