Full Name:Ajith Kumar
Age (as of 2019):48 years old
Date of Birth:1 May 1971
Birthplace:Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m)
Weight:80 kg (176 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Bored? Watch video biography of Ajith Kumar
Ajith Kumar is an eminent Indian actor who predominantly appears in Tamil Movies. He is reognized as Thala of Tollywood Cinema and one of the highly paid actors of the country. He has received Tamil Nadu State Filmfare Kalaimamani Awards.
Ajith Kumar was born in Hyderabad, India on 1st May, 1971. He was born to Subramaniam and Mohini. He has two brothers named Anil Kumar and Anopp Kumar and two sisters.
In 1986 prior accomplishing his HSC, Ajith ousted out of Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School, Chennai. He initiated to date Shalini throughout the shoot of the film Amarkalam. In the year 1999, Ajith proposed Shalini and luckily she agreed. In the year 2000, Ajith Kumar married to Shalini and the couple was blessed with a son named Aadvik and a daughter named Anoushka.
Ajith Kumar made his trivial debut role with the movie En Veedu En Kanavar, which was released in the year 1990. His first movie was Amaravathi which was directed by renowned film director Selva. After his initial film, his back was badly injured and he underwent three operates. Ajith Kumar made his comeback after 2 years in Arvind Swamy’s movie titled Paasamalargal.
In 1995, he starred with his co-actor Vijay in the movie Rajavin Parvaiyile, though his major hit was Aasai. The movie ‘Aasai’ was produced and directed by Mani Ratnam and Vasanth respectively. The movie became a megahit and was admired by Tamil audience. In the year 1996, Ajith Kumar played a leading role in the movie titled Ullaasam which was produced by legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan and he paid him Rs.2 million for the movie.
In the year 1999, his double action thrilling movie titled Vaali became a major success. His movies like Anjaneya, Ennai Thalatta Varuavala and Jana failed to hit success whereas the movie Attagasam hit the Indian box office. After a longer time span, Ajith’s movies like Bila, Varalaru and Mankatha became biggest success and hit the Indian box office.
After the failure of the movie Billa II, Ajith Kumar made his comeback in Tollywood with a bang. His movies like Veeram, Arrambam, Vedalam, Yennai Arindhal and Vivegam earned immense success on Indian box office.
By way of his marriage to famous actress Shalini, he became brother-in-law of actress Shamili and actor Richard Rishi, Shamili was his sister in the movie Kandukondain Kandukondain produced by Rajiv Menon.
Facts You Never Knew About Ajith Kumar!
- Is Ajith Kumar addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is Ajith Kumar alcoholic?: Not Known
- Ajith belongs to a Hindu family.
- He is a proficient car racer.
- Ajith Kumar has contributed in numerous car racing championships all through his career, explicitly the Formula BMW Asia Championship 2003, Formula Maruti Indian Championships 2002, Formula 2 Championship 2010 and FIA Formula Two Championship 2010.
- He is a passionate follower of Sai Baba.
- At first, he was employed as a salesperson for a local garment export factory.
- Ajith rejected the movies Ghajini, Khaaka Khaaka and Nandha for which the directors featured Suriya.
- In the year 2004, he was contracted as a brand ambassador of Nescafe.
- Ajith incurred certain debts after a glitch in reaching corporate success, resulting in him taking up motor sports and gained a lot of modelling opportunities.
- Ajith Kumar was a salesman in a garment export company before he rose to stardom. A report on Behindwoods.com states that Thala Ajith was headed for corporate success when the company suddenly went bust.
Ajith Kumar Education
Qualification: Not Available
School: Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
College: Not Available
Ajith Kumar Gallery
Ajith Kumar Career
Profession: Actor, Racer
Debut TV Series/Movie: Tamil: En Veedu En Kanavar (1990)
Bollywood: Aśoka (2001)
Salary: 25-30 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $2 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Parameshwar Subramaniam
Mother: Mohini Mani
Brother(s): Anoop Kumar (Stockbroker), Anil Kumar
Sister(s): 2 (both died at a very young age)
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Shalini Ajith (Actress)
Son(s): Aadvik Ajith (b. 2015)
Daughter(s): Anoushka Ajith (b. 2008)
Shalini Ajith (Actress)