Full NameAmit Trivedi
ProfessionMusician, Singer, Film Composer, Lyricist
Age (as of 2019)40 years old
Date of Birth08 April, 1979
BirthplaceMumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height5' 7" (1.7 m)
Weight64 kg (141 lbs)
Favorite ActorShah Rukh Khan
Favorite FoodNot Known
Favorite ColorNot Known
Amit Trivedi is a talented Indian movie composer based in Mumbai. This lyricist, musician and singer came into limelight with a Hindi movie music scene for his acute acclaimed work in the movie Aamir and megahit Dev D.
In his teenage, an electronic melodious instrument captivated Amit Trivedi and he was steadily drawn towards music, primarily affected by western culture music. Amit Trivedi started to compose music when he was 19 years old. All through his college days he was part of a musical band named “Om”, which was a renowned group of music devotees, and the band would perform at small shows, live performances and local gigs. The band struck gold after Times Music took take notice of them in a show, and offered to launch their own music album. The album, though, did not earn well, owing to lack of right promotions.
Ultimately, Amit move ahead to compose for background music for television serials, live performances, theater, orchestras; dandiya shows etc. Amit Trivedi also had a short-lived stint with ad clinks, providing music for Airtel and McDonalds.
Amir also composed music for non-film albums. On part of a 2 years contract with Sony BMG, he composed a few songs for Abhijeet Sawant’s Junoon as well as one track in Prashant Tamang’s music album.
Film music ultimately came his way, when playback singer and friend Shilpa Rao proposed Amit Trivedi’s name to filmmaker, Anurag Kashyap who was already in search of a composer with a divergent vision for his movie. Once meeting up with him, the director provided him the opportunity to compose music for Dev D was envisioned to be Amit’s debut though the movie ran into production adjournments and was dropped for some time.
Anurag Kashyap was an imaginative film producer for his help, Raj Kumar Gupta’s directorial project “Aamir” recommended Amit for this movie. He was tied in and initiated working on film music. Amit Trivedi and Raj Kumar worked on making soundtrack ferocity with the movie narrative. The eccentric soundtrack received immense recognition.
In the year 2008, Dev D was lastly seeing the light of the day. The music, released in the month of December, comprised of 18 tracks of manifold genres. Amit Trivedi coined music as “baap of different genres”.
Facts You Never Knew About Amit Trivedi!
- Amit Trivedi was part of a musical band titled ‘Om’, prior composing for Bollywood. Unluckily the band was not so popular, though you can still see him working together with the band mate Sreeram.
- He composed song tracks in Abhijeet Sawant’s Junoon, covering title track.
- Amir was familiarized to Anurag Kashyap, by a friend, none except Shilpa Rao.
- Amir Trivedi has composed lyrics for “Aankh Micholi” from the movie Dev D.
- Even though Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy composed music for the movie Wake Up Sid, Amir composed the song Iktara.
- Amir Trivedi has worked together with Yo Yo Honey Singh in a track for Luv Shuv te chicken khurana.
- Though he mostly sings for his own compositions only, he has sung ‘Keh Ke Lunga’ from Gangs of Wasseypur ,composed by sneha khanwalkar.
|Amit Trivedi Education|
|College/University||Rizvi College, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Amit Trivedi Gallery|
|Amit Trivedi Career|
|Profession||Musician, Singer, Film Composer, Lyricist|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
Bollywood Music Composing: Aamir (2008)
|Net Worth||Under Review|
|Family & Relatives|
|Son(s)||Yaman (Born 2012)|