Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lbs)|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Nickname||Chikoo, Run Machine|
|Full Name||Virat Kohli|
|Age||33 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||5 November 1988|
Virat Kohli is a legendary Indian international cricketer. Presently, he is the captain of Indian cricket team. Due to his remarkable performance in the field, he is frequently considered as one of the leading batsmen around the world. Virat Kohli also plays for Indian Premier League (IPL) for Royal Challengers Bangalore team.
Virat Kohli is the son of Saroj Kohli and Prem. He has an elder sister and brother named Bhavna and Vikash. He completed his school education from Savior Convent Senior Secondary School and Vishal Bharti Public School. Kohli is married to renowned Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma. Virat and Anushka tied their knot on 11th December, 2017 in Florence, Italy.
Virat Kohli made his first debut in ODIs against Sri Lanka in 2008 Idea Cup. He scored his half-century of 54 runs, in fourth match and supported India to win that series. This was also the first ODI series win of Indian team against Sri Lanka. Virat played in ICC Champions Trophy 2009 and got an opportunity to play in fourth ODI once Sri Lanka toured India in the year 2009. He scored his first century of ODI, making India to win that series 3–1. In the year 2010, Kohli was elected as vice-captain of India for Tri-series against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. He became the fastest player to score more than 1000 runs in One Day International cricket in this series. In the year 2010, Virat was India’s top run-scorer with 995 runs, comprising off 3 centuries from 25 matches with 47.38 of average.
In the year 2011, Virat Kohli was elected over Suresh Raina in Cricket World Cup and emerged as the first Indian player to score a debut century in World Cup. Amid January 2009 and September 2011, Virat was India’s second top scorer in One Day International with 1994 runs at 47.47 of average. He achieved his career’s second spot in ICC Player Rankings for ODI batters after India-Sri Lanka series in the year 2012. He was nominated as ‘ODI Cricketer of the Year’ at ICC annual function held in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
He was elected as vice-captain of One Day International team in the year 2012. Ever since, he has leaded the Indian team several times in the absenteeism of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Virat Kohli was also handed-over Test Matches captaincy after MS Dhoni professed his retirement in the year 2014.
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Virat Kohli.
Virat Kohli Education
|School||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi
Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
Check out Virat Kohli's video
Virat Kohli's Photos Gallery
Virat Kohli Career
Profession: Cricketer (Batsman)
- ODI– 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla
- Test– 20 June 2011 against West Indies at Kingston
- T20 – 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare
Salary: RETAINER FEE: 2 crore (INR) TEST FEE: 15 lakh (INR)ODI FEE: 6 lakh (INR)T20 FEE: 3 lakh (INR)
Net Worth: $60 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Prem Kohli (Criminal lawyer)
Mother: Saroj Kohli (Homemaker)
Brother(s): Vikas Kohli (Elder)
Sister(s): Bhavna Kohli (Elder)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Anushka Sharma (Actress)
Son(s): 11 December 2017
- Sarah-Jane Dias (Actress, rumour)
- Sanjana (Model, Actress, rumour)
- Tamannaah Bhatia (Actress, rumour)
- Izabelle Leite (Brazilian model, rumour)
Virat Kohli Favorites
Hobbies: Workout, travelling, singing, dancing
Favorite Food: Salmon, Sushi, Lamb Chops
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Virat Kohli!
- Virat Kohli is the fastest international cricketer who has reached 5000 ODI runs and he shares this world record with Sir Vivian Richards.
- He flaunts a golden dragon tattoo on his forearm, which is apparently believed to bring good luck.
- Kohli has been rated as the 2nd most marketable athlete across the world.
- Virat Kohli is the first Indian to score a century in his career’s first World Cup.
- Virat Kohli became the No. 1 batsman in “One Day Internationals” in the world in 2013.
- Virat Kohli took only 133 innings to score 20 ODI centuries and he is the fastest cricketer to do so.
- Since his 3 years of age, Virat Kohli was captivated towards cricket.
- Virat was 9 years old when his father took him to Raj Sharma’s Delhi Cricket Academy.
- Kohli’s name was given by his Delhi Coach Ajit Chaudhary in his childhood days.
- History was his most favorite subject, and he always used to hate Mathematics.
- In the year 2006, his father died of brain stroke, though the next day after his Dad’s death; he played a victorious knock for Delhi alongside Karnataka, wherein he scored 90 runs.
- Virat Kohli never had any tailback plan for future as he always desired to be a cricketer.
- He has a few superstitions. He always wears black colored wristbands prior his matches.
- Kohli is always frightened of heights.