Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5’ 10” (1.78 m)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
Sharman Joshi is a talented Indian movie and theatre actor who has worked and directed stage productions in Hindi, English, Gujarati and Marathi languages, though is commonly recognized for his remarkable acting in Hindi movies. Sharman Joshi made his first acting debut with the movie. He also made his debut as a co-actor in Hindi movie Style; that was trailed by supporting roles in megahit movies such as Golmaal, Rang De Basanti, 3 Idiots, Life in a Metro, Hate Story 3, Ferrari Ki Sawaari, and 1920 London. Sharman has played his leading roles in the movies 3 Storeys and Kaashi in Search of Ganga. He is massively recognized for his role as Raju in the megahit movie 3 idiots.
Sharman Joshi was born in Mumbai, India on 28th April 1979. He belongs to a Gujarati family of performing artists and actors. His father named Arvind Joshi is a past master of Gujarati theatre, whereas his aunt Sarita Joshi performed in Gujarati and Marathi theatre. His sister named Manasi Joshi Roy is an actress and brother-in-law Rohit Roy is also an actor. Sharman Joshi is married to Prerana Chopra, daughter of a legendary villain Prem Chopra. The couple has a cute little daughter named Khyana who was born in October 2005, and twin boys named Vihaan and Vaaryan, born in 2009.
Sharman Joshi has appeared in a number of theatre performances. He also starred as a deaf role in Gujarati style of popular theater play “All the Best”, which did more than 550 shows within 3 years. Sharman Joshi made his first acting debut in 1999 art movie, Godmother. This was trailed by the movie “Style” as well as its sequel Xcuse Me and other comedy movies like Shaadi No. 1.
In the year 2006, Sharman Joshi appeared in Rang De Basanti. Far along that year he appeared in a full of comedy movie Golmaal. In 2007, Sharman starred in Life in a Metro, Raqeeb and Dhol. In 2008, Joshi played his leading role in the movie “Sorry Bhai” along with one of 3 leading roles in 2009 movie 3 Idiots. Sharman Joshi also played the leading role of a cop in an erotic-thrilling movie Wajah Tum Ho. In the year 2009, he hosted a renowned game show aired on Real TV titled PokerFace – Dil Sachcha Chehra Jhootha. Sharman Joshi has been bestowed with life membership of International Movie and TV Club of Asian Academy of Television & Film.
Check out exclusive ➡facts about Sharman Joshi.
Sharman Joshi Career
Net Worth: $15 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Arvind Joshi (Theatre Actor)
Mother: Not Known
Sister: Manasi Joshi Roy (Actress)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Prerana Chopra
Son: Varryan and Vihaan
Sharman Joshi Favorites
Hobbies: Travelling, watching movies, reading and playing sports
Favorite Actor: Aamir Khan
Favorite Food: Grilled Club Sandwich
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Sharman Joshi
- Sharman Joshi is an Indian actor who works exclusively for Bollywood projects. He has also worked on Marathi and Gujarati movies. He made his acting debut in Godmother (1999).
- Sharman Joshi’s entire family belongs to actors and theatre artists. is father, Arvind Joshi is a veteran of Gujarati theatre, and his aunt Sarita Joshi (Bhosle),
- Sharman tied knot with Prerana Chopra and has a daughter and twin boys .
- Sharman did role of a deaf character in the famous play ‘All the Best’ and that ran over 550 shows in three years
- Sharman made his debut as a co-lead actor in the Hindi film Style (2001), this was followed by supporting roles in blockbusters like, Rang De Basanti (2006), Golmaal (2006).
- Sharman Joshi is an Indian Film and Theatre Actor. He was born on 28 April 1979 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Sharman instigated his acting in theater plays by doing the character of a deaf in Gujarati version of “All the Best:
- He has appeared in a number of ad commercials for Kara Skin Wipes, 7 Up, Perk, Nokia, Airtel and also hosted a Television show called Poker Face.
- Sharman Joshi considers Mahendra Joshi as his counselor for mentoring him the craft of acting.
- For his role in the Hindi movie Ferrari Ki Sawaari, he gave his audition around times
- Sharman Joshi’s sister Mansi Joshi is married to popular Television actor Rohit Roy.
- Sharman’s father Arvind Joshi played a bit role in 1975s megahit blockbuster Sholay.
- He has won 2 Filmfare Awards and one IIFA Award.