Full Name:Fatima Rashid
Date of Birth:1 June 1929
Date of Death:3 May 1981
Place of Death:Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai
Birthplace:Calcutta (now Kolkata), British India
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 ft 4 inches (1.63 m)
Weight:128 lbs (58 kg)
Nargis also recognized by her real name Fatima Rashid was a renowned Indian movie actress, who appeared in classic Bollywood movies. Considered as one of the topmost actresses in Hindi cinema history, she made her first screen debut with a trivial role with the movie titled Talash-E-Haq though her career in acting actually initiated with the movie titled Tamanna.
In a career that crossed around three decades, Nargis starred in a number of commercially and critically acclaimed movies, numerous of which featured her opposite famous actor Raj Kapoor. Nargis was the youngest sister of renowned actor Anwar Hussain. Her most significant role was that of Radha in Academy Awards elected movie Mother India, a remarkable performance that earned her Filmfare Award for the Best Actress. Nargis would appear occasionally in movies all through 1960s. A few of her notable movies of this period comprise off Raat Aur Din for which she won inaugural National Filmfare Award for the Best Actress.
In the year 1958, Nargis married to renowned Bollywood actor Sunil Dutt. The couple was blessed with three children, involving the famous actor Sanjay Dutt. Together with her husband, Nargis instituted Ajanta Arts Culture Group which bound in numerous leading singers and actors of that time and also held some stage concerts at border areas.
Nargis passed away in the year1981 on account of pancreatic cancer, only three days prior her death, her son Sanjay Dutt made his first debut in Hindi cinema with the movie titled Rocky. In the year 1982, Nargis Dutt Memorial Cancer Institute was inaugurated in her memory.
Nargis was born in Kolkata, India on June 1, 1929. She was born as Fatima Rashid. Her father named Abdul Rashid, once Mohanchand Uttamchand was initially a well-off Mohyal Brahmin Hindu from Rawalpindi, Pakistan who afterwards converted to Islam religion. Her mom named Jaddanbai was a classical music singer and one of the initial inventers of Bollywood cinema. Nargis’ family afterwards settled in Allahabad. Nargis’s parental half-brother named Anwar Hussain was also a film actor.
Facts You Never Knew About Nargis !
- Is Nargis addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is Nargis alcoholic?: Not Known
- Nargis was born as Fatima Rashid in Calcutta, Bengal, India.
- Her father named Abdul Rashid a.k.a. Mohan Babu, was an affluent Punjabi Hindu), who afterwards converted to Islam religion. He was from Rawalpindi, Punjab, presently, a city in Pakistan.
- Her mom named Jaddanbai was a proficient classical singer and was reflected as one of the pioneers of Bollywood Cinema.
- Nargis always aspired to become a surgeon. Though, her mom exhilarated her to follow a career in acting and familiarized her to Indian movies culture.
- In the year 1958, Nargis left her career in acting after marrying to Sunil Dutt.
- She was bestowed with National Film Award for the Best Actress for her last movie titled Raat Aur Din. She emerged as the first Indian actress to receive this prestigious award.
- After working together with Raj Kapoor in the movie Shree 420, she had an elongated relationship with him and once he denied divorcing his wife, she ended that long relationship with him.
Qualification: Not Known
School: Not Known
Profession: Indian Actress
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film: Talash-E-Haq (1935, as a child artist)
- Taqdeer (1943, lead role)
Net Worth: Not Known
Family & Relatives
Father: Abdul Rashid alias Mohan Babu
Brother(s): Anwar Hussain
Sister(s): Not Known
Marital Status: Married (at the time of death)
Husband/Boyfriend: Raj Kapoor
Son(s): Sanjay Dutt
Daughter(s): Priya Dutt, Namrata Dutt
Hobbies: Doing Philanthropy, Dancing, Traveling, Listening to Music, Playing Golf
Favorite Actor: Raj Kapoor, Sunil Dutt