Full NameSidharth Malhotra
ProfessionActor and Model
Age (as of 2019)34 years old
Date of Birth16 January, 1985
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height6’ 1” (1.85 m)
Weight80 kg (176 lbs)
HobbiesGymming and drawing cartoons
Favorite FoodJalebi, hot chocolate fudge, sushi, biryani and chicken roll munch
Sidharth Malhotra is an uprising actor of Bollywood film industry who rose to utmost fame with his leading role in 2012 Hindi movie, ‘Student of the Year’. An enormously artistic young man with dashing physique and looks, initiating out as a model, Sidharth Malhotra soon grew exhausted of the fashion industry and set out to emerge as an actor. Sidharth was born in Delhi, Indian on 16th January, 1985 to Sunil Malhotra and Rimma Malhotra. His father was a captain in Merchant Navy whereas his Mom is a housewife. Sidharth Malhotra completed his schooling from Birla Vidya Niketan and Don Bosco School. He afterwards joined Shaheed Bhagat Singh College for graduation.
Sidharth Malhotra major breakthrough started with 2012 megahit movie, ‘Student of the Year’, opposite star kids Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan. Representing the role of Abhimanyu Singh in this movie, Malhotra’s performance earned him critical acclamation.
Sidharth Malhotra was afterwards appeared alongside Adah Sharma and Parineeti Chopra in 2014 comedy romantic movie ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’. Although the movie fared reasonably well at Indian box office, his acting was massively appreciated.
In 2014, Malhotra’s next release was the romantic thrilling movie, ‘Ek Villain’, alongside Riteish Deshmukh and Shraddha Kapoor. His good fortune in movies somewhat dropped in the year 2015 as his movie ‘Brothers’ bombed at Indian box office. The movie includes Jacqueline Fernandez, Akshay Kumar and Jackie Shroff in leading roles. It was severely criticized and received bad reviews from critics.
Sidharth Malhotra once again turned the tables with his next megahit movie, ‘Kapoor & Sons. His 2016 movie, ‘Baar Baar Dekho’, alongside Katrina Kaif was a super dud. It failed to influence the viewers. His subsequent release, ‘A Gentleman’ also failed at box office.
In the year 2017, Malhotra starred in the recreation of 1969 enigmatic film, ‘Ittefaq’, alongside Sonakshi Sinha. The movie was critically admired though failed to bring viewers to movies. Sidharth Malhotra is presently filming for two big projects, covering a comic film, ‘Jabariya Jodi,’ alongside Parineeti Chopra and the thrilling ones, ‘Marjaavaan’ alongside Rakul Preet Singh. Both movies are scheduled to release in 2019.
Facts You Never Knew About Sidharth Malhotra!
- Sidharth Malhotra has been fascinated about drama and frequently participated in drama shows and dancing competitions in his childhood.
- His parents desired him to become an electrical engineer, though he had zero interest in studies, rather, he was persuaded towards sports.
- Sidharth Malhotra used to play rugby game for a sports club in Delhi.
- He is extremely addicted to hot chocolate that he always used to take some money from his grandma by telling a story that he wanted it for something and always used to spend it on chocolates.
- Sidharth was a big fan of legendry Shah Rukh Khan’s haircut that he used to wander around with that haircut in his school.
- He made a dynamic entry into Bollywood film industry with his debut movie Student of the Year.
- hroughout the shoot of the movie, he dated a South African girl.
- For the movie Brothers, he gained approx. 10 kg of weight to match the body structure of Akshay Kumar, not only this; he also used to bath with icy cold water.
- Sidharth Malhotra was supposed to make his Bollywood debut opposite to Priyanka Chopra in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Fashion, which was much ahead of Karan Johar’s Student of the Year. However, due to his contract with Gladrags, he couldn’t take up the project.
- Sidharth was only 16 when he was approached by a casting agent in a café. In 2007, he became second runners-up at the Gladrags mega—model and Manhunt pageant. He also got the subtitle of ‘Mr. Internet Popularity’ and also with the title of ‘Mr. Photogenic’.
- Sidharth Malhotra, who started off his Bollywood journey with Karan Johar’s Student of the Year, has turned a year older today.
- Sidharth Malhotra is all set to impress us with his upcoming film Aiyaary.
- Sidharth Malhotra played a role in Sagar Pictures’ Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan which aired on Star Plus’ from 2006 to 2009.
- Sidharth is also a gadget freak. He loves mobiles phones, I pod, music players, laptops and computers and owns a lot of gadgets. He loves listening to music too.
|Sidharth Malhotra Education|
|School||Don Bosco School, Delhi
Navy Children School, Delhi
|College/University||Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi|
|Sidharth Malhotra Gallery|
|Sidharth Malhotra Career|
|Profession||Actor and Model|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
Film Debut: Student of the Year (2012)
|Salary||3-5 Crores/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Sunil Malhotra (former employee in Merchant Navy)|
|Mother||Rimma Malhotra (Housewife)|
|Brother(s)||Harshad Malhotra (Elder, banker)|
Alia Bhatt (Actor)