Mohit Raina is an uprising Indian television and movie actor. He initiated his career in acting with a scientific fiction show Antariksh and afterward move ahead to play a role in the movie Don Muthu Swami. Mohit Raina is massively recognized for his leading role of Hindu Shiva in the TV series, Mahabharat and Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev, prior which he had appeared in television soap operas comprising off Ganga Ki Dheej and Chehra. In the year 2019, Mohit Raina made his first Bollywood debut with action thrilling movie Uri – The Surgical Strike, which was ranked amongst the top-grossing Indian movies of all the time.
He was born on 14th August 1982 in Jammu. Raina was grown up in Jammu, where he earned a degree in commerce. He settled in Mumbai with the intention of starting his career in modeling. He anticipated that the profession of modeling would provide him with a way into acting work. He lost around 29 kilograms from his adolescent weight of 107 kilograms so that he could partake in Grasim Mister India modeling contest 2005. Mohit Raina was placed amongst top 5 contestants of that particular competition.
His acting career started in the year 2005 when he performed in a science fiction television show named Antariksh. In the year 2008, he featured as JaiKishan in a comedy movie titled Don Muthu Swami, which was not a big success at Indian box office and compelled him to return back towards his television work. In the year 2009, Mohit Raina starred in television serial Chehra, a full of suspense drama circling around a handicapped lady.
In 2011, Mohit Raina was featured as the lead in Nikhil Sinha’s serial Devon Ke Dev — Mahadev. The series solely concentrated on Hindu god Shiva. Mohit also worked on improving his figure for this role and also started to learn Indian classical dance Kathak, which is an essential part of his role as god Shiva.
Mohit Raina has also played the role of adult emperor Ashoka, in a historical serial titled Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat aired on Colors TV. Right after Ashoka, Mohit also played his leading role of Ishar Singh in the serial 21 Sarfarosh – Saragarhi 1897 which is solely based upon the Battle of Saragarhi. Mohit also appeared in the role of Major Karan Kashyap in the film Uri – The Surgical Strike released on 11th January 2019.
|Mohit Raina Bio Data||Description|
|Full Name||Mohit Raina|
|Age (as of 2019)||36 years old|
|Date of Birth||14 August 1982|
|Mohit Raina Academic Profile|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jammu|
|College/University||Jammu University, Jammu|
|Mohit Raina HD Photos||
|Mohit Raina Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Salary||1 Lakh/day (INR)|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Late P.L. Raina|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||172 lbs|
|Weight in KG||78 kg|
|Height in Feet||5 feet 11 inches|
|Height in Meter||1.80 m|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Meditation, playing snooker, reading and workout|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Denzel Washington, Sylvester Stallone, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Alia Bhatt|
|Favorite Food||Rajma-chawal, gajar ka halwa, Kashmiri pulao and samosa|
|Mohit Raina Social Media|
Some Interesting Facts About Mohit Raina
- Mohit Raina weighed around 107 kg in his earlier days and lost more than 29 kg just for modeling.
- He was considered amongst top 5 contestants in 2005 Grasim Mister India.
- Mohit Raina became a renowned face by playing his leading role of Lord Shiva in serial Devon Ke Dev, Mahadev.
- Raina used to take about 75 minutes to get ready in Lord Shiva’s getup.
- After the series Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev, Mohit played another leading role of King Ashoka in serial Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat.
- Mohit Raina is a follower of Lord Shiva in his real life.
- Once, Priyanka Chopra’s family showed their interest at Mohit Raina to be her husband.
- In the year 2018, Mohit Raina received ITA Award for the Best Male Actor.
- Mohit Raina had previously acted in serials like Chehra and Ganga Kii Dheej, the TV actor became a household name only when he played the role of Lord Shiva in Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev.
- Mohit Raina mainly works in Hindi Television Serials and Bollywood Film.
- Mohit Raina made his Bollywood Screen Debut Film Don Mathu Swami (2008). He is completed Bachelor of Commerce from Jammu University, Jammu.
- Mohit Raina is Unmarried and currently in a relationship with Actress Mouni roy.
- Mohit was made his on-screen debut with TV Serial Antariksh – Ek Amar Katha (2006-07).