Brahmanandam – Biography, Facts & Life Story
His Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5′ 6″ (1.67 m)|
|Weight||72 Kg (175 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Age||73 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||1 February 1950|
|Profession||Actor, Comedian, Director|
|Birthplace||Andhra Pradesh, India|
Brahmanandam is a renowned comedian and actor, primarily working in Tollywood. He is considered amongst the top paid actors in comedy genre and is known as comedy king of Telugu film industry. Brahmanandam has already received a number of prominent awards and admirations for his remarkable work in Tollywood. He also entails a Guinness World Record for maximum screen credits. He had provided more than thousands of films till date.
Exceptional comedian of South Indian film industry, Brahmanandam was born in Sattenapalle, India on 1st February, 1956. The talented actor is typically recognized for his work in Telugu and Tamil film industry. Brahmanandam was born to Kanneganti Nagalingachari and Kanneganti Lakshmi Narsamma. He married to Lakshmi Kanneganti and the couple was blessed with two sons named Raja Gautam Kanneganti and Siddharth Kanneganti.
Brahmanandam was born in a village near Guntur district; he trailed his master degree in Telugu and afterwards initiated his career as a teacher. He worked in a town of Godavari district named Attili. Brahmanandam used to partake in inter-college activities which supported him in boosting up his expressions as well as comic skills. Famous director Jandhyala Subramanya Sastry was the man who helped him and played a crucial part in his entrance in film industry. In the year 1986, he initiated his career with the movie titled ‘Chantabbai’. He mesmerized his viewers with his physical and satire comedy. After his first film, Brahmanandam never looked back and moved ahead to deliver numerous megahit movies.
Mugguru Monagallu , Aha Naa Pellanta Indra, , Premaku Velayara, Vikramarkudu, Evadi Gola Vaadidhi, Money, Anaganaga Oka Roju, Race Gurram, Vinodham, Ready, Manmadhudu, Dhee, Naayak, Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam, Sardaar Gabbar Singh, Loukyam, Khaidi No. 150, Bruce Lee – The Fighter, Om Namo Venkatesaya, Nenu Kidnap Ayyanu and Maragadha Naanayam are some of his superhit movies. Thaanaa Serndha Koottam, Jai Simha, Sabaash Naidu, MLA, Saaho, Aaradugula Bullet, 1818 and SSSJ are his recent movies. Brahmanandam had received 1 Filmfare Award South, five state Nandi Awards, 3 South Indian International Movie Awards and 6 CineMAA Awards for remarkable acting. He was also bestowed with ‘Padma Shri’ award for his influence to film industry.
In January 2019, Brahmanandam was admitted to Asian Heart Institute Mumbai owing to heart problem. His health is completely stable now after bypass surgery on 15th January 2019. Presently, he is on bed rest.
Brahmanandam has worked in Kisi ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan, and Dagaalty .
Profession: Actor, Comedian, Director
Family & Relatives
Father: Rajmani Mishra
Mother: Not Known
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Lakshmi Kanneganti
Son: Raja Goutham and Siddharth Kanneganti
Hobbies: Not Known
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Brahmanandam
- Is Brahmanandam addicted to smoking? : Not known
- Is Brahmanandam alcoholic? : Not Known
- He is a popular comedian as well as an actor who predominantly works in Tollywood cinema.
- Prior emerging as an actor, he was working as a lecturer in Attili, district Godavari of Andhra Pradesh.
- In the year 1987, he initiated his career as a humorist with the movie titled Aha Naa Pellanta.
- He is commonly recognized for his influential comic, funny expressions and he is one of the highly paid comedians within India.
- Brahmanandam has recorded his name in the Guinness Book of World Record for the maximum screen credits as a living performer.
- Brahmanandam has been a professor by profession and he worked in a private college in Athili, West Godavari District.
- Legendary director Jandhyala came to know about his inner talent and introduced him to Tollywood with Aha Na Pellanta.
- Megastar Chiranjeevi has been impressed with the comedy timing of Brahmi and he used to interact with the comedian during the shoot many times.
- During 1990-2005, Brahmanandam was the only consideration for the characters of hero’s friend or any other supporting role.
- Brahmanandam impressed the audience in all the characters in his career.