Full Name:Rakhee Manjumdar
Age (as of 2019):72 years old
Date of Birth:15th August 1947
Birthplace:Ranaghat, West Bengal , India
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5.2 (1.57 m )
Hair Color:Salt & Pepper
Eye Color:Hazzle Green
Rakhee is a well-known Indian movie actress. She is a famous actress from 1967 to Present. Rakhee was born in Ranaghat, West Bengal, India on 15th August 1947 who has predominantly appeared in Bollywood movies, as well as in a number of Bengali films. Her complete name is Rakhee Gulzar though she is popularly recognized as Rakhee. She has won a number of awards from Bollywood film industry. She won a National Film Award and 3 Filmfare Awards. She has also been nominated 16 times. She performed in her first Bengali movie Badhu Baran in the year 1967, after that she was offered a leading role in her first Bollywood movie Jeevan Mrityu alongside Dharmendra in 1970.
Rakhee has won several awards From Bollywood Film Industry. In 1973, she won Filmfare Award for the Best Supporting Actress for the movie Daag – A Poem of Love. In 1976, she won Filmfare Award for the Best Actress for the movie Tapasya. Rakhee also won National Film Award for the Best supporting Actress for a Bengali movie titled “Shubho Mahurat” in the year 2003. In 1972, she got Filmfare Nomination as Best Actress for the movie Aankhon Aankhon Mein while in 2003; Rakhee has won Padma Shri Award for the Best Actress. She mostly worked in Bollywood, Bengali and Tamil Films Industry.
Heading towards personal life of Rakhee, her father had a successful shoe business in his inborn village situated in East Bengal, prior India’s partition, and after that he settled in West Bengal. Rakhee married to a Bengali film director/ journalist named Ajay Biswas, which ended up very shortly. After that, Rakhee again married to a filmmaker, lyricist and poet named Gulzar in the year 1973. The couple has a daughter named Meghna. They got separated when their daughter was only a year old. Rakhee’s daughter went on to become a filmmaker with a number of movies include Dus Kahaniyaan and Filhaal Just Married.
Rakhee worked in a number of super megahit movies including Daag: A Poem of Love, Heera Panna, Hamare Tumhare, Shriman Shrimati, Taaqat and Aanchal. She esteems her performances in the movies Blackmail, Tapasya and Aanchal to be her stunning performances. She performed with Dev Anand in Heera Panna, Joshila, Lootmaar and Banarasi Babu.
Facts You Never Knew About Rakhee Gulzar !
- Rakhee was born only a few hours after India’s independence was affirmed.
- She had a marriage with filmmaker Ajay Biswas. Though the couple got divorced.
- She was born in a Bengali family in Nadia district of West Bengal.
- She has appeared in more than 90 films in her career.
- She also performed in a number of Bengali Movies.
- Rakhee is the only actress to perform as a leading heroine along with the Mom of Amitabh Bachchan.
- In the year1967, when she was only 20 years old, she acted in her first Bengali movie titled Badhu Baran.
- She is massively recognized as Rakhee Gulzar or simply Rakhee.
- She won National Film Award 2003 for the Best Supporting Actress for Bengali movie Shubho.
- Rakhee is considered amongst the most renowned top paid actresses of Bollywood.
Rakhee Gulzar Education
Qualification: High School Graduate
Rakhee Gulzar Gallery
Rakhee Gulzar Career
Known For: Acting
Debut TV Series/Movie:
Family & Relatives
Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
Brother(s): Not Known
Sister(s): Not Known
Marital Status: Married
Husband/Boyfriend: Not Known
Daughter(s): Meghna Gulzar