Mahendra Singh Dhoni, also known as M.S. Dhoni is a legendary Indian cricketer whose rise to utmost fame in early 21st century climaxed in his leadership of Indian cricket team that ultimately won one-day World Cup of 2011.
M.S. Dhoni was born in Ranchi, India on 7th July, 1981. In the year 2004, He made his international debut. His flair with the bat came to the frontage in a 148 runs innings against Pakistan in his 5th match. Within one year, M.S. Dhoni joined India Test Cricket team, where he rapidly esteemed himself with a century alongside Pakistan. In spite of his immaturity, In 2007, Dhoni elected for the captaincy of one-day side and ultimately led India to T20 world title. Series wins over Sri Lanka and Australia, amongst others, moved India to the apex of ICC Test rankings for the very first time in 2009. In 2008 and 2009, M.S Dhoni was esteemed for his play with Player of the Year Award. In the year 2011, one-day International World Cup, Dhoni’s dynamic innings of 91 not out—ahead of Mumbai home crowd—strengthen the path for India’s success over Sri Lanka in final. Dhoni also led India to an entrance in semifinals of Cricket World Cup 2015. In 2017, Dhoni stopped serving as an Indian a captain, having led India in 331 matches, the most for a leader in sport’s history.
In the year 2008, the eruption of T20 cricket on Indian subcontinent strengthened the path for the development of IPL (Indian Premier League). In opening season of league, Dhoni contracted with Chennai Super Kings in lieu of $1.5 million, which at that time was the biggest contract in IPL. He afterwards led the team to two successive titles. In 2016, The Super Kings franchise received a two-season postponement from IRL for its involvement in a match-fixing scandal, and M.S Dhoni afterwards joined Rising Pune Supergiant. In the year 2018, he one again returned back to Chennai Super Kings, and in the same year, the team won IPL championship. M.S Dhoni’s life was the substance of super hit Bollywood movie M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.
|MS Dhoni Bio Data|
|Full Name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Nickname/Alternative Name||MSD, MS, Mahi, Captain Cool|
|Age (as of 2019)||38 years old|
|Date of Birth||7 July 1981|
|Birthplace||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|MS Dhoni Academic Profile|
|School||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|College/University||St. Xaviers College, Ranchi|
|MS Dhoni HD Photos||
|MS Dhoni Career and Net Worth|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batsman & Wicket-keeper)|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
ODI- 23 December 2004 against Bangladesh at Chittagong
|Net Worth||$100 Million (600 Crore INR)|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Pan Singh (MECON employee; worked at Junior Management position|
|Brother(s)||Narendra Singh Dhoni (Elder)|
|Sister||Jayanti Gupta (Elder)|
riyanka Jha (died in 2002)
|Son(s)||4 July 2010|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||172 lbs|
|Weight in KG||78 kg|
|Height in Feet||5’ 9”|
|Height in Meter||1.75 m|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Biking and playing football|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar and Adam GilchristBowler : Glenn McGrath and Brett Lee|
|Favorite Actress||Lord's Cricket Ground , LondonMelbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne|
|Favorite Food||Angelina Jolie and Deepika Padukone|
|MS Dhoni Social Media|
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is pretty active on Instagram
Mahendra Singh Dhoni | The Untold Story | Biography
Some Interesting Facts About MS Dhoni
- MS Dhoni was born in a conformist Rajput caste of potentates.
- He secured 65% marks in his tenth Board examinations.
- In the year 1993, Dhoni was first speckled by KR Banerjee as a goalkeeper, the cricket trainer at his school, who afterwards asked him to try his luck in wicket-keeping.
- In the year 2002, once Dhoni was endeavoring hard for a place in India cricket team, he fell in love with a lady named Priyanka Jha. Though, tragically, Priyanka died in road accident, in the similar year.
- In the year 2003, legendary cricketer Sourav Ganguly contacted him to settle in Kolkata, though he rejected the offer and moved back to Bihar, wherein he joined to National Cricket Academy.
- In the year 2004, His life took a major turn when he got elected for India “A tour of Kenya and Zimbabwe”, where he performed extraordinarily well.
- On 23th December 2004, Dhoni was out for a duck on his One Day International debut against Bangladesh.
- Recently, the former skipper became the first Indian wicket-keeper to effect 400 One Day International dismissals.
- Team India were looking for someone to lead the team after Rahul Dravid in 2007, a person who could help the Men in Blue achieve the all glory in International cricket.
- The former skipper has nine centuries in his ODI career and two of those tons come from batting at No.7 position.
- Dhoni’s shot to fame was in the shortest format of the game as he has captained India in 70 T20I matches where he has won 41 of them. In second spot was Darren Sammy of West Indies with 27 wins.
- In T20Is, Dhoni was always known as the lethal finisher as his spot at No.7 has helped the former captain reach 1000 runs without scoring a half century.