Devadarshini – Biography, Facts & Life Story
Her Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||36-25-36 inches|
|Height||5 ft 6 inches (1.65 m)|
|Weight||56 Kg (123 lbs)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Age||48 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||01/01/1975|
|Full Name||Devadarshini Sukumaran|
|Profession||Film, Television Actress|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Devadarshini is an eminent Indian film actress primarily appears in Tamil movies as well as in television series. She initiated her career as a TV anchor prior arriving into the world of acting, first in television series and afterwards in Tamil films. Devadarshini mainly appears in supporting characters and frequently performs comical roles. She has also performed leading roles in numerous television serials such as Athipookal and Marmadesam. Devadarshini has also partaken in a television reality show titled Jodi Number One together with her real life spouse Chetan. At present, she is also starring in a comedy show titled Sunday Galatta, airs on sun TV.
Devadarshini was born on 1st January, 1975 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu; India. Her father and mother are both retired principals. Devadarshini also has a younger sister. She completed her studies with a major in commerce and trailed her master’s degree with a major in Applied Psychology a few years later.
Whilst in college, she started hosting television shows. Devadarshini was afterwards provided a chance to appear in Doordarshan television serial titled Kanavugal Ilavasam, which afterwards led her to portraying a role in a successful enigmatic series titled Marmadesam by Naga. Devadarshini was also introduced in 21st Episode of TV serial Ramany Vs Ramany, directed by Naga. She became prominent part of a number of television series such as Vidathu Karuppu and second installment which considers a major turning point of her career as it proven her in industry.
After her marriage in the year 2002, she started to receive offers for films too. The very first movie for which she signed was Enakku 20 Unakku 18 which was directed by Jyothi Krishna, though Gautham Menon’s thrilling drama serial Kaakha Kaakha was released first. The movie Parthiban Kanavu that released in the same year earned her a Tamil Nadu State Film Award for the Best Comedian. Devadarshini portrayed the leading role in the movie titled Sakthi Pirakuthu, produced by a non-government organization.
In the year 2000, Devadarshini tied the knot with Chetan, who is a renowned television actor. The couple worked together for the first time in the movie titled Marmadesam. On 18th January 2003, Devadarshini gave birth to a baby girl named Niyati.
Check out exclusive ➡facts about Devadarshini.
Profession: Film, Television Actress
Parthiban Kanavu (2003)
Family & Relatives
Mother: Not Known
Marital Status: Married
No. of Children: 1
Son: yathi (18 January 2004) Son –
Daughter: Niyathi (18 January 2004)
Hobbies: Travelling, Shopping
Favorite Color: Black, Yellow, White
Facts You Never Knew About Devadarshini
- Is Devadarshini addicted to smoking? : Not Known
- Is Devadarshini alcoholic? : Not Known
- She has starred in the leading roles of television serials like Athipookal and Marmadesam.
- Devadarshini met with her future partner Chetan on the sets of TV serial Marmadesam, wherein they acted together.
- She acts mainly in supporting roles as well as in comical roles.
- Devadarshini’s television serials like Marmadesam, Kanavugal Ilavasam and Vidathu Karuppu presented her to a massive Tamil audience.
- She also participated in a dancing reality show titled Jodi Number One along with her husband Chetan.
- Devadarshini has also hosted a comedy show for Sun TV titled Sunday Galatta.
- She is a self-proclaimed foodie.
- Her father and mother are both educationists by profession whereas her sister is a Gold Medalist.