Full Name:Pooja Bhatt
Profession:Actor, Producer, Director
Age:48 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:24th February 1972
Birthplace:Mumbai Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 5 inches (1.59 m)
Weight:68 kg ()
Body Measurements:38-36-39 inches
Dress Size:Not Known
Pooja Bhatt is a well-known Bollywood movie actress, director and producer. She was born on 24th February, 1972 in a Gujarati-speaking family. Her father’s name is Mahesh Bhatt, and her mother’s name was Loraine Bright. After marriage, her Mom Loraine changed her name to Kiran Bhatt. Mahesh Bhatt separated from Loraine and married again with Soni Razdan, a famous Indian actress in her own right.
Pooja Bhatt has two step-sisters named Shaheen and Alia; and a real brother named Rahul. Noted Film Director, Mohit Suri and Bollywood actor Emraan Hashmi are her cousins. Her grandfather, late Nanabhai Bhatt, and uncle, late Balwant Bhatt, both on paternal sides, were famous Bollywood movie directors.
Pooja made her first acting debut with her father’s own production ‘Daddy’ when she was only 16 years old. She shot into immense fame with the movie ‘Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin’, together with Aamir Khan. The movie, in combination with numerous of its songs, did outstandingly at Indian box office. Pooja Bhatt was also admired in ‘Sadak’ and ‘Zakhm’ movies. Her career in acting spanned from the year1989 through to year 2001. Pooja married her boyfriend, Munish Makhija, who is also recognized as Udham Singh, an owner of a restaurant in Goa as well as a host of Channel V.
Good-looking and slender Pooja Bhatt has launched her own film production company named ‘Pooja Bhatt Productions’ in the year 1996 and released the movie ‘Tamanna’ under its name. Unluckily, the movie didn’t perform well at Indian box office. Pooja Bhatt has also starred in a documentary movie titled ‘Sunset Bollywood ‘ wherein she talked about long ago heart-throb guy Rahul Roy.
Facts You Never Knew About Pooja Bhatt!
- Pooja’s megahit blockbuster movie “Dil Hai Ke Maanta Nahin”, was a re-creation of Hollywood film, It Happened One Night.
- She received a National Film Award for her Best Movie on other social concerns, for her movie Tamanna.
- Pooja Bhatt was also bestowed with Nargis Dutt Award, an exceptional category of National Film Awards, for her movie Zakhm.
- Pooja would have been an astronaut If not an actress.
- Pooja is close friends with Sharad Kapoor and loves to haunt with her gang of lads.
- She always prefers to use her actual name for different roles she plays in movies.
- Pooja Bhatt’s relationship with her fiancé Ranvir Shorey was somewhat abusive and she also mentioned that he beat her too.
- Apart from her producing, acting and directing on mega screen, she performed in a documentary film named Sunset Bollywood (2005), wherein she talks about Bollywood actor Rahul Roy.
- Pooja also did a nude photo-shoot with bronze dye on her whole body.
- She was offered the leading role in the megahit movie Aashiqui though she refused that role as her then boyfriend did not happy with it. Pooja was in love with her boyfriend when she was only 12 years old and started dating with him at age of16. When she was 17, she had done only two super hit movies, her boyfriend asked her to leave acting.
- Pooja’s uncles late Nanabhai Bhatt and late Balwant Bhatt were renowned Bollywood directors.
Pooja Bhatt Gallery
Pooja Bhatt Career
Profession: Actor, Producer, Director
Debut TV Series/Movie: Daddy – (1989)
Dil Hai ke Manta Nahin – (1991)
Salary: Under review
Net Worth: Under Review
Family & Relatives
Father: Mahesh Bhatt
Marital Status: Divorced
Husband/Boyfriend: Manish Makhija
Children: Not Known
Amit Trivedi Wish Amit Trivedi Happy Birthday
Shagun Pannu Wish Shagun Pannu Happy Birthday