Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||30-28-32 inches|
|Height||5 ft 6 inches (1.68 m)|
|Weight||65 kg (143 lbs)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
Meenakshi is a renowned Indian movie actress, dancer, model and TV actress who predominantly recognized for her work in Bollywood movies. She was born in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India on November 16, 1963. Meenakshi is a famous movie actress, dancer and model from India. She is massively considered amongst the top paid actresses all through her time in Bollywood.
She is proficient in four different Indian Classical dancing forms like Bharathanatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathak and Odissi. Meenakshi emerged as the victor of Eve’s Miss India Contest at her 17 years of age. She moved ahead to appear in Miss International title held in Japan in the subsequent year.
Meenakshi’s acting debut transpired with 1983’s movie Painter Babu, which did not savor any commercial and critical acclamation. At this point of time, she rumored of quitting acting though was motivated by famous Indian movie director Subhash Ghai to play the leading role in the film titled ‘Hero’, together with Jackie Shroff. Even though she didn’t notice any enormous success in the subsequent movies, she got a break with the movie, Bewafai alongside Rajesh Khanna and Rajinikanth. Her next leading commercial success was with the film titled ‘Meri Jung’, opposite Anil Kapoor. Moreover, she moved ahead to appear in numerous other legendary movies like Dilwaala, Swati, Vijay, Allah Rakha, Gangaa Jamunaa Saraswathi, Toofan, Shandaar, Main Balwan, En Rathathin Rathame, and numerous other.
Meenakshi runs her own dancing school called ‘Cherish Institute of Dance’. She teaches numerous Indian classical dancing forms. She is also proficient enough in performing dancing programs alongside her students with the intention of raising funds for philanthropic activities. Meenakshi has also received prestigious award for the best actress at Smita Patil Memorial Awards 1993. Aside from this, she has also received two Filmfare Awards nominees.
Meenakshi has a brother named Shekhar Seshadri who is a Psychiatrist. Since 1997, she is married to Harish Mysore the couple was blessed with a daughter named Kendra and two sons named Josh and Matt.
Meenakshi Seshadri Career
Film: Painter Babu (1983)
TV: Movers and Shakers (1999)
Family & Relatives
Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Harish Mysore
No. of Children: 2
Son: Josh Mysore
Daughter: Kendra Mysore
Meenakshi Seshadri Favorites
Favorite Movie: Bollywood: Amar Akbar Anthony
Favorite Food: Home-made Food
Facts You Never Knew About Meenakshi Seshadri
- Is Meenakshi addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is Meenakshi alcoholic?: Not Known
- She was born in a Tamil family as Shashikala Seshadri.
- She is a proficient dancer in four renowned Indian classical dancing forms like Kuchipudi, Bharata Natyam, Odissi and Kathak. She started to study dance under the sponsorship of Jaya Rama Rao and Vempati Chinna Satyam.
- At her 17 years of age, she took part and won Eve’s Weekly Miss India title. She also participated in Miss International 1981 held in Tokyo city of Japan.
- Meenakshi made her first debut with Manoj Kumar’s film titled Painter Babu, a Hindi/Telugu movie alongside Rajiv Goswami, younger brother of Manoj Kumar.
- Meenakshi rose to utmost fame with the superhit movie Hero produced by Subhash Ghai.
- Meenakshi is married to Harish Mysore an investment banker and is currently settled in Texas, USA wherein she runs her own dancing school titled Cherish Dance School.
- Renowned film director Margret Stephens produced a documentary movie on Meenakshi titled, ‘Meenkakshi Accept Her Wings’.
- Prior her retirement from acting, she frequently starred on an Indian late night talk show titled Movers and Shakers, hosted by Shekhar Suman.