Ram Gopal Varma is a highly talented Bollywood film director, producer, philosopher and screenwriter typically recognized for his work in Bollywood, Tamil cinema as well as Indian television. Varma directed movies across manifold genres, comprising off parallel cinema and documentary movies noted for their technical finesse, gritty realism and craft. Considered as one of the forerunners of modern Indian cinema, Ram Gopal Varma earned National Filmfare Award for producing political crime serial titled Shool. In the year 2004, he was casted in BBC World serial titled Bollywood Bosses.
Ram Gopal Varma is typically recognized for presenting Indian Political Series, as well as the Indian Criminal Trio; renowned film critic Rajeev Masand had categorized these series as one of the “most persuasive movies of Bollywood cinema. The first part of this sequence, Satya, was also recorded in CNN-IBN’s Top 100 Indian movies of all the time. Varma’s current works include megahits such as the factional re-portrayal of “Rayalaseema factionism” in Rakta Charitra, the “Operation Cocoon” in Killing Veerappan, the “2008 Mumbai attacks” in Attacks of 26/11 as well as the “Vijayawada riots” in Vangaveeti.
Initiating his career as a civic engineer, Ram Gopal Varma made his entry into Telugu cinema with groundbreaking crime thrilling movie, Siva nominated at 13th International Film Festival, and has earned Varma, the State Nandi Awards for the Best film direction, as well as the Filmfare Award for the Best Film – Telugu. Afterward, the movie was listed in CNN-IBN’s top 100 Indian movies of all the time. Ram Gopal’s next movie titled Kshana Kshanam was nominated at Ann Arbor Film Festival. This sleeper hit earned him another Nandi Award for the Best Direction, as well as the Nandi Award for the Best Script Writer. The 1993 political series titled Gaayam also received 6 state Nandi Awards. In the year 1999, Varma directed the movie Prema Katha for which he earned 3rd Nandi Award for the Best Director.
Ram Gopal Varma has also won National Filmfare Award, seven state Nandi Awards, Bimal Roy Memorial National Award, five Bollywood Movie Awards and two Bollywood Filmfare Awards.
|Ram Gopal Varma Bio Data|
|Name||Ram Gopal Varma|
|Full Name||Ram Gopal Varma|
|Age (as of 2019)||57 years old|
|Date of Birth||7 April 1962|
|Birthplace||Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh|
|Ram Gopal Varma Academic Profile|
|Qualification||B.Tech in Civil Engineering|
|College/University||V.R. Siddhartha Engineering College, Vijayawada|
|Ram Gopal Varma HD Photos||
|Ram Gopal Varma Career and Net Worth|
|Profession||Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Playback singer|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Family & Relatives|
Ratna Varma (Ex-wife)
|Father||Krishnam Raju Varma|
|Brother(s)||Varma Vijaya, Varma Koti|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||154 lbs|
|Weight in KG||76 kg|
|Height in Feet||5 feet 8 inches|
|Height in Meter||1.73 m|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress||Sridevi, Urmila Matondkar|
|Favorite Food||Not Available|
|Ram Gopal Varma Social Media|
Ram Gopal Varma is pretty active on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Lakshmi’s NTR Movie Trailer 2 | NTR True STORY | RGV | Yagna Shetty | Kalyani Malik | Agasthya Manju
Some Interesting Facts About Ram Gopal Varma
- Is Ram Gopal Varma addicted to smoking? : Yes
- Is Ram Gopal Varma alcoholic? : Yes
- He was infatuated for movies since his infantile. He would frequently miss his engineering classes to watch movies.
- Even though, he started his career as a site engineer, he always desired of inaugurating a video library in future.
- Ram Gopal Varma started to make a conversion from Telugu to Bollywood movies. His major breakthrough in Bollywood cinema came with Urmila Martondkar and Aamir Khan featured Rangeela.
- In 1999, Ram Gopal Varma was bestowed with National Filmfare Award for his political movie titled Shool.
- CNN-IBN once recorded RGV’s Satya in top 100 Indian movies of all the time.
- In 2004, he was starred in BBC TV show titled Bollywood Bosses.
- Ram Gopal Varma’s Sarkar Series is specifically based upon the life of former Indian politician named Bal Thackeray. The first two parts of the series became extremely popular and were even screened at numerous international film festivals.
- Born on April 7th 1962 in Bhimavaram, he completed his graduation in Vijayawada and he moved to Hyderabad for business.
- Ram Gopal Varma is Indian Film Director, Screenwriter, and Producer. He was born on 7 April 1962 in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- He started his 1st business which is renting VCRs along with Videocassettes. He has been arrested once because of pirated copies.
- Nagarjuna 1st planned to work with B Gopal for which the tale has been spoiled by RGV which brought him the opportunity to direct the movie.
- Ram Gopal Varma is now running short of wealth and he is spending life so. His friends and close associates arrange everything when he goes out.
- Ram Gopal Varma is a big fan of Sridevi and he admires her a lot. He even revealed the news many times during public events. He even said that he came to films only because of Sridevi.