Full Name:Kunaal Roy Kapur
Age (as of 2019):40 years old
Date of Birth:13 January 1979
Birthplace:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m)
Weight:85 kg (187 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Hobbies:Photography, doing theatre plays, swimming
Favorite Actress:Vidya Balan
Favorite Food:Olive in Mumbai
Kunaal Roy Kapur is a famous Indian movie actor as well as a director. He primarily works in Indian film industry. Kunaal was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on 13th February, 1979. He is commonly known for movies like, Nautanki Saala as Mandar lele, Delhi Belly as Nitin Berry and The Final Exit.
Kunaal Roy Kapur initiated his career in acting with the most popular Indian Soap “Just Mohabbat” aired on Sony TV. In the year 2006, he directed a comedy play, “The President Is Coming”. He tried to adapt this play into a film, with the intention of making his directorial debut with “The President Is Coming”. Kunaal Roy Kapur also appeared in 6 episodes of a British-Indian comedy serial “Mumbai Calling” with his role of a call center operator. A few of his latest movies involve Ikka, Marudhar Express, 3 Dev, Mushkil and Mahabharata.
Kunaal Roy Kapur was raised in Mumbai city by his Mom Salome Roy Kapur and his father Roy Kapur. He has two elder brothers named Adiya Roy Kapur and Siddharth Roy Kapur. Kunaal Roy Kapur completed his schooling from G D Somani Memorial School, and afterward completed his graduation from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai. He is married to Shayonti, a well-known interior designer, in the year 2005. The couple has two kids named Shanaz Roy Kapoor and Zahaan Roy Kapoor.
Facts You Never Knew About Kunaal Roy Kapur!
- Kunaal Roy Kapur was born to a Jewish mother and Punjabi father.
- His father was an army officer who met his Mom in a bar once he was posted in Kashmir.
- His grandfather, Raghupat Roy Kapur, migrated to Mumbai from Lahore, Pakistan in 1940s.
- His parental grandparents were both dance trainers; hence, his Mom is also proficient in Ballroom Dancing and Latin American. His mother also worked as a choreographer.
- He was very poor in studies all through school and would obtain marks in 40s.
- Kunaal Roy Kapur began acting in theatre shows when he was 12 years old and continued doing it thru college and got chosen for a Sony TV’s serial ‘Just Mohabbat’, prior completing his graduation.
- Together with managing a photo studio, he also did theatre shows and directed a play “The President Is Coming’. Rohan Sippy, a director, and son of ‘Sholay’ director, Ramesh Sippy, enjoyed Kunaal’s play and he directed a movie based upon it with Kunaal as film director. Although the movie was scheduled to release on the day before 26/11, due to Mumbai attacks, the movie was adjourned to January.
- Kunaal Roy Kapur gained around 20 kg for ‘Delhi Belly’ and lost approx. 25 kg for his next movie.
- Kunaal Roy Kapur got married to his childhood friend Shayonti who was an interior designer and presently is a ceramic artiste.
- Kunaal’s big break came with super hit ‘Delhi Belly’, in which he played the role of a guy suffering constipation problem.
- Kunaal Roy Kapur made an unbelievable change in his appearances for his role as ‘Lawyer Reddy’ in Azharuddin’s documentary film ‘Azhar’.
- Kunaal is not active on social media.
- Actor Kunal Roy Kapur, best known for his role in Delhi Belly, is gearing up for the release of Kaalakaandi,
- Kunaal Roy Kapur is an Indian Actor and Director. He was born on 13 February 1979 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Kunaal Roy Kapur is graduated from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. He mainly works in Hindi Movies, TV Serials and Web Series.
- Kunaal Roy Kapur was made his on-screen debut with TV Serial ‘Just Mohabbat’ (1998) and His first Film ‘Panga Na Lo’ (2007).
- Kunaal Roy Kapur is very talented and most popular actor & director in India.
- Kunaal Roy Kapur is married to Shayonti Salvi, Ceramic artist on 2005, The couple blessed with a son, Zahaan Roy Kapoor and a daughter Shanaz Roy Kapoor.
Kunaal Roy Kapur Education
School: G D Somani Memorial School, Mumbai
College: St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
Kunaal Roy Kapur Gallery
Kunaal Roy Kapur Career
Profession: Actor, Director
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film: Panga Na Lo (2007)
- TV: Just Mohabbat (1998)
- Direction: The President Is Coming (2009)
- Web Series: TVF Tripling (2016)
Salary: Not Available
Net Worth: Not Available
Family & Relatives
Father: Roy Kapur (Producer)
Mother: Salome Roy Kapur (Former model and Choreographer)
Brother(s): Siddharth Roy Kapur (Elder, Producer and CEO of UTV Motion Pictures), Adiya Roy Kapur (Younger, Actor)
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Shayonti Salvi (Ceramic artist - m.2005-present)
Son(s): Zahaan Roy Kapoor
Daughter(s): Shanaz Roy Kapoor
Ex Girlfriends: Shayonti Salvi