Full Name:Juhi S. Chawla
Age (as of 2019):51 years old
Date of Birth:November 13, 1967
Birthplace:Ambala, Haryana, India
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 ft 4 inches (1.63 m)
Weight:56 kg (123 lbs)
Body Measurements:34-26-34 inches
Dress Size:4 (US)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Juhi Chawla is a well-known Indian movies actress, film producer, model, and the recipient of Miss India beauty pageant 1984. She has primarily worked in Bollywood cinema, along with Punjabi, Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada language movies. One of the most renowned and top-paid film actresses of 1980s and 1990s, Juhi Chawla is the winner of numerous accolades, comprising off two Filmfare Awards. She has gathered immense admiration for her vibrant on-screen persona.
Juhi Chawla was born in Ambala, India on 13th November 1967. She was raised in Ambala, Haryana, India. She completed her school education at Fort Convent School, Mumbai, and afterward earned her graduated degree from Sydenham College, Mumbai. Chawla’s father was an officer in Indian Revenue Service. She was the victor of Miss India title 1984. Juhi Chawla also bestowed with Best Costume Award at Miss Universe contest in the year1984.
In 1986, she made her first appearance with the movie Sultanat, and got massive public acclamation with the successful romantic tragic movie Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, wherein she became the opening winner of Lux Filmfare Award for New Face of the Year. Juhi Chawla moved ahead to establish herself as a prominent actress of Bollywood film industry by appearing in sequential top grossing movies, garnering admiration for her characters as a bar dancer in thrilling action movie Lootere, a victimized woman in the romantic movie Aaina, a South Indian in comic romance movie Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke, for which she received Filmfare Award for the Best Actress, and a sacrificing lady in the thrilling romantic movie Darr.
Juhi Chawla achieved utmost fame through performing as a leading female in numerous Indian box office successes, including Ram Jaane, Naajayaz, Yes Boss, Deewana Mastana, Arjun Pandit and Ishq. In 21st century, she started to work with independent film directors in art-house plans, gathering critical praise for her work in 3 Deewarein, Jhankaar Beats, Bas Ek Pal, My Brother Nikhil, Chalk n Duster and Gulaab Gang.
Apart from acting, Juhi Chawla has appeared as a judge for the 3rd season of dancing reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa aired on Sony TV. She got married to famous industrialist Jay Mehta in the year 1995 and the couple has two kids.
Facts You Never Knew About Juhi Chawla!
- Juhi Chawla was born to a Gujarati mother and Punjabi father.
- She was the conqueror of Miss India Title in the year1984.
- She was 18 years old when she made her first appearance in the Bollywood with the movie Sultanat.
- Juhi Chawla is a professional classical singer and Kathak dancer.
- She had a conflict with Madhuri Dixit at the apex of their careers all through 90s.
- She is a pure vegetarian.
- Juhi Chawla was the first choice for Karishma Kapoor’s characters in the movies Dil To Pagal Hai and Raja Hindustani.
- She was extremely annoyed of being pranked by co-star Aamir Khan throughout the shooting of the film Ishq and she didn’t talk to him for more than 6 years.
- Juhi Chawla is the co-founder of Dreamz Unlimited production with director Aziz Mirza and superstar Shahrukh Khan.
Juhi Chawla Education
Qualification: specialization in HR
School: Fort Convent School, Mumbai
College: Sydenham College, Mumbai
Juhi Chawla Gallery
Juhi Chawla Career
Salary: USD 35,000
Net Worth: $350 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Dr. S. Chawla
Mother: Mona Chawla
Sister(s): Sonia Chawla
Marital Status: Married
Husband/Boyfriend: Jay Mehta (m. 1995)
Son(s): Arjun Mehta
Daughter(s): Jhanvi Mehta