Rajkumar Hirani is a renowned Indian Film Director, Editor, Filmmaker and Screenwriter who is predominantly recognized for his work in Hindi movie industry. Rajkumar Hirani was born in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India on 20th November, 1962
He belongs to a Sindhi family of Nagpur. Rajkumar’s father named Suresh Hirani deals with a typographical typing establishment in Nagpur. Rajkumar Hirani was only 14 years old when his parents came to India during partition. He completed her schooling from St. Francis Desals High School, Nagpur. He completed his undergraduate degree with a major in commerce.
Rajkumar Hirani started supporting her father in business though he always desired to become an actor in Bollywood movies. Even though his parents desired him to become a chartered accountant, Rajkumar had more inclination towards acting and theater too. For accomplishing the dream of Rajkumar Hirani his parents sent him to a popular acting school in Mumbai. Though, he could not get completely immersed in that school’s environment and returned back his home only after a few days. After completing his graduation degree, he tackled a struggling period in Mumbai for several years to become an editor in Bollywood. Despite he did not get prospered. Afterwards he desired to get into the advertising domain where he gradually attained the success with the intention of reaching at Director of Commercial Advertising level.
Rajkumar Hirani’s mission of initiating his career in Bollywood was filled soon while Vidhu Chopra commended him to the work of the trailers and promos of the movie ‘1942: A Love Story’. As an editor, his first mega budgeted movie was ‘Mission Kashmir’ in the year 2000. As a film director his first movie titled Munna Bhai MBBS was released in the year 2003 and became a commercially hit movie around the world. The film hoarded good business in overseas as well as at domestic level. After the success of his movie, he gained involvement in the direction of super hit movies like Three Idiots, Lage Raho Munna Bhai and PK.
|Rajkumar Hirani Bio Data|
|Full Name||Rajkumar Hirani|
|Age (as of 2019)||56 years old|
|Date of Birth||20 November 1962|
|Birthplace||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Rajkumar Hirani Academic Profile|
|Qualification||Course in Editing|
|School||St. Francis De'Sales High School, Nagpur, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune|
|Rajkumar Hirani HD Photos||
|Rajkumar Hirani Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Family & Relatives|
|Wife/Girlfriend||Manjeet Hirani (Pilot in Air India)|
|Father||Suresh Hirani (Ran a typing institute in Nagpur)|
|Brother(s)||Sanjeev Hirani (Works as a computer consultant in the United States)|
|Sister||Anju Kishanchandani (Journalist)|
|Son(s)||Vir Hirani (Pursuing Film Direction)|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||161 lbs|
|Weight in KG||73 kg|
|Height in Feet||5’ 9”|
|Height in Meter||1.75 m|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Dilip Kumar, Sanjay Dutt, Aamir Khan, Boman Irani|
|Favorite Food||Not Available|
|Rajkumar Hirani Social Media|
Rajkumar Hirani is pretty active on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
The back-story of #KarHarMaidanFateh is as inspiring as the song! Watch how this song was made. http://bit.ly/MakingOfKarHarMaidanFateh #RanbirKapoor #Sanju @FoxStarHindi @vinodchoprafilms @tseries.official #RajkumarHiraniFilms @vickrammontrose @shreyaghoshal @sukhwindersinghofficial
Sanju: KAR HAR MAIDAAN FATEH Full Video Song | Ranbir Kapoor | Rajkumar Hirani
Some Interesting Facts About Rajkumar Hirani
- Rajkumar Hirani’s father, Suresh Hirani, migrated to India from Sindh all through the time of India-Pak partition. Suresh Hirani was only 14 years old at that point of time.
- His ultimate dream to become a film director continued with the biggest achievements of his next three movies, 3 Idiots, Lage Raho Munna Bhai and PK. Whilst 3 Idiots broke all standing overseas and domestic records at that point of time, PK became the top grossing earning an epic INR 500 Crore at Indian box-office.
- After completing his graduation, Rajkumar Hirani struggled for several years in Mumbai, with the intention of becoming an editor. Getting no success, he afterwards shifted towards the field of advertising, where he progressively recognized himself as a director of advertisements.
- Rajkumar Hirani has as many as eleven Filmfare Awards and four National Awards under his belt.
- As a big fan of theater and as a devoted brother, Rajkumar Hirani directed her sister’s first theater play titled Growing Up. This theater play revolves around the ramifications of puberty.