Balakrishnan, also recognized as R. Balki, is a renowned Indian film producer, scriptwriter and former chairman of an advertising agency named Lowe Lintas. He is typically recognized for directing the movies titled Paa, Cheeni Kum, and Pad Man.
At his 23 years of age, R. Balakrishnan initiated his career with the movie Mudra. His utmost passion had always been film producing; after completing his studies; he attended Madras Film Institute with the intention of completing a course in film direction. Though, he did not like the board that questioned him, thus he walked out ultimately. Hereafter, he attended a Masters in Computer Application course in a college unswervingly opposite to film direction institute. R. Balakrishnan always loved to use computers; hence he believed that he could perform well in this field. After studying for more than 3 years, he was expelled out in last year on account of lack of attendance. In accordance with him, this was primarily because he watched lots of movies and played lots of cricket.
Balakrishnan idol was Ramesh Sippy once he initiated his career; he desired to contend with him in commercials and got to see him only much later.
Balakrishnan’s ideas have encompassed “Jaago re” ads for Tata Tea, “Daag Ache Hain” for ‘Surf Excel’, and “walk when you talk” for Idea Cellular TV commercial campaigns. He has directed and written the movie Cheeni Kum, which featured Tabu and Amitabh Bachchan. His second movie was the commercially successful and critically acclaimed Paa, released in the year 2009, featuring Vidya Balan, Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan. Shamitabh is his 3rd project featuring Amitabh Bachchan, Kollywood superstar Dhanush and Akshara Haasan. The movie released in the year 2015. His latest directed film “Ki and Ka” released in the year 2016 featuring Arjun Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. Ilaiyaraaja, a well-known Indian composer, is his most favorite composer. He worked together with P. C. Sreeram. In the year 2007, R. Balakrishnan has been married to Gauri Shinde who is also an Indian feature film and ad film director.
|R. Balakrishnan Bio Data|
|Full Name||R. Balakrishnan|
|Nickname/Alternative Name||R. Balki|
|Age (as of 2019)||54 years old|
|Date of Birth||22 April 1965|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|R. Balakrishnan Academic Profile|
|Qualification||Graduate (was expelled from a Masters in Computer Application (MCA) course owing to poor attendance)|
|R. Balakrishnan HD Photos||
|R. Balakrishnan Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
Direction: Cheeni Kum (2007)
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Family & Relatives|
Gauri Shinde (Filmmaker)
|Father||Name Not Known (Worked in the housing department of LIC; now practises Law)|
|Mother||Name Not Known|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||176 lbs|
|Weight in KG||80 kg|
|Height in Feet||5’ 10”|
|Height in Meter||1.78 m|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Watching Cricket and Movies|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Ramesh Sippy, Manmohan Desai, SS Rajamouli, Balu Mahendra, Mani Ratnam|
|R. Balakrishnan Social Media|
R Balakrishnan, one of the founders of CRISIL, on India’s Stock Markets for 2019
Some Interesting Facts About R. Balakrishnan
- Balakrishnan’s father was a film frenzied and frequently took his son to cinema all through their younger years.
- On account of his deep interests in Movies and Cricket, R. Balakrishnan always fell lacking in required turnout in class. As he was a typical attendance defaulter, he was banished from college in his final year.
- Balakrishnan is the actual mind behind renowned TV commercial tag lines like Daag Ache Hai for Surf Excel, Walk Talk for Idea and Jaago Re for Tata Tea.
- In a flash, he mounted the ladder of victory. He is the former Chairperson of a well-known advertising agency named Lowe Lintas.
- In the year 2017, R. Balakrishnan has directed four commercial hits. Fascinatingly, all four movies star his most favorite actor Amitabh Bachchan in either a guest appearance or in a leading role.
- Balakrishnan’s wife named Gauri Shinde, has also made an evolution from ad-movie industry exactly like him. Though she has directed only two films such as Dear Zindagi and English Vinglish, both of them have appeared as nice successes at Indian box-office.