Pritam Chakraborty was born on 14 June 1971. He is better known by the stage name Pritam. Pritam Chakraborty is an Indian singer, electronic guitar player, composer, instrumentalist and record maker for Bollywood films.
Pritam was born in a white collar class Bengali family to Anuradha Chakraborty and Prabodh Chakraborty. Pritam gained his initial training in music from his father and learned to play the guitar while he was still in school. After finishing his schooling at St. James’ School and graduating in Geology in 1992 from Presidency College, Pritam dropped out of his M.Sc. classes in 1993 to chart a career of his own choice from FTII, Pune, where he took up Sound Recording and Engineering in 1994. Amid this time, he was offered an opportunity to create background music for a film by the Hungarian filmmaker Istvan Gaal.
Pritam joined a Bangla band, Chandrabindoo. Before that, he formed another band with his Presidency batchmates, called “Jotugriher Pakhi” for which, he used to play the Guitar. They even have a cassette tape released to their credit at that time.
His compositions for Gadhvi ’s movie picture Dhoom were a runaway hit. The title-track of Dhoom in two variants – Hindi (by Sunidhi Chauhan) and English (by Tata Young) – broke geographic hindrances becoming well-known in pubs in the UK, USA, and East Asia and won him a Zee Cine Award for Best Track of the Year.
He won his second Zee Cine Award for Best Track of the Year for the song “Mauja Hi Mauja” from Jab We Met by Imtiaz Ali. Jab We Met won him his first Apsara Award for Best Music Director. Pritam Chakraborty composed for two more Imtiaz Ali films, Love Aaj Kal and Cocktail which were critically and commercially successful and gave him numerous awards and nominations.
Soon thereafter, Pritam scored music for Barfi! which won him two Filmfare Awards. Barfi is viewed to be one of the most widely praised soundtrack album of his career. By 2013, his rundown list of credits included Race 2, Murder 3, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, Dhoom 3 and Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Dobaara which was his 100th movie as a Music Director in Bollywood. He started 2014 with compositions for Yaariyan, Shaadi Ke Side Effects & Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty.
In a career crossing nearly one and a half decades, Pritam has made musical numbers (songs) for more than a hundred Bollywood movies. He has won 5 Filmfare Awards, 4 Zee Cine Awards, 4 Star Screen Awards, 3 IIFA Awards and 3 ITA Awards among many others.
Stay connected to discover more about Pritam Chakraborty and his LifeStyle.
Read Also: Dhruva Sarja and his LifeStyle.
Pritam Chakraborty Bio Data
Name: Pritam Chakraborty
Full Name: Pritam Chakraborty
Nickname/Alternative Name: Pritam
Age (as of 2019): 47 years old
Date of Birth: 14 June 1971
Birthplace: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Pritam Chakraborty Academic Profile
Qualification: Graduation in Geology from Presidency CollegeCourse in Sound Recording and Engineering from FTII, Pune
School: St. James' School, Kolkata
College: Presidency College, Kolkata
Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune
Pritam Chakraborty HD Photos
Pritam Chakraborty Career and Net Worth
Occupation: Music Composer, Singer
Debut TV Series/Movie:
Music Direction: Tere Liye (2001)
Salary: Not Available
Net Worth: Not Available
Family & Relatives
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Smita Chakraborty
Father: Prabodh Chakraborty (Insurance officer)
Mother: Anuradha Chakraborty
Daughter(s): Ishqa (born 2009)
Physical Statistics & Build
Weight In Pounds: 163 lbs
Weight In KG: 74 kg
Height In Feet: 5’ 5”
Height In Meter: 1.65 m
Shoe Size: 10 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hobbies & Other Activities
Hobbies: Watching movies, Reading
Likes and Dislikes
Favorite Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
Favorite Actress: Kajol
Favorite Food: Anurag Basu
Favorite Color: Black
Pritam Chakraborty Social Media
Some Interesting Facts About Pritam Chakraborty
- Pritam’s composing career begun in Bollywood, when he was signed for the film Tere Liye along with his friend Jeet Gannguli.
- The duo couple Pritam and Jeet Gannguli composed music for the 2002 Yash Raj Films production Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai. The music of the movie was a huge success and most of its songs went on to become chartbusters.
- His father, who was an insurance officer, used to teach light music on western instruments to young kids for a nominal fee, till an accident forced him to quit his job and concentrate on the meager earnings from his music school.
- He gained two nominations for movie Dhoom.
- He additionally learned African music from musicologist Kedar Avati.
- Pritam Chakraborty created music for the second film of Sanjay Gadhvi, Dhoom, which received an overwhelming response.
- Pritam composed prestigious jingles for brands like Santro, Emami, McDonald’s, Head & Shoulders, Thums Up, Limca, Complan and composed title tracks for TV serials such as Astitva, Kkavyanjali, Ye Meri Life Hai, Remix, Kashmeer, Miilee, and Dil Kya Kare.
- His Sufi songs for the 2010 movie Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai were enormously popular with the masses and songs like “Pee loon” and “Tum Jo Aaye” were declared chartbusters.
- The Song, “Gerua” from Dilwale straightforwardly opened at the No. 1 position on the Radio Mirchi charts and became the first Bollywood song to cross 100 million views on YouTube in the shortest duration ever.
- Pritam coached and judged Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2009 and was a judge for Chhote Ustaad on Zee TV.
- Kevin Spacey Height, Bio, Age, Net worth, Family, Wife, Facts
- Michael Jackson Cause of Death (Height, Bio, Age, Net worth, Wife, Family, Facts)
- Justin Bieber Bio, Height, Age, Net Worth, Girlfriends (Dating History) and Facts
- Edward Sheeran Bio, Height, Age, Wife and Facts
- Max Mills Bio, Height, Weight, Girlfriend and Facts