Full Name:Paresh Rawal
Profession:Actor, Producer, Politician
Age:70 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:30 May 1950
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m)
Weight:78 kg (172 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Paresh Rawal is a renowned Indian movie actor who has predominantly appeared in numerous Bollywood movies. His acting is notable in both villainous and comic roles. Paresh Rawal also had a substantial presence in Telugu cinema all through 90s. Throughout his career, he has received a number of awards and earned critical acclamation. Paresh has also stepped into the field of politics and presently employs as a BJP leader of Lok Sabha.
Paresh Rawal was born in Mumbai, India on 30th May 1950. He belongs to Mumbai’s Gujarati family. He was born to Dahyalal Rawal. Paresh is married to famous actress and Miss India participant named Swaroop Sampat and the couple has two Sons named Aniruddh Rawal and Aditya Rawal. He completed his college education from Narsee Monjee College of Economics & Commerce, Mumbai.
In the year 1985, Paresh Rawal initiated his filmy career with the movie Arjun. Though, it was “Naam” that released in the year 1986 that got him observed by both critics and the media. After this megahit blockbuster, Paresh Rawal was being considered as a popular actor. He afterwards got his roles in more than 100 movies in 1980s and 1990s, like King Uncle, Ram Lakhan, Daud, Baazi and many more.
In the year 1990, came the offbeat comic movie Andaz Apna Apna wherein Paresh Rawal was appeared in a double role. In the year 2000, came another megahit, wherein he gained immense admiration from critics and viewers for his character in Hera Pheri. Rawal’s acting was considered as the key reason for movie’s enormous success. Afterward, he appeared in numerous mainstream Hindi films. All through the 2000s, he portrayed leading roles in movies like Hulchul, Awara Paagal Deewana, Garam Masala, Deewane Huye Paagal, Malamaal Weekly; Golmaal: Fun Unlimited, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Bhagam Bhag, De Dana Dan, Welcome and numerous other. In the year 2012, Paresh Rawal won admiring appraisals for his role in megahit movie OMG – Oh My God! His upcoming projects comprises off Rajkumar Hirani’s Sanju. He would depict the role of fabulous actor Sunil Dutt.
Facts You Never Knew About Paresh Rawal!
- Is Paresh Rawal addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is Paresh Rawal alcoholic?: Not Known
- Paresh was born in Nagar Brahmin Family in Mumbai.
- In March 1974, after earning his graduation degree with a major in Commerce from Bombay University, he initiated doing Gujarati Theaters plays.
- Paresh Rawal first time debuted as a supporting actor in 1984’s movie Holi. Though, it was 1986’s megahit blockbuster Naam that earned him utmost fame.
- All through 1980s and 1990s, he starred in more than 100 movies, in many of them as the leading villain.
- Paresh became a prominent name after depicting the role of a kind-hearted and boisterous Marathi landlord in 2000’s superhit Hera Pheri.
- Paresh Rawal has also directed a number of television soaps like Zee TV’s Teen Bahuraaniyaan, Sahara One’s Main Aisi Kyun Hoon and Colors’s Laagi Tujhse Lagan.
- In the year 2014, he emerged as an active Member of Lok Sabha from Ahmedabad on Bharatiya Janata Party’s ticket.
- In the year 2014, Paresh Rawal was bestowed with Padma Shri award by Indian Government.
- Paresh Rawal studied in Narsee Manjee College in Vile Parle and being a theatre buff, used to frequent the Bhaidas auditorium situated near his alma mater.
- Paresh may have won his spurs as Annu Bhai in Arjun (1985) but he made his debut in a small role in Ketan Mehta’s Holi (1984).
- Paresh Rawal works in Bollywood, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam Film Industry.
- Paresh worked for some time at Bank Of Baroda before deciding banking wasn’t his forte.
Paresh Rawal Education
Qualification: Commerce Graduate from Bombay University in March 1974
School: Maharashtra SSC Board
College: Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Vile Parle, Mumbai, India
Paresh Rawal Gallery
Paresh Rawal Career
Profession: Actor, Producer, Politician
Debut TV Series/Movie: Film Debut: Holi (Hindi film, 1984)
TV Debut: Bante Bighadte (1984 – 1985 on Doordarshan)
Salary: Not Available
Net Worth: Not Available
Family & Relatives
Father: Dahyalal Rawal
Mother: Name Not Known
Brother(s): Name Not Known
Sister(s): Name Not Known
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Swaroop Sampat, Actress
Son(s): Aniruddh Rawal, Aditya Rawal
Daughter(s): Not Known
Paresh Rawal Favorites
Hobbies: Reading, Traveling, Listening to Music, Doing Yoga
Favorite Actress: Kajol
Favorite Color: Black
Lata Mangeshkar Wish Lata Mangeshkar Happy Birthday
Puri Jagannadh Wish Puri Jagannadh Happy Birthday
Ranjit Mallick Wish Ranjit Mallick Happy Birthday
Ranbir Kapoor Wish Ranbir Kapoor Happy Birthday