Full Name:Penelope Cruz Sanchez
Age (as of 2019):45 years old
Date of Birth:28 April 1974
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)
Weight:62 kg (137 lbs)
Body Measurements:35-27-35 inches
Dress Size:8 (US)
Hair Color:Dark Brown
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Penelope Cruz is a well-known Spanish actress as well as a model. Hired by an agent at 15 years of age, she made her first acting debut on television when she was only 16 years of age, and her movie debut the subsequent year in Jamón Jamón. Her following roles in the 1990s-2000s comprised Open Your Eyes, Belle Epoque, The Girl of Your Dreams, Woman on Top and The Hi-Lo Country. Penelope Cruz has achieved immense recognition for her leading roles in 2001 movies All the Pretty Horses, Vanilla Sky, Blow and Captain Corelli’s Mandolin.
Penelope has since starred in movies in a series of genres, with the comedy Waking Up in thriller Gothika, the Christmas film Noel, Reno, the adventurous movies Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Sahara, the quixotic comedy movie To Rome with Love, the mystery movie Murder on Orient Express and the crime drama The Counselor.
She was highly admired for her characters in Nine and Volver, recipient of Academy Award and Golden Globe and nominations for each. In the year 2008, Penelope Cruz was bestowed with Academy Award for the Best Supporting Actress for playing the role of a volatile painter Elena in Woody Allen’s Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
Penelope Cruz has modeled for Ralph Lauren, Mango, L’Oréal and Chanel, and together with her youngest sister Mónica Cruz, has designed apparel for Mango. Penelope has volunteered in India and Uganda, wherein she spent around a week working with Mother Teresa; Cruz donated her pay from The Hi-Lo Country with a view to help fund the late nun’s operation.
Penelope Cruz was born in Alcobendas, Spain on 28th April, 1974. She belongs to a working-class town of Madrid, Alcobendas, Spain, to Encarna Sánchez, a personal manager and a hairdresser, and Eduardo Cruz, a car mechanic and retailer. Penelope has two siblings named Eduardo, a singer and Mónica, an actress. She also has a parental half-sister named Salma. She was upraised as a Roman Catholic. Penelope Cruz grown up in Alcobendas, and spent elongated hours at her grand mom’s apartment.
At first, Cruz consternated on dance, having learnt classical ballet for more than nine years at National Conservatory in Spain. She took almost three years of Spanish ballet training as well as four years of theatre training at Cristina Rota’s school.
Facts You Never Knew About Penelope Cruz!
- Penelope Cruz became a pure vegetarian after filming All the Pretty Horses.
- It was supposed that she bestowed her whole The Hi-Lo Country salary to children’s sanctuary of Mother Teresa in Calcutta after spending one week there. This was afterwards denied by Cruz.
- Penelope Cruz is the daughter of Encarna Sánchez and Eduardo Cruz.
- She is the elder sister of Eduardo Cruz and Mónica Cruz.
- Cruz was in a romantic relationship with famous Hollywood actor Tom Cruise.
- She was named Penélope by Joan Manuel Serrat after her song “Penélope”.
- Presently, her younger sister Mónica Cruz is a television actress in Spain. She appeared in Un paso adelante as a youngest dancer with a popular aunt.
- Penelope Cruz was elected the seventh Sexiest Female Film Star in Australian Empire Magazine.
- She is best friends with famous actresses Salma Hayek and Goya Toledo.
- Cruz Ranked on 23 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women Around the World”.
- She loves to keep vagrant cats.
Penelope Cruz Education
Qualification: Spain's National Conservatory
Penelope Cruz Gallery
Penelope Cruz Career
Profession: Actress, model
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film: Jamón, jamón (1992)
- TV Show: Framed (1992)
Salary: Under review
Net Worth: $55 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Eduardo Cruz
Mother: Encarna Sanchez
Sister(s): Monica Cruz, Salma Cruz Moreno
Husband/Boyfriend: Javier Bardem (m. 2010)
Son(s): Leo Encinas Cruz
Daughter(s): Luna Encinas Cruz