|Age||40 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1982|
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m)|
|Weight||59 kg (130 lbs)|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Known For||Bright Star|
|Full Name||Abbie Cornish|
Abbie Cornish is an Australian actress and rapper. She played the lead role of Heidi in the romantic/drama film Somersault (2004). Although she is best known for her other films such as Bright Star (2009), Sucker Punch (2011), Limitless (2011), and many more.
Abbie Cornish has been so passionate about acting since childhood. She has also a unique talent for rapping. Her career Journey is as fascinating as you might think because she has accomplished quite a few things such as she learned to drive at the age of 12, interesting.
Early Life & Career Journey
Abbie Cornish was born on 7th August 1982 in Lochinvar, New South Wales, Australia. She is the older sister of Isabelle Cornish who is also an actress. Abbie is the second of five children of Shelley and Barry Cornish. She grew up on a farm before moving to Newcastle, New South Wales. She was so interested in independent and foreign movies when she was a teenager.
Abbie Cornish made her television debut with the Wildside TV series in 1999 and after that, she was offered her first role in The Monkey’s Mask film. From 2001 to 2003, she portrayed the role of Penne in the Life Support TV series with Rachael Coopes. In 2004, she appeared in the short film Everything Goes with co-star Hugo Weaving and Sullivan Stapleton.
Abbie Cornish started modeling at the age of 13. She is a Vegetarian and as she became an ambassador for the Australian animal rights group. She gained popularity and media attention when her debut film ‘The Monkey’s Mask (2000) was released, winning hearts and awards along the way. She played the role of Mickey Norris brilliantly alongside Kelly McGillis and Susie Porter.
Later in 2004, Abbie Cornish got into the limelight again as she played the role of Heidi in Somersault alongside Sam Worthington. In Bright Star (2009), Abbie starred alongside Ben Whishaw and played the role of Fanny Brawne. In 2006, she appeared in Candy, a romance drama film with Heath Ledger.
She made an appearance as Lindy in the thriller/action movie Limitless (2011) with co-stars Bradley Cooper, Robert De Niro, and Andrew Howard. In the same year, Abbie acted as Sweet Pea in Zack Snyder’s action/fantasy movie Sucker Punch with Emily Browning and Jena Malone.
In 2017, Abbie played the lead role as Sarah in Geostorm, a sci-fi/action movie starring Jim Sturgess. She got this golden opportunity to work with writer/director Martin McDonagh’s crime-comedy film Seven Psychopaths (2012) with co-stars Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, and Michael Pitt.
Abbie Cornish has worked with Luke Wilson in the film The Girl Who Invented Kissing (2016). In 2018, she portrayed Cathy Mueller in the first season of Amazon TV series Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan with John Krasinski.
- In 2004, Abbie Cornish won the Australian Film Institute Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her work in Somersault.
- In the same year, she received the IF Award for “Best Actress” for her work in Somersault.
- She received the Young Actor’s Award for Wildside in 1999.
- In 2012, Abbie Cornish won the Boston Society of Film Critics Awards for “Best Ensemble Cast: Seven Psychopaths shared with the whole cast.
- She received the Chicago Independent Film Critics Circle Awards for “Best Ensemble Cast: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”
- In 2011, Abbie won the CinEuphoria Awards for “Best Actress – Audience Award: Bright Star.”
- In 2018, she won the Golden Carp Film Award – International for “Best Ensemble Performance: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”
- Abbie Cornish received the Film Critics Circle of Australia Awards for “Best Actress in a Lead Role” for her work in Candy which she dedicated to the late Heath Ledger.
- In 2018, Abbie won the Gold Derby Award.
- Abbie Cornish won in the Miami Film Festival the Special Jury Award for “Dramatic Features – World Cinema Competition Somersault (2004) for the breakthrough actor.”
- In the New York City International Film Festival, Abbie won Festival Award for “Best Supporting Actress in a Feature Film, The Girl Who Invented Kissing (2017).”
- She also received the Screen Actors Guild Awards in 2018 for “Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.”
- In 2009, Abbie won the Women Film Critics Circle Awards for “Best Actress” for her work in the Bright Star.”
Check out exclusive facts about Abbie Cornish.
Abbie Cornish Career
Known For: Bright Star
The Monkey’s Mask (2000)
Net Worth: USD $8 million Approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Barry Cornish
Mother: Shelley Cornish
Brother(s): Zac Cornish, Hayden Cornish, Jade Cornish
Sister(s): Isabelle Cornish
Marital Status: In a relationship
Adel Altamimi 2019
Ryan Phillippe (2007 – 2010)
Abbie Cornish Favorites
Hobbies: She’s an animal rights activist.
Favorite Food: Spaghetti
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite TV Show: Dexter
Favorite Movies: Gone With The Win