Nickname:Elvis Presley of India
Full Name:Sonu Nigam
Profession:Singer, Music Director
Age:48 years old (in 2021)
Date of Birth:30 July 1973
Birthplace:Faridabad, Haryana, India
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)
Weight:65 kg (143 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Sonu Nigam is a renowned playback vocalist of Bollywood film industry and typically recognized for his versatile voice and distinctive way of singing. He has sung for numerous Indi-pop music albums. Sonu Nigam was born in Faridabad, Haryana, India on 30th July 1973. He settled in Delhi with his family while he was relatively young.
Sonu Nigam completed his school education from J.D. Tytler School. He inbred the flair of singing from his father named Agam Kumar who was a playback singer too. Sonu was provided an opportunity to sing by T-Series of Gulshan Kumar, one of the leading Indian recording establishments. He married to Madhurima on 15th February 2002 in Kolkata.
Sonu Nigam’s singer career initiated with his melodic songs covers by Mohammad Rafi. As a playback vocalist his debut movie was Janum which was not officially released. His next opportunity as a playback vocalist was in Gulshan Kumar’s movie Aaja Meri Jaan trailed by “Accha Sila Diya Tune” for the movie Bewafa Sanam. Some prevalent songs of Sonu Nigam which ultimately led him to utmost fame are “Yeh Dil, Deewana” in Pardes, “Sandese Aate Hai” from Border, ”Saathiya” in Saathiya, “Kal Ho Naa Ho”in Kal Ho Naa Ho ,”Tanhayee” in Dil Chahta Hai, Suraj Hua Maddham” in Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and numerous others. Sonu Nigam did playback singing for incalculable movies and has also sung in other local languages like Bengali, Punjabi, Kannad and Telugu.
Sonu Nigam has also sung for numerous private pop music albums like “Sapnay Ki Baat”, “Mausam”, “Deewana”, Kismat”, “Yaad”, “Jaan” and “Chanda ki Doli”. He had even tried his good fortune in acting field and acted in numerous movies like Kaash Aap Hamare Hote, Love in Nepal and Jaani Dushman. Sonu Nigam also hosted a musical show titled SaReGaMa aired on Zee TV which became enormously famous and also hosted the show titled Kisme Kitna Hai Dum and had been a judge for program Indian Idol aired on Sony TV. Sonu has even initiated to host a radio program called “Life Ki Dhun” aired on Radio City 91 FM in which he interviews renowned Bollywood figures.
Facts You Never Knew About Sonu Nigam!
- Is Sonu Nigam addicted to smoking?: No
- Is Sonu Nigam drink alcoholic?: Not Known
- Sonu Nigam is a legendary Indian playback singer who is commonly recognized as Elvis Presley of India.
- He was only 3 years old when he gave his first on-stage performance on the famous song titled Kya Hua Tera Vaada.
- Sonu was primarily trained by classical vocalist Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
- He was only 10 years old when he made his first acting debut by depicting the role of young Shatrughan Sinha in the movie titled Taqdeer.
- Owing to his parallel way of singing to Mohammed Rafi, he was formerly named as Rafi clone.
- Sonu Nigam would have been an astronaut or scientist if not a singer.
- His debut movie was Love in Nepal in the year 2004.
- Sonu has a great fear of lizards and cockroaches.
- Sonu Nigam has sung songs in several languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Oriya, Punjabi, Assamese, Malayalam, Bengali, Telugu, Nepali and Marathi.
- Sonu Nigam is a popular Indian playback singer who has won many awards and honors for his excellent singing skills. His songs like Kanhi Alvida Na Kehna, Kal Ho Naa Ho and others have become superhits in India and he has gained international stature also. Know some interesting facts about Sonu nigam.
- He loves mimicry and and he commonly mimics other singers in Bollywood.
- Sonu debuted on stage at the age of three by singing the popular song ‘Kya Hua Tera Vaada’.
- He is amongst the most popular singers of Bollywood. Known for his versatility and frequently changing style statements, Sonu Nigam is a teen icon.
- Sonu Nigam used to accompany his father on his shows and once gave a moving performance at the tender age of three. He sang the superhit song of Mohammed Rafi “Kya Hua Tera Wada”.
- Sonu Nigam started his bollywood career with his first break to sing for the movie Janum in the year 1990. His impressive singing was noticed by the famous Gulshan Kumar and he offered Sonu to sing in the film Bewafa Sanam.
Sonu Nigam Education
School: J.D. Tyler School, Delhi
College: University of Delhi, New Delhi
Sonu Nigam Gallery
Sonu Nigam Career
Profession: Singer, Music Director
Debut TV Series/Movie: Singing: Bewafa Sanam (1990, Bollywood)
Album: Rafi Ki Yaadein Vol 10-20 (1993)
Music Direction: Sooper Se Ooper (2013)
Film: Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani (2002)
Salary: 5-7 Lakh/song (INR)
Net Worth: $8 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Agam Kumar Nigam (Singer)
Mother: Shobha Nigam
Brother(s): Not Known
Sister(s): Meenal and Neekita (Younger)
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Madhurima Nigam
Daughter(s): Not Known
Sonu Nigam Favorites
Hobbies: Workout, reading
Favorite Actress: Madhuri Dixit, Marlyn Monroe
Favorite Food: Paneer makhanwala, paneer kofta, gulab jamun, butter chicken and tandoori chicken
Favorite Color: Black
Luke Mullen Wish Luke Mullen Happy Birthday
Clara Wilsey Wish Clara Wilsey Happy Birthday
Prince Narula Wish Prince Narula Happy Birthday
Ruhani Sharma Wish Ruhani Sharma Happy Birthday
Aidan Gallagher Wish Aidan Gallagher Happy Birthday
Nina Lu Wish Nina Lu Happy Birthday
Priya Bapat Wish Priya Bapat Happy Birthday
Upendra Rao Wish Upendra Rao Happy Birthday