Shreya Ghoshal was born on 12 March 1984 to a Bengali Hindu family in Baharampur, Murshidabad region, West Bengal. She is an Indian playback singer. She experienced childhood in Rawatbhata, a small residential town near Kota, Rajasthan.
Her father, Bishwajit Ghoshal is an electrical engineer and works for the Nuclear Power Corporation of India, and her mother, Sarmistha Ghoshal, is a literature post-graduate. Shreya Ghoshal finished her schooling up to eighth grade at the Atomic Energy Central School in Rawatbhata.
She withdrew from the junior college and enlisted at the SIES College of Arts, Science, and Commerce in Mumbai, where she took up arts and English as her major. She has gotten four National Film Awards, six Filmfare Awards including five for Best Female Playback Singer, nine Filmfare Awards South, three Kerala State Film Awards, two Tamil Nadu State Film Awards, and numerous different awards.
Ghoshal aspired to become a playback singer since the beginning. At the age of four, she began learning music. At the age of six, she started her formal training in classical music school. At the age of sixteen, she was seen by film-maker Sanjay Leela Bhansali when she entered and won the television singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.
Following that, she made her Bollywood playback singing debut with Bhansali’s romantic and sentimental drama Devdas (2002) for which she got a National Film Award, a Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer and a Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent.
Her first studio album collection was Bendhechhi Beena, which was released on 1 January 1998, with 14 tracks. Some of her prior albums are O Tota Pakhi Re, Ekti Katha (1999), and Mukhor Porag (2000). Ghoshal recorded Bengali studio album Rupasi Raate (2002).
Ghoshal was presented with her second National Film Award for her interpretation of “Dheere Jalna” in Paheli. In 2012, Ghoshal rendered her voice for the prominent item song, “Chikni Chameli” from film Agneepath. The song was formed by Ajay-Atul and was a remake of their own Marathi song “Kombdi Palali” from movie Jatra.
At the poll survey conducted by Indiatimes, the song Saanswon the title of “Most Romantic Song of the year 2012”. The song earned Ghoshal second of her two Filmfare nominations of the year. Ghoshal got two Filmfare nominations for songs “Sunn Raha Hai” and “Nagada Sang Dhol” that year.
She sang the duet “Manwa Laage” with Arijit Singh for movie Happy New Year created by Vishal-Shekhar duo and written by Irshad Kamil. After its release, “Manwa Laage” crossed one million perspective views within 21 hours and two million views in 48 hours on YouTube worldwide. Ghoshal got another nomination at Filmfare Awards for the song.
Shriya Goshal went to Australia and New Zealand and gave performances at the Brisbane Convention Center, Dallas Brooks Center in Melbourne, the Sydney Opera House, and Vodafone Events Centre in Auckland.
In 2016, Ghoshal performed a philanthropy occasion to support a 17 years old patient of Acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Around the same year, Ghoshal performed her concert in Sydney Olympic Park. In 2017, she performed concert shows in the US with a forty member live Symphony band at the Fox Theatre in Detroit.
Stay connected to find out more about Shreya Goshal and her LifeStyle.
Read Also: Sonu Nigam and his LifeStyle
|Shreya Ghoshal Bio Data||Description|
|Full Name||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Age (as of 2019)||35 years old|
|Date of Birth||12 March 1984|
|Birthplace||Murshidabad, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Murshidabad, West Bengal|
|Shreya Ghoshal Academic Profile|
|School||Atomic Energy Central School No.4, Rawatbhata|
|Shreya Ghoshal HD Photos|
|Shreya Ghoshal Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
Singing: Yen Chellam (Tamil, 2002)
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Bishwajit Ghoshal (Electrical Engineer)|
|Mother||Sarmistha Ghoshal (Literature post-graduate)|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Height in Feet||5'3"|
|Height in Meter||1.6 m|
|Shoe Size||8 Inches|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Guru Dutt|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Waheeda Rehman|
|Favorite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Geeta Dutt, Beyonce, Norah Jones|
|Favorite Food||Chelab, Rasmalai|
|Shreya Ghoshal Social Media|
Some Interesting Facts About Shreya Ghoshal
- She has recorded songs for film music and albums in different Indian languages and has built up herself as a leading playback artist of Indian cinema.
- Apart from playback singing, Ghoshal has shown up as a judge on several television reality shows and she also appears in music video recordings.
- In 1995, Shreya won the All India Light Vocal Music Competition, New Delhi, organized by Sangam Kala Group, in the Light Vocal gathering in sub-junior level.
- She has been honored by the United States state of Ohio, where Gov. Ted Strickland declared 26 June 2010 as “Shreya Ghoshal Day”.
- In April 2013, she was honored in London by the selected members of House of Commons of the United Kingdom
- Her first ever recorded song was “Ganraj Rangi Nachato” which is a cover version of a Marathi song originally sung by Lata Mangeshkar.
- At the age of six, Ghoshal began with her formal training in classical music School. She acquired training from Late Kalyanji Bhai for 18 months and proceeded her classical music training with Late Mukta Bhide in Mumbai. Her first stage performance was made at a club’s yearly function.
- On 5 February 2015, Ghoshal married her childhood companion Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya in a customary Bengali ceremony. Before getting married, Ghoshal dated him for just about 10 years.
- According to Ghoshal, apart from being a singer, she, adores travelling and reading books but it’s cooking that healingly effects her.
- She performs in musical concerts around the world.
- She also featured multiple times in the Forbes list of the top 100 celebrities from India.
- In 2017, Shreya Ghoshal became the first primary Indian singer to have her wax figurine in Madame Tussauds Museum.
- In 2011, she turned into the brand ambassador for Joyalukkas Jewelry.
- Shriya Goshal offered her respects to the casualties of an excessive rainfall in Mauritius with a concert at the Swami Vivekananda International Convention Centre in Pailles.
- Meesha Shafi Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Husband and Facts
- Sunidhi Chauhan Biography, Height, Age, Weight, Husband and Facts
- Jasmin Walia Height, Weight, Body measurements, Biography, Net worth, Boyfriend, Facts
- Lady Gaga Height, Bio, Body Measurements, Net worth, Family, Boyfriend, Facts
- Aima Baig Height, Age, Bio, Net worth, Family, Boyfriend, Facts