Profession:Actor, Producer, Playback Singer and Mimicry Artist
Age (as of 2019):41 years old
Date of Birth:31 August 1978
Birthplace:Thrippunithura, Kochi, India
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5' 7" (1.70 m)
Weight:70 Kg (165 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Favorite Food:Not Available
Jayasurya is an uprising Indian movie actor, playback singer, film producer and impressionist, who predominantly appear in Malayalam movie industry. He has starred in more than 100 movies.
Jayasurya initiated his career as a parody artist and hosted a number of television sitcoms aired on Malayalam TV channels. In the year 1999, He made his first acting debut as a background actor with the movie Pathram. Jayasurya’s major break-through was portraying a mute in the movie Oomappenninu Uriyadappayyan. In the year 2000, Jayasurya was renowned for his comic-concentrated characters in the movies Pulival Kalyanam, Swapnakkoodu, Chocolate, Gulumaal, Chathikkatha Chanthu and simultaneously the roles of Villian in the movies Arabikkatha, Kangaroo and Classmates. By the end of 2010, Jayasurya earned utmost fame for his roles, in movies like Janapriyan, Cocktail, Apothecary, Lukka Chuppi, Iyobinte Pusthakam, Captain and Su.. Su… Sudhi Vathmeekam. He was also renowned for comedy movies, like Amar Akbar Anthony, Punyalan Agarbattis, Aadu 2 and Aadu. He made his debut as a film producer by way of producing the movie Punyalan Agarbattis and is also accredited as a playback singer in a number of movies.
Jayasurya received Best Supporting Actor Award for his remarkable acting in Apothecary at 62nd Southern Filmfare Awards. In the year 2016, Jayasurya was bestowed with Special Jury Award at 46th Kerala State Filmfare Awards as well as the Special Mention at 63rd National Filmfare Awards for his incredible acting in the movies Lukka Chuppi and Su.. Su… Sudhi Vathmeekam. In the year 2019, he received Kerala State Filmfare Award for the Best Actor for Njan Marykutty and Captain together with Soubin Shahir.
Jayasurya was born in Thrippunithura, India on 31st August, 1978. He was born to Thankam and Mani. He completed his schooling from Government Sanskrit High School, Tripunithura and St. George U. P. School, Chambakkara. Jayasurya earned Bachelor of Commerce degree at Mar Ivanios College. After completing his studies, he enrolled for mimicry troupes such as Kottayam Nazir’s Cochin and Crown of Cochin Discovery. On 25th January 2004, he married to Saritha and the couple was blessed with two children.
Facts You Never Knew About Jayasurya!
- In his movie, Beautiful, Jayasurya portrayed the role of an individual with paraplegia, this role was very well acclaimed by critics and audiences alike, all were stating he has delivered the best performance till date, Jayasurya was one of the key contenders for the best actor nominations for numerous movies.
- Jayasurya revealed about how he happened to meet his wife named Saritha; he stated, several years back, her grandma spoke over the phone-in program. She also familiarized me to all members of Saritha’s family, by which we came closer to each other and ultimately decided to get married.
- Jayasurya lost above 10 Kgs for his movie Apothecary and audience and the critics enormously praised his depiction of the role.
- Jayasurya has received several honors like Kerala State Film Award, National Films Award, Asianet Film Award for Best Star Pair, Asianet Film Award for the Best Villain Role as well as IIFA Utsavam Award for the Best Performance under A Negative Role.
- Jayasurya has his own Channel on Youtube. Here you can have a look at short movies produced by him.
Qualification: Not Available
School: Not Available
College: Not Available
Profession: Actor, Producer, Playback Singer and Mimicry Artist
Debut TV Series/Movie: Pathram (1999)
Salary: Not Available
Net Worth: Not Available
Family & Relatives
Brother(s): Not Known
Sister(s): Not Known
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Saritha Jayasurya
Jayasurya is pretty active on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram