Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 9 inches (1.75 m)|
|Weight||95 kg (209 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Full Name||Rajinder Dhawan (After passing out of college, he officially changed his name to David)|
|Age||66 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||16 August 1955|
David Dhawan is a distinguished Bollywood film director who predominantly works in Hindi movies. He is the father of renowned Bollywood director Rohit Dhawan and actor Varun Dhawan. David is typically recognized for directing a number of megahit movies, like Shola Aur Shabnam, Swarg, Judwaa, Saajan Chale Sasural, Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, Partner, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Main Tera Hero, Chashme Baddoor and Judwaa 2. The 1993s thrilling action movie Aankhen and 1999s superhit comedy Biwi No.1 earned him a Filmfare Award under the nominees for Best Film Director.
David Dhawan was born in Agartala, India on 16th August, 1955. He belongs to a Hindu Punjabi family, though raised up in Kanpur wherein his father was a manager in UCO Bank, got relocated. David studied in BNSD Inter College and Christ Church College till Class XII. He afterwards joined Television and Film Institute of India for acting, though noticing other actors like Suresh Oberoi and Satish Shah, realized that he can’t act so well. Hence, he took up editing as an alternative. David Dhawan belongs to Ludhiana Punjab. His real name is ‘Rajinder Dhawan’ though once he was growing up, his neighbors, used to affectionately call him ‘David,’ and he formally amended it to David, after he got into the Television and Film Institute of India.
David Dhawan started off as an editor prior heading towards film directing. He has sufficient amount of expertise in directing comedy movies. His major success to date is Judwaa 2, featuring Jacqueline Fernandez, his son Varun Dhawan and Taapsee Pannu. His movie Partner also emerged as a mega success at Indian box office. David Dhawan is on the panel of Asian Academy of Television & Film and Asian School of Media Studies wherein he has been bestowed with Academy Award. David also appeared as a judge on Star plus TV show titled Nach Baliye Season 3 as well as on the show Hans Baliye.
David Dhawan tied the knot with Karuna and the couple was blessed with two sons named Varun Dhawan and Rohit Dhawan. Dhawan’s nephew is actor Siddharth Dhawan and brother is Anil Dhawan.
David Dhawan Education
|Qualification||Course in Editing|
|School||Christ Church College, Kanpur
|College||Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune
David Dhawan's Photos Gallery
David Dhawan Career
Direction: Taaqatwar (1989)
TV: Nach Baliye 3 (As a Judge, 2008)
Salary: USD 430,000
Net Worth: USD 15 Million
Family & Relatives
Father: Not Known (Worked as a manager in UCO Bank; passed away in the year 1993)
Mother: Not Known
Brother(s): Ashok Dhawan (lost his life to cancer), Anil Dhawan (Actor)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Karuna Chopra
Son(s): Rohit Dhawan, Director (Elder), Varun Dhawan (Actor)
David Dhawan Favorites
Favorite Food: Cheesecake, Nando's Chicken and Mishti Doi
Facts You Never Knew About David Dhawan!
- Is David Dhawan addicted to smoking: Not Known
- Is David Dhawan alcoholic: Not Known
- At first, Dhawan had no intentions of joining film industry; though, after his elder brother, Anil, enrolled for an acting course at FTII, he also planned of giving it a try. Hence, Dhawan joined himself in the similar institute and course.
- After spending a couple of months there, he congregated that acting wasn’t his thing. Hence, he abandoned the course and joined an editing course in its place.
- In a recent interview, he exposed that he is obligated to famous actor Sanjay Dutt for all his success, as it was no one other than Sanjay who supported him to bag his initial break as a film director.
- Up to the present time, David Dhawan has directed more than 42 Bollywood movies.
- He has paired up with Govinda in more than 17 films, numerous of which were blockbusters at Indian box-office.