|32 years old (in 2024)
|Date of Birth
|1 July, 1991
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|5 feet 8 inches (1.75 m)
|54 kg (119 lbs)
|Playing volleyball and basketball
Serenay Sarıkaya is a Turkish actress and model. She was born on 1 July 1991 in Ankara to Seyhan Umran and Mustafa Sarikaya. She lived with her family in Antalya till the age of 7 when her parents separated. After her dad’s remarried, she moved to Istanbul with her mother. Sarıkaya later studied at Antalya Saime Salih Konca High School and in spite of the fact that she studid in college, she hasn’t gotten any degree yet. Amid her youth, Sarıkaya settled to be a model.
In 2006, she received a speical prize from the jury at the European Youth Beauty Competition held in the Czech Republic, she had a role in the movie Şaşkın (as Itır), which was directed by Şahin Alpaslan. In 2008, she acted in an advertising movie for Turkcell and after that acted in her second film Plajda produced by Sinan Çetin and directed by Murat Şeker. She played the character Aslı in this movie. She was then mentored by Çetin for her first leading role in a TV series titled Peri Masalı directed by Celal Çimen.
In 2008, Sarıkaya started to participate in the TV series Adanalı which was made by Tayfun Güneyer and directed by Adnan Güler. The starring cast included Oktay Kaynarca, Mehmet Akif Alakurt, and Selin Demiratar. She assumed the job of Oktay Kaynarca’s Greek-Turkish little girl named Sofia and got basic acclaim for blend Greek-Adana accent. She took part in the national beauty contest of Miss Turkey on 1 April 2010, representing the National Capital, Ankara. She was placed as the first runner-up to the eventual winner, Gizem Memiç, and earned the privilege to represent Turkey on the Miss Universe contest.
Serenay Sarıkaya left the cast of Adanalı in its second season and rather began to act in another TV series titled Lale Devri created by Şükrü Avşar and directed by Murat Düzgünoğlu. She depicted the character of Yeşim Taşkıran. Her co-stars included Tolgahan Sayışman and Hatice Aslan. She sang a song in a scene of this series that gained her some traction and received offers for making a album. Sarıkaya said that she had found her ability in music with the guidance of her friend and was prepared to improve her vocals.
Serenay starred in a short film in 2011 titled Hoşçakal. In 2012, she chose to leave the TV series because of her contract, so she left in the third season. She received good limelight for her role in Lale Devri (2010– 12) and Medcezir and got basic approval and won various awards, including two Golden Butterfly Awards. She proceeded with her career as an actress with a role in Behzat Ç. Ankara Yanıyor (2013).
Notwithstanding her acting career, Sarıkaya has shown up in many promoting films and is the advertising of various brands. In 2014, she was selected as the Woman of the Year by GQ Turkey.
Serenay Sarıkaya Education
School: Antalya Saime Salih Konca High School
Serenay Sarıkaya Career
Profession: Actress, Model
Known For: Famous for starring in Lale Devri tv show
Debut: Şaşkın (2006)
TV Show: Peri Masalı (2008)
Net Worth: $5 Million Approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Mustafa Sarıkaya
Mother: Ümran Sarıkaya
Marital Status: Single
Facts You Never Knew About Serenay Sarıkaya
- Serenay Sarikaya loves to play volleyball and basketball. She also pursues tennis and Latin dance.
- At the age of 15, Sarıkaya took part in the European Junior Beauty Contest held in the Czech Republic and got a special prize from the judges.
- She dropped from the Miss Universe contest to focus better on her acting career and Gizem Memiç had her spot.
- In a meeting, she was offered to record an album on which she answered: “The offers are correct. Fees aren’t bad. But I’m not going to sing. My job is acting”.
- For the promotion of 2015 spring-summer collection of the Mavi Jeans, Sarıkaya went before the camera with Kerem Bürsin. Sarıkaya and Bürsin’s joint singing in the ads got a positive reaction from the audience.
- In 2017–18, she played the role Duru in the series Fi that is based on the book of the same name.
- Serenay Sarikaya also appeared in another advertising film for the brand Thor directed by an Icelander. She became the brand ambassador of Mavi Jeans and signed a two-year contract. For the promotion of the spring-summer collection of this brand, Sarıkaya shot commercials alongside the celebrated Brazilian model Francisco Lachowski.
- Sarıkaya with Çağatay Ulusoy acted in the series Medcezir which is based on the first American series The O.C. The situation was composed by Ece Yörenç and the series was directed by Ali Bilgin. Sarıkaya’s character Mira Beylice was an adjustment from one of the first series’ characters, Marissa Cooper.
- In 2014, she showed up in an advertising film for Elidor alongside her Medcezir co-star, Hazar Ergüçlü.
- Serenay Sarikaya featured in the TV series Limon Ağacı close by Kaan Urgancıoğlu. It was again produced by Sinan Çetin and directed by Deniz Ergun. After the tenth episode, Sarıkaya’s character Peri was expelled from the storyline.
Who is Serenay Sarıkaya?
Serenay Sarıkaya is a Turkish actress, model, born on 01 July, 1991 in Ankara, Turkey.
How old is Serenay Sarıkaya?
Serenay Sarıkaya is 32 years old as of February 2024.
How tall is Serenay Sarıkaya?
Serenay Sarıkaya is 5 feet 8 inches (1.75 m).