Mallika Sherawat – Biography, Facts & Life Story
Her Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||36-26-36 Inches|
|Height||5 Feet 6 Inches (1.68 m)|
|Weight||52 Kg (115 lbs)|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Age||46 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||24 October 1976|
|Full Name||Reema Lamba|
|Birthplace||Moth, Hisar, Haryana, India|
Mallika Sherawat is a renowned Indian movie actress as well as a model. She was born in Rohtak, Haryana, India on 24th October, 1976. Mallika was born to a Jat family as Reema Lamba. She completed her schooling at Delhi Public School. After that, she earned her degree with a major in philosophy from Miranda House, Delhi University. She is considered amongst those Bollywood superstars trying to pass across Hollywood.
Throughout the initial days of her Bollywood career she exposed that she had come from a small conformist town family and faced a number of hurdles from her family in pursuing her career, to which her family rejected and stated that she formed this story of her own. It’s been told that she was married to a pilot of Jet Airways.
Mallika Sherawat initially starred in a few Television commercials with Shahrukh Khan for Santro and Amitabh Bachchan for BPL. She also appeared in Surjit Bindrakhia and Nirmal Pandey’s musical video. She made her first appearance with the movie Jeena Sirf Merre Liye.
Afterward, Mallika acted in the movie Murder in 2004 and Khwahish in 2003. She got the nominee for the Best Actress at Zee Cine Awards for her movie Murder. It was one of the mega hits of the year. In 2005, Mallika Sherawat starred in a Chinese film, The Myth, alongside Jackie Chan.
Afterwards in the year 2006, she appeared in the movie Pyaar Ke Side Effects which fared enough at Indian box office. In 2007, she featured in a song titled Mayya Mayya in the movie Guru. Mallika also played a visitant role in the movie Aap Ka Suroor – The Real Love Story. She charged Rs 15 million for only a 10 minutes presence in the movie. In the same year, she starred in the movie Welcome which was also a big hit at Indian box office.
In the year 2008, Mallika Sherawat appeared in two movies Maan Gaye Mughal-e-Azam and Ugly Aur Pagli which ultimately flopped at Indian box office. In 2009, she featured in a Hollywood movie Hisss. Later, she also appeared in another Hollywood comedy movie titled Politics of Love.
Mallika Sherawat Education
Qualification: Degree in Philosophy
School: Delhi Public School, New Delhi
College: Miranda House, Delhi University
Mallika Sherawat Career
Profession: Actress, Model
Known For: Dirty Politics
Film: Jeena Sirf Merre Liye (2002)
TV: The Bachelorette India (2013)
Net Worth: $10 million Approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Mukesh Kumar Lamba
Mother: Santosh Sherawat
Brother: Vikram Lamba
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Karan Singh Gill
Mallika Sherawat Favorites
Hobbies: Yoga, Travelling
Favorite Destination: Gao
Favorite Food: Multi grain toast
Favorite Color: Black, Pink, Blue
Favorite Pets: Cat
Facts You Never Knew About Mallika Sherawat
- Mallika Sherawat’s real name is Reema Lamba, though she accepted her surname from her Mom’s name Santosh Sherawat.
- She worked as an air hostess prior acting.
- In the year 2000, she married to a Jet Airways pilot named Karan Singh Gill, though the couple got divorced only after one year.
- She shot to fame by appearing in a film called Khwahish for which she did more than17 kisses with co-actor Himanshu Malik.
- Mallika Sherawat was one time offered to pose nude for a famous magazine, but she rejected the offer by saying that she was feared not to get work in Bollywood movies because of it.
- The diamonds that Mallika wore at Cannes Film Festival 2005 was worth INR 4.5 crore.
- On several occasions she had a chance to meet with Barack Obama.
- In the year 2005, Mallika Sherawat made her first Hollywood debut opposite Jackie Chan with movie The Myth.