Full Name:Karan Thapar
Age:64 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:5 November 1955
Birthplace:Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 ft 7 inches (1.70 m)
Weight:70 kg (154 lbs)
Karan Thapar is a renowned Indian journalist as well as a TV commentator and interrogator primarily associated with Tiranga TV. He was working with CNN-IBN and anchored the shows titled The Last Word and The Devil’s Advocate. He was also working with India Today and anchored the shows titled Nothing But The Truth and To the Point.
Karan is the youngest son of previous Chief of Army Staff named Pran Nath Thapar and Bimla Thapar. The famous historian Romila Thapar is his first cousin.
Karan Thapar is an ex-student of The Stowe School and The Doon School in Dehradun. Whilst at Doon, Karan was the Chief Editor of a school magazine named The Doon School Weekly. In the year 1977, he earned his graduation degree with a specialization in Political Philosophy and Economics from Pembroke College, Cambridge. In the similar year, he was also emerged as the President of Cambridge Union. Karan Thapar afterwards obtained a Ph.D. degree from St Antony’s College, Oxford with a major in International Relations.
Karan Thapar initiated his journalism career with The Times in Nigeria and afterwards worked as their Chief Writer on Indian subcontinent till the year 1981. In the year 1982, Karan Thapar associated with London Weekend Television in UK wherein he employed for the next 10 years. In the year 1991, he once again moved towards India and worked with Home TV, United Television and The Hindustan Times Television Group prior establishing his own production house called Infotainment Television.
Presently, the head of Infotainment TV, Thapar is noticed for his hostile interviews with leading celebrities and politicians. Some of his most watched television shows are Tonight at 10, Eyewitness, Line of Fire, In Focus with Karan, The Last Word and War of Words Devil’s Advocate. In the year 2014, he abandoned CNN-IBN with the intention of joining India Today, wherein he hosted the show titled Nothing But The Truth and To the Point.
Facts You Never Knew About Karan Thapar!
- Is Karan Thapar addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is Karan Thapar alcoholic?: Not Known
- Karan’s father was the Chief of Army Staff of Indian Army.
- The illustrious historian, Romila Thapar, is his first cousin.
- He started his career in journalism field with The Times. He afterwards moved ahead to worked as their leading writer on Indian subcontinent prior moving down in the year 1981.
- In the year 1982, Karan Thapar afterwards joined London Weekend TV and associated with this channel for more than 10 years.
- In the year 1993, he settled in India and initiated to work with Home TV, The Hindustan Television Group and United Television.
- In the year 1995, Karan Thapar was awarded with Onida Pinnacle Award for the Best Current Affairs Anchor for the program titled The Chat Show.
- In 2001, he established his own production house called Infotainment Television which develops programs for Channel Asia News, BBC, CNBC and Doordarshan.
- Karan Thapar is recognized for his hostile style of interviewing with leading celebrities and politicians. A few of his most watched television shows are; Tonight at 10, Eyewitness, War of Words, Line of Fire, India Tonight and The Last Word.
Karan Thapar Education
Qualification: Bachelor's in Economics and Political Philosophy, Doctorate in International Relations
School: The Doon School
Stowe School, Stowe, Buckinghamshire
College: Pembroke College, Cambridge
St. Antony's College, Oxford
Karan Thapar Gallery
Karan Thapar Career
Net Worth: 0.5 Mil to 200 Mil
Family & Relatives
Marital Status: Widower
Niharika Ghai Wish Niharika Ghai Happy Birthday
Kenneth San Jose Wish Kenneth San Jose Happy Birthday
Lil Nas X Wish Lil Nas X Happy Birthday
Amruta Fadnavis Wish Amruta Fadnavis Happy Birthday
Morgan Obenreder Wish Morgan Obenreder Happy Birthday
Jaya Bachchan Wish Jaya Bachchan Happy Birthday