Katy Perry (Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson) was born on October 25, 1984, in Santa Barbara, California, to Pentecostal pastors Mary Christine, and Maurice Keith Hudson. She is officially renowned as Katy Perry. Katy Perry is an American singer and songwriter. Amid her childhood, she as a teenager seek a career in gospel music. Katy went to religious schools and camps, including Paradise Valley Christian School in Arizona and Santa Barbara Christian School in California.
In 2008, Katy Perry rose to prominence with the release of her album, a pop rock, and its singles “I Kissed a Girl” and “Hot n Cold”. I Kissed A Girl track initiated a controversy for its sapphic themes. Katty Perry first album that topped the U.S. Billboard 200 was Teenage Dream in 2010. This Album likewise ranked highest the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 with the singles “California Gurls”, “Teenage Dream”, “Firework”, “E.T.”, and “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)” while “The One That Got Away” positioned number 3 on the chart.
Katy Perry re-released the album as Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, which contained the singles “Part of Me” and “Wide Awake” in March 2012. Katty Perry’s another album to peak atop the U.S. charts was her 4th album Prism (2013). Katy Perry turned out to be the first pop singer to reach one billion views on Vevo with the videos for its songs “Roar” and “Dark Horse”. Her fifth album, Witness (2017), reach number one in the U.S.
Katty Perry has earned various accolades, including four Guinness World Records, five American Music Awards, a Brit Award, and a Juno Award. Annual Forbes lists (2011- 2018) regarded Katty Perry as the highest-earning woman in the music industry.
Katy Perry sold in excess of 40 million albums and over 100 million records internationally throughout her profession which garnered her as one of the best-selling music artists of all time. Katy Perry was officially named a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador on 3rd December 2013.
In 2012, Katy Perry released an autobiographical documentary titled Katy Perry: Part of Me. In December 2015, Perry released a mobile app named Katy Perry Pop through Glu Mobile where her characters assist players to become popular musicians. In March 2018, Perry was signed for a $25-million salary to serve as a judge on ABC’s revival of American Idol.
Stay connected to discover more about Katy Perry and her LifeStyle.
You might also like Emma Watson and her LifeStyle.
Katy Perry Bio Data
Name: Katy Perry
Full Name: Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson
Nickname/Alternative Name: Katy Hudson, Katheryn Elizabeth Brand, Katy Brand, Katy Bird, Pickle, KP, KatyCat, K-Pez, Chuckie, The Queen of Cool, Pussycat
Age (as of 2019): 34 years old
Date of Birth: October 25, 1984
Birthplace: Santa Barbara, California, United States
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Religion: Not known
Hometown: Santa Barbara, California, United States
Current Residence: Katy Perry Direct Management Group, Inc. 8332 Melrose Avenue Top Floor Los Angeles, CA 90069 USA (Fan mail)
Katy Perry Academic Profile
Qualification: High School
School: Paradise Valley Christian School, Arizona
Santa Barbara Christian School, California
Dos Pueblos High School
Katy Perry HD Photos
Katy Perry Career and Net Worth
Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Philanthropist, Businesswoman
Known For: Singing
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Album: Katy Hudson (2001)
- TV: The Young and the Restless (2008)
Net Worth: $295 million
Family & Relatives
Marital Status: Divorced (Unmarried)
Husband/Boyfriend: Orlando Bloom
Father: Mary Christine (née Perry)
Mother: Maurice Keith Hudson
Brother(s): David (Singer)
- Justin York (2002-2003)
- Mathew Thiessen (2003-2006)
- Johnny Lewis (2005-2006)
- Travie McCoy (2007-2009)
- Josh Gorban (2009)
- Russel Brand (2009-2011)
- Baptiste Giabiconi (2012)
- John Mayer (2012-2014)
- Diplo (2014-2015)
- Orlando Bloom (Currently dating)
Physical Statistics & Build
Weight In Pounds: 134.5 lbs
Weight In KG: 61 kg
Height In Feet: 5 feet 8 inches
Height In Meter: 1.73 m
Body Measurements: 36-25-35
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Hobbies & Other Activities
Hobbies: Golf, Collecting Antiques
Likes and Dislikes
Favorite Book(s): The Help (Kathryn Stockett)
Favorite Color: Pink, Aqua, Blue
Katy Perry Social Media
Website: Katy Perry
Some Interesting Facts About Katy Perry
- In 2001, Katy Perry released her debut studio album Katy Hudson under her birth name that was commercially unsuccessful.
- She listened to Queen’s “Killer Queen,” which motivated her to pursue a professional career in music at an early age of 15 years.
- The album Teenage Dream turned out to be the first to produce five number-one songs in the U.S., and the second after Michael Jackson’s album Bad.
- Katy Perry has English, German, Irish, and Portuguese ancestry.
- Katy Perry estimated total worth as of 2016 is $125 million
- Katy Perry is a niece of film director Frank Perry
- Her most highly ranked single, “Chained to the Rhythm”, broke the record for Spotify’s most streamed track within 24 hours upon its release.
- In the 2011 film, The Smurfs Katy Perry voiced Smurfette, and furthermore voiced its sequel in 2013.
- Perry likewise started serving as a judge on American Idol in 2018.
- Katy Perry found popular music through CDs she sneaked from her friends.
- In June, 2015 Katy Perry made a cameo appearance in the music video for Madonna’s song “Bitch I’m Madonna”.
- Perry performed at the One Love Manchester advantage show for the victim casualties of the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing.
- Katy Perry was announced the Top Global Female Recording Artist of 2013 by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI).
- Perry performed at the 2016 Democratic National Convention in the help of Clinton.
- Rihanna Weight, Height, Lifestyle, Boyfriends, Facts and Net Worth
- Britney Spears Husband, Height, Age, Bio, Family, Net worth, Facts
- Adele Height, Bio, Age, Body Measurement, Husband, Net Worth, Facts
- Selena Gomez Net worth, Bio, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Family, Facts
- Beyonce Net worth, Age, Bio, Height, Family, Husband, Facts