Age (as of 2019)40 years old
Date of Birth11 September, 1979
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height5.6 (1.68 m )
Weight55 kg (121 lbs)
HobbiesYoga, Travelling, Music, & Writing
Favorite ActorSaif Ali Khan, Amir Khan
Favorite ActressCatherine Zeta Jones
Favorite FoodMoong Daal, Khichri
Favorite DestinationHimachal Pradesh , Punjab , Italy & California
Tulip Joshi is a talented Indian actress who has performed in a number of Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada movies. She was born in Mumbai, India on born 11th September 1979 to an Armenian mother and a Gujarati Indian father. Tulip Joshi was brought up in Mumbai city wherein she joined Jamnabai Narsee School, and afterward Vivek College from where she earned her graduation degree with a major in food science.
Tulip took part in Femina Miss India 2000. She didn’t make it to winners list though was noted by numerous advertising agencies. Tulip Joshi appeared in numerous advertising campaigns for renowned brands including Pepsi, Ponds, Smirnoff, Siyaram, BPL, Tata Sky mobile TV etc. She also performed in a video created as a tribute to legendry singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
Tulip played the role of Anjali in her Bollywood debut titled “Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai”. The movie was quite successful on Indian box office. In spite of the positive reviews, Tulip Joshi was criticized for her acting. After 2 years interval, Tulip Joshi reemerged in the movie Matrubhoomi – a dark movie regarding a revolutionary world with just about no women. Her acting in it was admired and established her integrity as a stunning Bollywood actress. The film “Dhoka” also gave her some appreciation.
Tulip Joshi afterward appeared in a Telugu movie named “Villain”. Her next Bollywood movie was Dil Maange More alongside Ayesha Takia, Shahid Kapoor and Soha Ali Khan. The movie got average criticisms, though it was not a mega box office success.
In 2009, Tulip Joshi acted in her first Punjabi movie titled “Jag Jeondeyan De Mele”, with renowned Punjabi actor and singer, Harbhajan Maan. In the year 2011, She once again appeared with Harbhajan Mann in the movie Yaara O Dildaara. Tulip also appeared in a Kannada movie directed by Upendra called “Super”. The movie was a megahit in Kannada. The movie was also being dubbed in Telugu, Hindi and Tamil. Tulip Joshi was appeared in her next Punjabi movie Jatt Airways, directed by Harjeet Ricky. This movie was released on 30th August 2013.
Facts You Never Knew About Tulip Joshi !
- Tulip Joshi had never dreamed of emerging as an actress though anyhow ended up in contributing in Miss India Femina 2000. Even if she did not win that contest, she received a number of offers for TV commercials and modeling.
- She was into sports and always desired to boost her career in same field.
- Tulip Joshi was also appeared in a tribute music video “Tere Bin Nahi Lagda Dil Mera Dholna”.
- Tulip’s mother is of Armenian and her father is of Gujarati ethnicity. She was not fluent in Hindi, though she learned Hindi language together with Telugu, Tamil and Punjabi to work in movies.
- She has got a unique name in accordance with Bollywood Industry. Hence, she reformed her name to Sanjana for her first movie. But afterward, she began doing work with her actual name as it fit her best.
- Tulip Joshi has got a slip disc issue in her backbone, owing to which, she had to stay in bed for several months. All through her period of illness she developed her interest in writing.
|Tulip Joshi Education|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School , Mumbai, India|
|College/University||Vivek College, Mumbai, India|
|Tulip Joshi Gallery|
|Tulip Joshi Career|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
Movie- Aj Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2002)
|Family & Relatives|
Captain VInpd Nasir
|Sister||Monalisa Bedi , Selphi Joshi|