His Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 8 inches (1.74 m)|
|Weight||78 kg (172 lbs)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Nickname||RJD, Bob, Bob Downey|
|Age||58 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1965|
|Full Name||Robert John Downey Jr.|
|Birthplace||Manhattan, New York, U.S|
Robert Downey Jr. is a famous American actor considered amongst the Hollywood’s most versatile and gifted actors. He was born in Manhattan, New York, United States on 4th April, 1965. Robert was raised in an ingenious family in New York’s Greenwich Village; his father was a renowned underground film producer who gave 5 years old Robert his debut part.
After dropping out of high school in California, Robert Downey Jr. returned back to New York with the intention of pursuing his career in acting. He has appeared in a number of supporting roles in different movies, including Weird Science, Led to a Stint on television comic sketch sitcom Saturday Night Live. With his raffish charm and boyish looks, Robert Downey Jr. afterwards scored the lead in quixotic comedy The Pick-up Artist and appeared further with his intuitive role as a narcotic addict in Less Than Zero.
Consistent work followed, though much of it went overlooked till Robert’s entry in 1992 as the leading role in Richard Attenborough’s Chaplin documentary film, which received him immense acclaims as well as an Academy Award nominee for the best actor. By that time, though, Robert Downey Jr. had established a constituent-abuse problem, and, in spite of inspiring turns in movies ranged from ferocious media sarcasm Natural Born Killers to attire drama Restoration, his repeated combats with law and his fight with drug addiction frequently outshined his on-screen accomplishments.
In the year 2000, after being established an earlier release, Robert was featured in a recurrent character on television series titled Ally McBeal, and he received a Golden Globe Award for his performance in the show. His drug addiction problems sustained, though, and he was arrested a number of times. In the year 2003, Downey appeared to turn his career and life around, and he pushed himself into his work, starring in more than13 movies over the next 5 years, comprising off Good Night and Good Luck, The Singing Detective, Zodiac and A Scanner Darkly.
Having arisen, somewhat astonishingly, as one of most-bankable superstars in Hollywood, Robert Downey Jr. was featured as a fearful father to be in a road-trip comic show Due Date. He appeared in a supporting role in “Chef”, prior playing the role of a lawyer guarding his father, who is suspected of vehicular killing, in The Judge. He repeated his role of Tony Stark in the sequels of Iron Man, The Avengers’s sequels, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Captain America: Civil War.
Robert Downey Jr. Education
School: Santa Monica High School (Dropped out)
Robert Downey Jr. Career
Known For: Chaplin, Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes
|Film – Pound (1970)
TV -Saturday Night Live (SNL)
Album – The Futurist
Family & Relatives
Father: Robert Downey Sr.(Actor)
Mother: Elsie Ann (Actres)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Susan Downey
No. of Children: 3
Son: Indio, Exton
- Jennifer Jason Leigh
- Sarah Jessica Parker(1984-1991)
- Winona Ryder (1988, RUMOR)
- Deborah Falconer (1992-2001)
- Marisa Tomei (1994)
- Calista Flockhart (2000, RUMOR)
- Susan Downey (2003-present)
Facts You Never Knew About Robert Downey Jr.
- Once Downey parents got separated, he settled in California with his father though afterwards expelled out of high school and headed towards New York City with the intention of pursuing his full-time acting.
- Downey initiated his career with Broadway challenge and tried numerous parts, which did not fit out in his favor; and for the play the knockers named him worst in all the cast.
- Robert Downey Jr. was admired for his character of an affluent drug addict in the movie Less Than Zero.
- He was in topped Forbes list for the top-paid actors making more than $80 million in 2014-2015.
- In the year 1992, Robert played the leading role in the film Chaplin, which garnered him a nominee in BAFTA Award and Academy Awards for the Best Actor.
Who is Robert Downey Jr.?
Robert Downey Jr. is an American actor, born on 04 April, 1965 in Manhattan, New York, U.S.
How old is Robert Downey Jr.?
Robert Downey Jr. is 58 years old as of December 2023.
How tall is Robert Downey Jr.?
Robert Downey Jr. is 5 feet 8 inches (1.74 m).