Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5' 3" (1.60 m)|
|Weight||65 Kg (143 lbs)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Full Name||Farah Khan|
|Profession||Choreographer, Actress, Director, Producer|
|Age||57 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||9 January 1965|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Farah Khan also known as Farah Khan Kunder, is a renowned Indian movie director, actress, filmmaker, choreographer as well as a dancer primarily known for her choreographic dancing work in numerous Indian movies. Farah has choreographed dancing routines for over 100 songs in more than 80 Hindi movies, winning 6th Filmfare Awards for the Best Choreography as well as National Film Award for the Best Choreography. Moreover, she has worked on global projects, like Monsoon Wedding, Marigold: An Adventure in India, Bombay Dreams and Chinese movies Imaginably Love and Kung Fu Yoga, earning Golden Horse Award and Tony Award nominations. She has since become a filmmaker too, with Filmfare Best Director Award for her special debut Main Hoon Na.
Farah Khan was born in Bombay, Maharashtra, India on 9th January 1965. Her father named Kamran Khan was a stuntman who afterwards turned to a filmmaker. Her Mom named Menaka Irani is the sister of former child stars Daisy Irani and Honey Irani. Farah Khan is hence a first cousin of film stars Zoya Akhtar and Farhan Akhtar. She owns one brother named Sajid Khan, who is an actor, film director as well as a comedian.
Even though Farah’s father is a Muslim by religion whereas her Mom is a Zorastrian belongs to Parsi community. Both of her father and mother got separated when Farah was only a toddler. One ultimate cause for this was the lack of money; another was the religion. Kamran Khan had primarily been very prosperous and successful, moreover, when his sister-in-law named Honey Irani married to a poverty-stricken lyricist Javed Akhtar, the newly-weds turned towards Kamran for support and he provided them an apartment to live without paying any rent. Though, Kamran afterwards started to lose money desperately as his movie ventures flopped; his marriage distorted at the same time. Farah Khan, hence, saw little of her father when growing up. As neither parent had any amount of money left, Farah and Sajid were ferried between different houses.
Farah Khan married to Shirish Kunder, the co-editor of her movie Main Hoon Na, on 9th December 2004. The couple has since worked collectively on each other’s movies, such as Om Shanti Om, Jaan-E-Mann, and Tees Maar Khan. In the year 2008, Farah Khan gave birth to triplets, two daughters and one son.
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Farah Khan.
Farah Khan Education
|School||St. Teresa's Convent School, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai (She was sacked for low attendance, she completed her graduation in a correspondence course)|
Farah Khan's Photos Gallery
Farah Khan Career
Profession: Choreographer, Actress, Director, Producer
- As a Choreographer: Kahan Kahan Se Guzar Gaya (1981)
- As an Actress: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)
- As a Director: Main Hoon Na (2004)
Salary: Rs. 50 Lakh per song (to choreograph)
Net Worth: $10 Million
Family & Relatives
Father: Kamran Khan (former stunt film-maker)
Mother: Menaka Irani
Brother(s): Sajid Khan (Younger brother, Actor & Director)
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Shirish Kunder (m. 2004)
Son(s): Czar Kunder
Daughter(s): Diva Kunder, Anya Kunder
Akashdeep Saigal (Actor)
Shirish Kundar (Film Editor)
Farah Khan Favorites
Hobbies: Dancing, Cracking jokes
Favorite Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
Favorite Actress: Sushmita Sen
Facts You Never Knew About Farah Khan!
- Former screenwriter named Honey Irani is her aunt.
- Zoya Akhtar and Farhan Akhtar are her cousins. Farah and Farhan share same birthday, although their years are different, they always used to call each other as Capri 9.
- Farah’s parents separated when she was 11 years old.
- Farah was only 19 years old when her father died due to liver damage.
- Farah Khan never took any official training for dancing; she always tried to learn it by seeing numerous videos.
- Sajid and Farah performed as a tailback dancer in the song titled “Bacha Le Sambha Le Koi To Yahan Se Nikale” in the movie 3D Saamri. They had sludge on their faces in this song; hence, their faces are not identifiable.