Full NameMeesha Shafi
ProfessionModel, Actress, Singer
Age (as of 2019)37 years old
Date of Birth01 December, 1981
BirthplaceLahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height5â€™ 6â€ (1.68 m)
Weight55 kg (121 lbs)
Favorite FoodNot Available
Favorite ColorNot Available
Meesha Shafi is a famous Pakistani model, actress and a singer. In 2013, she made her first film debut with his supporting role in Mira Nair’s movie “The Reluctant Fundamentalist”. In the recent year she performed in a Bollywood movie named “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag”. This movie ranked amongst the top-grossing Bollywood movies of the year 2013 all across India.
Meesha achieved her further success for her leading role of Laxmi. She also appeared in Bilal Lashari’s thrilling movie Waar. This movie ranked amongst the highest-grossing movies of all the time in Pakistan.
Meesha Shafi was born in Lahore, Pakistan on 1st December, 1981. She purely belongs to a Punjabi family and daughter of famous actress Saba Hameed and Pervaiz Shafi. Meesha did her O Levels from Lahore Grammar School and earned a degree with a specialization in Fine Arts from National College of Arts.
Meesha Shafi is bestowed to have such talented siblings. Her brother Faris Shafi is a well-known performing artist. Moreover, he is a rapper. Her younger brother is Ali Abbas. He is likewise television actor. Meesha has married to performer Mahmood Rahman in the year 2008.
Her husband is an extraordinarily assuredly understood rapper as well as guitarist. He has also performed with Atif Aslam and likewise worked with renowned band named “Over-burden”. Moreover, he has been the frontrunner of PAKMMA Fighting Coalition for a longer time span. Presently, he is working with famous band Noori. Meesha has two cutest children, one baby boy and one baby girl.
Meesha Shafi made her first on-screen debut with drama serial Muhabbat Khawab Ki Soorat aired on Hum TV. Afterward, she acted in Geo TV’s drama serial “Ye Zindagi To Woh Nahi” in the year 2007.
Meesha made her entrance in Hollywood with Mira Nair’s Hollywood movie, The Reluctant Fundamentalist, alongside Riz Ahmed and Kate Hudson. The movie demonstrates the worst impact of Americans towards Muslims after 9/11. Meesha played a modern-day, confident Pakistani singer. This movie received diversified reviews from viewers, and failed on the box office, though Meesha’s performance was too good.
Facts You Never Knew About Meesha Shafi!
- Meesha Shafi’s grandfather, Hamid Akhtar, was a newspaper columnist and a famous novelist. He was the leader of Progressive Writer’s Movement, a reformist literary campaign in British India. Moreover, he was also an Urdu newspapers editor, involving Nawa-e-Waqt and Imroz.
- Meesha belongs to a family which is associated with television world. Her Mom, Saba Hameed, is a well-known Pakistani Television actress.
- While in school, she keenly participated in numerous athletic activities. She was a great diver and had also won gold medal in swimming.
- Meesha appeared into the modeling world with her musical video “Bin Tere Kya Hai Jeena” featuring Fawad Ahmad.
- Meesha Shafi has appeared in many Pakistani Magazines as well as in international magazines, comprising Vogue and Officiel.
- In 2009, L’Oreal Paris Pakistan nominated her as their brand ambassador.
- Apart from Sprite, Meesha has appeared in a number of TV commercials including Fanta, Coca-Cola, Lipton Tea, Mobilink, LG Mobile.
- Meesha Shafi won the Best Show Stopper Award at Paper Awards 2013.
|Meesha Shafi Education|
|School||Toddler's Academy, Lahore
Lahore Grammar School
|College/University||National College of Arts, Lahore|
|Meesha Shafi Gallery|
|Meesha Shafi Career|
|Profession||Model, Actress, Singer|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Family & Relatives|
Mahmood Rehman (Musician)
|Father||Pervaiz Shafi Syed|
|Mother||Saba Hameed (Veteran Actress)|
|Brother(s)||Faris Shafi (Rapper, Actor), Ali Abbasb (Actor)|