Engin Akyürek was born on October 12, 1981, in Ankara, Turkey. Engin Akyurek is a popular Turkish actor who works in movies and TV shows. His father is a government administrative official and his mother is a homemaker. Akyürek graduated from the University of Ankara Department Of History in 2002, where he had expertise in Languages and History. His professional career in acting started after his participation in the 2004 talent ability show, Estrellas de Turquía ( Türkiye’nin Yıldızları ) where he was in lead position in the reality show and was given a role in the series Yabancı Damat.
In 2007, Engin Akyurek acts in the play “Romantika”, in which he plays the mainstream role “Ceto”. They occur in New York, United States. Engin Akyurek first film that makes a big appearance was Zeki Demirkubuz’s Kader (2006). For his portrayal of Cevat in this film, Engin Akyürek got the “Most Promising Actor” award for both the Turkish Cinema Awards] and for CASOD (Cagdas Sinema Oyuncuları Dernegi) Awards in 2006. From that point, Engin Akyurek starred in the role of Nizipli Halim in the TV series, Karayilan (TV), a story that occurred in Gaziantep(2007–2008), this story happened during the French Occupation and it had the second most elevated budget for TV Series in Turkey.
Akyürek played the male psychotic lover, Mustafa Bulut, in the TV series Bir Bulut Olsam, composed by Meral Okay and directed by Ulas Inanc. Also, he has played the male sentimental lead, Kerim Ilgaz, in Fatmagul’un Sucu Ne (2010–2012), a TV series about societal issues encompassing a rape victim. The original situation of Fatmagul’un Sucu Ne by Vedat Turkali, is composed by Ece Yorenc and Melek Gencoglu for TV Drama and produced by Kerem Catay.
Engin Akyurek has starred as Tekin in a film called Bi Küçük Eylül Meselesi “A Small September Affair” written and coordinated by Kerem Deren. The film happens in Bozcaada (2014). Engin Akyurek returned to the TV screens with Omer character in Kara Para Aşk TV series in 2014 for which he won the best actor in Seoul International Drama Awards (2015) and was nominated for the International Emmy Award in Best Actor category.
Stay tuned to know more about Engin Akyurek and his LifeStyle.
Read Also: Elcin Sangu and his LifeStyle.
|Engin Akyurek Bio Data|
|Full Name||Engin Akyürek|
|Nickname/Alternative Name||Engin Akyürek|
|Age (as of 2019)||37 years old|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1981|
|Engin Akyurek Academic Profile|
|Engin Akyurek HD Photos||
|Engin Akyurek Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
Yabanci damat (TV Series 2004), Kader (Film 2006)
Acting award, 2006, The Best series Actor, 2007
|Net Worth||$1 Million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Wife/Girlfriend||Cansu Dere (girlfriend)|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||160 lb|
|Weight in KG||73 kg|
|Height in Feet||6'2”|
|Height in Meter||1.87 m|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Engin Akyurek Social Media|
Bergüzar Korel ve Engin Akyürek Sosyal Medyadan Gelen Soruları Yanıtlıyor
Some Interesting Facts About Engin Akyurek
- In 2004, two years after graduating from university, Engin Akyürek participated in the “Turkiye’nin Yildizlari” (Turkey’s Star) TV competition. Engine ahead of everyone else wins in this competition landed him a supporting role in the TV series, Yabanci Damat (2004–2007), produced by Yagmur Taylan and Durul Taylan.
- Engin Akyurek attended the same indistinguishable university as political leader Abdullah Ocalan.
- He featured in the TV series Karayilan, which occurred during the French occupation of Turkey.
- Between 2010 and 2012, the actor played the role of Kerim Ilgaz in Turkish TV series Fatmagul’un Sucu Ne, for which he gained great notoriety reputation.
- Engin Akyurek is the victor of the Turkish Cinema Award for Most Promising Actor for his performance in his debut movie, 2006’s Kader.
- His family is from Tercan, Erzincan where there is Kurdish minority.
- He studied dialects and history at Ankara University, graduating in 2002.
- Akyurek portrayed as Omar Demir and played in the series Kara Para Aşk for which he won few honorary awards including the award for Best Actor at the “Seoul International Drama Awards 2015” and was also nominated for Best Actor at the International Emmy Awards
- Engin Akyurek devoted to literature, he writes articles for the magazine Kafasına Göre.