Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 5 inches (1.65 m)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lbs)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Full Name||Rati Agnihotri|
|Age||61 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||December 10, 1960|
Rati Agnihotri is a talented Indian movie actress whose movies are predominantly in Tamil, Hindi, Kannada and Telugu. She was born in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India on December 10, 1960. Rati belongs to a traditional Punjabi family. She started modeling when she was only 10 years old. When she was a youngster, her father settled with his family in Madras, on account of his job. She joined Good Shepherd’s Convent School and performed in a school drama.
A Tamil film director named Bharathiraja was in the onlookers and was looking for an actress for his upcoming movie. He met with the father of Rati Agnihotri and assured the film would complete within a month. The movie was a big hit and Rati became famous for her remarkable acting.
Bharathiraja afterwards signed her for the second movie titled Niram Maaratha Pookkal. Although she was Punjabi, though, Southern Indian viewers hugged her as one of their own. Rati also appeared in Kannada and Telugu movies and made more than 30 movies within only 3 years’ time span.
Rati Agnihotri worked with top stars and big banners in Southern Indian movies. She had appeared with film director K. Balachander and had been Kamal Haasan’s top actress in a number of South Indian movies, so she wasn’t astonished once they contacted her for the Hindi re-creation of their Telugu megahit blockbuster titled Maro Charitra. Currently re-titled as Ek Duuje Ke Liye, the movie was about obsessive lovers who are offended by their families in the storytelling practice of Juliet and Romeo. It emerged as one of the top earning hits of the year1981 and marked her debut into Hindi movies of 5 stars of Southern Indian cinema: hero Kamal Haasan, director K. Balachander, singer S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, supporting actress Madhavi and heroine Rati Agnihotri. She afterwards appeared in more than 43 Hindi movies. Her big hit was Coolie alongside legendary Amitabh Bachchan, the movie Tawaif for which she earned her second Filmfare award for the Best Actress, Hukumat and Aap Ke Saath alongside Bollywood actor Dharmendra.
On 9th February 1985, Rati Agnihotri married to a businessman tycoon named Anil Virwani. On 28th November, 1986, she gave birth to a son named Tanuj Virwani, and she solely focused on nurturing him and concentrating on other inventive interests. The couple divorced in the year 2015.
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Rati Agnihotri.
Rati Agnihotri Education
|School||Sishya School, Chennai
Good Shepherd Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chennai
Rati Agnihotri's Photos Gallery
Rati Agnihotri Career
Net Worth: $100K-1M (Approx.)
Family & Relatives
Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
Sister(s): Anita Agnihotri
Marital Status: Divorced
Ex Spouse: Anil Virwani (m. 1985–2015)
Son(s): Anuj Virwani
Facts You Never Knew About Rati Agnihotri!
- Is Rati Agnihotri addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is Rati Agnihotri alcoholic?: Not Known
- She belongs to a humble Hindu family.
- In 1979, Rati Agnihotri initiated her acting career with the character of Jyothi in Tamil movie titled Puthiya Vaarpugal.
- She has starred in industries of numerous languages, such as Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada, English and Punjabi.
- In the year 2005, she casted in Kumar Sanu’s musical video titled Aise Na Dekho Mujhe as a devoted mother of a youngster who is in adoration with a coed.
- In the year 2006, she contributed in a dancing reality show titled Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 1.
- In the year 2006, she together with her husband instigated a shopping mall named Virwani Plaza.
- Rati is a big foodie.