Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 Feet 5 Inches (1.65 m)|
|Weight||74 kg (163 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Known For||Famous for starring in Astitva movie|
|Full Name||Pritam Chakraborty|
|Profession||Music Composer, Singer|
|Age||51 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||14 June 1971|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
Pritam Chakraborty was born on 14 June 1971. He is better known by the stage name Pritam. Pritam Chakraborty is an Indian singer, electronic guitar player, composer, instrumentalist and record maker for Bollywood films.
Pritam was born in a white collar class Bengali family to Anuradha Chakraborty and Prabodh Chakraborty. Pritam gained his initial training in music from his father and learned to play the guitar while he was still in school. After finishing his schooling at St. James’ School and graduating in Geology in 1992 from Presidency College, Pritam dropped out of his M.Sc. classes in 1993 to chart a career of his own choice from FTII, Pune, where he took up Sound Recording and Engineering in 1994. Amid this time, he was offered an opportunity to create background music for a film by the Hungarian filmmaker Istvan Gaal.
Pritam joined a Bangla band, Chandrabindoo. Before that, he formed another band with his Presidency batchmates, called “Jotugriher Pakhi” for which, he used to play the Guitar. They even have a cassette tape released to their credit at that time.
His compositions for Gadhvi ’s movie picture Dhoom were a runaway hit. The title-track of Dhoom in two variants – Hindi (by Sunidhi Chauhan) and English (by Tata Young) – broke geographic hindrances becoming well-known in pubs in the UK, USA, and East Asia and won him a Zee Cine Award for Best Track of the Year.
He won his second Zee Cine Award for Best Track of the Year for the song “Mauja Hi Mauja” from Jab We Met by Imtiaz Ali. Jab We Met won him his first Apsara Award for Best Music Director. Pritam Chakraborty composed for two more Imtiaz Ali films, Love Aaj Kal and Cocktail which were critically and commercially successful and gave him numerous awards and nominations.
Soon thereafter, Pritam scored music for Barfi! which won him two Filmfare Awards. Barfi is viewed to be one of the most widely praised soundtrack album of his career. By 2013, his rundown list of credits included Race 2, Murder 3, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, Dhoom 3 and Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Dobaara which was his 100th movie as a Music Director in Bollywood. He started 2014 with compositions for Yaariyan, Shaadi Ke Side Effects & Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty.
In a career crossing nearly one and a half decades, Pritam has made musical numbers (songs) for more than a hundred Bollywood movies. He has won 5 Filmfare Awards, 4 Zee Cine Awards, 4 Star Screen Awards, 3 IIFA Awards and 3 ITA Awards among many others.
Pritam Chakraborty Education
|Qualification||Graduation in Geology from Presidency CollegeCourse in Sound Recording and Engineering from FTII, Pune|
|School||St. James' School, Kolkata|
|College||Presidency College, Kolkata
Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune
Check out Pritam Chakraborty's video
Pritam Chakraborty's Photos Gallery
Pritam Chakraborty Career
Profession: Music Composer, Singer
Known For: Famous for starring in Astitva movie
Song Album: Music Direction: Tere Liye (2001)
Net Worth: USD $5 million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Prabodh Chakraborty
Mother: Anuradha Chakraborty
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Smita Chakraborty
Pritam Chakraborty Favorites
Hobbies: Watching movies, Reading
Favorite Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
Favorite Actress: Kajol
Favorite Food: Anurag Basu
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Pritam Chakraborty!
- Pritam’s composing career begun in Bollywood, when he was signed for the film Tere Liye along with his friend Jeet Gannguli.
- The duo couple Pritam and Jeet Gannguli composed music for the 2002 Yash Raj Films production Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai. The music of the movie was a huge success and most of its songs went on to become chartbusters.
- His father, who was an insurance officer, used to teach light music on western instruments to young kids for a nominal fee, till an accident forced him to quit his job and concentrate on the meager earnings from his music school.
- He gained two nominations for movie Dhoom.
- He additionally learned African music from musicologist Kedar Avati.
- Pritam Chakraborty created music for the second film of Sanjay Gadhvi, Dhoom, which received an overwhelming response.
- Pritam composed prestigious jingles for brands like Santro, Emami, McDonald’s, Head & Shoulders, Thums Up, Limca, Complan and composed title tracks for TV serials such as Astitva, Kkavyanjali, Ye Meri Life Hai, Remix, Kashmeer, Miilee, and Dil Kya Kare.
- His Sufi songs for the 2010 movie Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai were enormously popular with the masses and songs like “Pee loon” and “Tum Jo Aaye” were declared chartbusters.
- The Song, “Gerua” from Dilwale straightforwardly opened at the No. 1 position on the Radio Mirchi charts and became the first Bollywood song to cross 100 million views on YouTube in the shortest duration ever.
- Pritam coached and judged Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2009 and was a judge for Chhote Ustaad on Zee TV.