Meryem Sarah Uzerli was born on 12 August 1983. Meryem is a Turkish-German actress and model who rose to noticeable prominence. Uzerli was raised up in Kassel, Germany. She made her acting career debut with minor parts in German productions. She later made appearances in the television series Notruf Hafenkante (2010) and Ein Fall für Zwei (2010).
Meryem’s father, Hüseyin, is Turkish and her mother Ursula, who is also an actress, is German, so she has a joint German-Turkish nationality. Her great grandma is from Croatia. She embraces and joins both diverse cultures, demonstrated by her two living arrangements in Berlin and Istanbul.
At the Freie Waldorf School in Kassel, her artistic creative potential was bolstered by numerous theater projects. From 2000 until 2003, Meryem studied acting at the Schauspiel Studio Frese in Hamburg.
Uzerli’s best-known acting is as Hürrem Sultan in the chronicled television drama series Muhteşem Yüzyıl, directed by the Taylan Brothers. In 2010, after an eight-month pursuit to find the best actress for this role, she was picked by Meral Okay, the series’ screenwriter, and Timur Savcı, the series’ producer. She lived in a hotel for two long years during the shooting of Muhteşem Yüzyıl.
She imparted the leading role with Halit Ergenç, Nebahat Çehre, and Okan Yalabık. Uzerli achieved more than 400 million fans weekly through her outstanding role in Muhteşem Yüzyıl, which was broadcast in excess of 60 countries. Within just two years, she got many awards for her extraordinary acting performance.
Meryem won the Golden Butterfly Award for Best Actress for this part in 2012. In 2013, she exited the series due to health reasons, a burnout. From episode 103, Vahide Perçin performed her part as Hürrem Sultan.
At the end of 2014, it was declared that Uzerli would return following a one-year hiatus with new management and a TV project venture, subsequent signing a contract with O3, the Turkish production company of MBC Group, one of the greatest TV centers of the Arab world.
To mark Uzerli’s comeback, Louis Vuitton and the Turkish version of Elle magazine devoted a 12-page fashion spread to the actress, photographed at memorable German landmarks including the Berliner Dom and Siegessäule. A big press conference with Uzerli was arranged in Dubai, where she would introduce her new project, but rather than organizing a signing ceremony for the contract in Dubai, Uzerli went to Istanbul with a small group of press individuals.
Notwithstanding to her career in television, Uzerli likewise appeared in a cinema movie in 2016, titled Annemin Yarası. The film was released in March 2016. Her co-stars include Ozan Güven, Okan Yalabık, and Belçim Bilgin.
Uzerli is also a model and has appeared in many of Elle, Marie Claire, InStyle, and Sunsilk’s advertisements.
Stay connected to know more about Meryem Uzerli and her LifeStyle.
Read Also: Ismail Ege Sasmaz and his LifeStyle.
|Meryem Uzerli Bio Data|
|Full Name||Meryem Sarah Uzerli|
|Nickname/Alternative Name||Hürrem Sultan|
|Age (as of 2019)||36 years old|
|Date of Birth||12 August, 1983|
|Current Residence||Istanbul, Berlin|
|Meryem Uzerli Academic Profile|
|Qualification||Studied at Schauspiel Studio Frese|
|School||Freie Waldorf School|
|College/University||Schauspiel Studio Frese|
|Meryem Uzerli HD Photos||
|Meryem Uzerli Career and Net Worth|
|Profession||Turkish-German TV actress and model|
|Known For||Playing the role of Hürrem Sultan|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Marital Status||Single, Bassel Alzaro|
|Sister||Canan (jazz musician)|
|Daughter(s)||Lara Jemine (from Can Ateş)|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||132 lbs|
|Weight in KG||60 kg|
|Height in Feet||5'6"|
|Height in Meter||1.73 m|
|Body Measurements||36-24-36 Inches|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8.5 (US)|
|Hair Color||Dyed Red|
|Meryem Uzerli Social Media|
Meryem Uzerli is pretty active on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Meryem Uzerli Shocking Transforamtion – Then & Now
Some Interesting Facts About Meryem Uzerli
- Uzerli is additionally known for her roles in German films like Journey of No Return (2010) and Jetzt aber Ballett (2010).
- At the end of 2010, she was picked by Meral Okay for her first driving role in the Turkish TV series Muhteşem Yüzyıl (2011–2013).
- In addition to her acting career, Uzerli has appeared in many advertising promoting films and is the essence of numerous brands. In 2012, she was picked as the Woman of the Year by GQ Turkey.
- Her local language is German, yet she is also fluent in Turkish and English.
- Meryem Uzerli has two elder brothers and an elder sister, Canan, who is a jazz musician.
- After leaving Turkey, Uzerli declared that she had broken up with her boyfriend, Can Ateş, after to learning that he had cheated on her. She said that she was pregnant and needed to give birth to her child, whose father was Ateş. On 10 February 2014, she gave birth to a young girl named Lara Jemine.
- At the end of 2014, Uzerli got an invitation from a rich family to an event in the Middle East, offering her 500,000 euros to attend a special dinner. She replied to them: “I don’t usually accept such invitations, but if you donate the money to three Turkish associations working for children in need, I will come.” The event’s hosts replied: “Then we will pay more money.” She attended this dinner in December 2014.
- Hürrem Sultan in the Turkish TV series Muhteşem Yüzyıl (2011–2013), for which she received basic critical acclaim and won numerous accolades, including a Golden Butterfly Award.
- About her selection as Hurrem Sultan, she said: “Until one day the phone rang, I was invited for a casting in Turkey, and then immediately I started living in Istanbul almost full time”
- In 2013, she exited the series due to health reasons, a burnout. From episode 103, Vahide Perçin accepting her part as Hürrem Sultan.