|Age||30 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1992|
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m)|
|Weight||50 Kg (110 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Full Name||Sanya Malhotra|
Sanya Malhotra could be a fresh face in Indian business industry. She is a professional dancer and is currently planning to create her debut in Indian movie industry. Sanya Malhotra was appeared as Aamir Khan’s girl in the movie Dangal. She got her desirable role after several months of auditions. She would like to work with superstar Ranbir Kapoor. She was born on 25th February 1992 and raised in Delhi, India. Sanya completed her early education from Ryan International School, Delhi and did her graduated from Gargi College of Delhi University.
Sanya Malhotra was appeared in Vishal Bhardwaj’s comedy drama movie Pataakha, along with Radhika Madan. Her next release was the comedy movie Badhaai Ho, opposite Ayushmann Khurrana, which is regarding the pregnancy of a middle-aged couple. The movie proved to be a big success.
In the year 2019, Sanya Malhotra performed in Ritesh Batra’s romantic movie Photograph opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui. The film pursues a street photographer named Rafi, who tries to convince Miloni to act as his fiancée so that his grand mom stops forcing him to get married. The movie was selected at 2019 Sundance Movie Festival as well as in 69th Berlin International Movie Festival.
A Hollywood Reporter has completed a hallmark on “5 Breakout Talents to Watch from Berlin Film Festival” and has this to state about Sanya Malhotra “The Indian actress has created recognition for herself at home with featuring roles in 2018’s megahits Pataakha and Badhaai Ho. But her role as a shy stranger requested on to act as a fake fiancée of a street photographer in the movie Photograph, from director Ritesh Batra, could be her golden chance to cross over globally.”
Check out exclusive facts about Sanya Malhotra.
Sanya Malhotra Education
Sanya Malhotra Career
Film Debut: Dangal (2016)
Family & Relatives
Father: Sunil Malhotra
Mother: Renu Malhotra
Sister(s): Shagun Malhotra
Marital Status: Single
Sanya Malhotra Favorites
Hobbies: Travelling and dancing
Favorite Actor: Aamir Khan
Favorite Actress: Priyanka Chopra
Favorite Food: Pizza and Chocolates
Facts You Never Knew About Sanya Malhotra!
- Sanya Malhotra was born in a Punjabi middle-class family.
- All through her childhood, Sanya suffered from mumbling problem, which she had overcome with the passage of time.
- Sanya Malhotra has been passionate enough about dancing and is a professional ballet dancer.
- As a child, she was captivated by Indian award shows and also exhibited her acting skills at theatre plays in Delhi.
- She left her dancing ambitions once failing in a contest titled Dance India Dance; she settled in Mumbai with the intention of trying her luck in acting and started appearing in several ad commercials.
- Sanya Malhotra rose to fame with 2016 megahit Dangal, where she played the character of Babita Kumari who had won a gold medal in the year 2014 Common Wealth Games.
- She beat more than 10,000 girls at auditions to get her leading role of Babita Kumari in super hit Dangal.
- She, together with Zaira Wasim, Suhani Bhatnagar and Fatima Sana Sheikh used to stay at Aamir Khan’s apartment in Mumbai for more than 6 months all through the shooting of Dangal.
- After doing Dangal, Sanya Malhotra worked as an internee at Aamir Khan Productions, wherein she learned the talents of post-production, pre-production, VFX and background score.
- Sanya Malhotra turned choreographer for Aamir in his production movie Secret Superstar.
- Sanya is an avid cat lover.
- Travelling and dancing and her most favorite hobbies.
- Sanya’s favorite foods are Pizza and Chocolates.