Akkineni Nagarjuna is an uprising Indian movie actor, filmmaker, and capitalist typically recognized for his work mainly in Telugu movies. He has won 9th state Nandi Awards, three Southern Filmfare Awards and a National Film Award-. In the year 1996, Akkineni Nagarjuna produced Ninne Pelladata, which received National Film Award for the Best Feature Film in Telugu.
Akkineni Nagarjuna is also recognized for his work in biographical movies, he played fifteenth century composer Annamacharya in the movie Annamayya, in Agni Varsha, Major Padmapani Acharya, in the war movie titled LOC Kargil, 17th century composer Kancherla Gopanna in the film Sri Ramadasu, Suddala Hanmanthu in movie Rajanna, Sai Baba of Shirdi in the film Shirdi Sai, Chandala, in the film Jagadguru Adi Sankara, and Hathiram Bhavaji, and in 2017 movie Om Namo Venkatesaya.
In the year 1989, Akkineni Nagarjuna appeared in Mani Ratnam directed quixotic drama movie Geetanjali, which received National Filmfare Award for the most popular Movie delivering Wholesome Entertainment. In the same year, he appeared in Siva, an action drama blockbuster movie produced by Ram Gopal Varma, which premiered at 13th Global Film Festival of India. In the year 1990, Akkineni Nagarjuna made his first Bollywood appearance with the Hindi recreation of Shiva. In the year1998, he won National Filmfare Award for his remarkable acting in the historical movie Annamayya.
Akkineni Nagarjuna was born in Chennai, India on 29th August 1959. He was born to late actor Nageswara Rao Akkineni and Annapurna Akkineni. The family afterwards settled in Hyderabad, where he joined Little Flower Junior College and Hyderabad Public School. He earned one year of his Bachelor degree with a major in Engineering from College of Engineering, Guindy, and received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering degree from Eastern Michigan University Ypsilanti, Michigan.
In the year 1984, Akkineni Nagarjuna married to Lakshmi Daggubati, daughter of D. Ramanaidu, a renowned film producer, and sister of the famous actor Venkatesh and filmmaker Suresh Babu. Nagarjuna and Lakshmi have one son, the renowned actor Naga Chaitanya. Though, the couple was divorced in the year 1990. Nagarjuna afterwards married to actress Amala Akkineni. From his subsequent marriage, Nagarjuna is father to the uprising actor Akhil Akkineni.
|Akkineni Nagarjuna Bio Data|
|Full Name||Akkineni Nagarjuna|
|Age (as of 2019)||59 years old|
|Date of Birth||29 August 1959|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Current Residence||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India|
|Akkineni Nagarjuna Academic Profile|
|Qualification||M.S. in Automobile Engineering, Bachelors of Engineering|
|School||Hyderabad Public School, Hyderabad
|College/University||The Little Flower Junior College, Hyderabad
College of Engineering, Guindy
Eastern Michigan University, Michigin, USA
|Akkineni Nagarjuna HD Photos||
|Akkineni Nagarjuna Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
Film : Vikram (1986)
|Salary||7 Crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$50 million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Nageswara Rao Akkineni|
|Sister||Akkineni Sathyavathi, Akkineni Naga Susheela and Akkineni Saroja|
Amala Akkineni (Actress)
|Son(s)||Naga Chaitanya and Akhil Akkineni|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||163 lbs|
|Weight in KG||74 kg|
|Height in Feet||6 ft|
|Height in Meter||1.83 m|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Reading and workout|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Book(s)||Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell|
|Favorite Food||Grilled chicken or fish and dosa|
|Favorite Destination||Goa, Europe|
|Akkineni Nagarjuna Social Media|
Some Interesting Facts About Akkineni Nagarjuna
- In 1968, Nagarjuna initiated his career in acting as a child star with Telugu movie Sudigundalu.
- His debut leading role movie Vikram of 1986 was the recreation of renowned Bollywood movie Hero.
- Akkineni Nagarjuna also hosted Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu, the Telugu version of popular Hindi show Kaun Banega Crorepati.
- His wife Amala is the co-originator of a non-profit organization called Blue Cross of Hyderabad.
- In 20 years of his career, he has appeared in 90 movies which involve Hindi, Telugu and Tamil films.
- Besides action and romantic movies, he also appeared in some devotional films like Annamayya, Sri Ramadasu, and Shirdi Sai.
- He is the co-founder of Mumbai Masters for Indian Badminton League with Sunil Gavaskar, and in Mahi Racing Team India with famous cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- In the year 2014, legendary Amitabh Bachchan made an exceptional appearance in his movie Manam.
- Akkineni Nagarjuna is a very good friend of commercial tycoon Anil Ambani.